Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC 13:32 - Dec 19 with 7636 viewsBobbychase

More changes incoming I'll wager.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55376727

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 13:35 - Dec 19 with 3965 viewsStokieBlue

Going to announce Tier 4 and I wouldn't be that surprised if some areas (London and SE) are put into it prior to Christmas.

No idea what it will involve over and above tier 3 though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 13:41 - Dec 19 with 3917 viewsBobbychase

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 13:35 - Dec 19 by StokieBlue

Going to announce Tier 4 and I wouldn't be that surprised if some areas (London and SE) are put into it prior to Christmas.

SB

Giant zorb balls to put anyone over 70 in, so they can still enjoy Christmas.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 13:44 - Dec 19 with 3894 viewsSteve_M

Lots of allusion to the new British super-covid that is the only reason the virus is out of control again. And definitely not government incompetence.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 13:45 - Dec 19 with 3880 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 13:47 - Dec 19 with 3865 viewsfooters

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 13:35 - Dec 19 by StokieBlue

SB

Good job I've just got my hair cut.

Reckon he might try to reduce the Christmas mixing from five days to just two?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 13:48 - Dec 19 with 3859 viewsfooters

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 13:44 - Dec 19 by Steve_M

Lots of allusion to the new British super-covid that is the only reason the virus is out of control again. And definitely not government incompetence.

Once again beating the world hands down with our superior strain.

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 13:49 - Dec 19 with 3851 viewsIllinoisblue

Xmas canceled per Stan Collymore. (And yes, weird to type that)

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 13:50 - Dec 19 with 3855 viewseireblue

He is going to ban swapping of presents due to transmission rates on wrapping paper.

Hopefully.
Login to get fewer ads

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 13:58 - Dec 19 with 3808 viewsStokieBlue

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 13:47 - Dec 19 by footers

Good job I've just got my hair cut.

Reckon he might try to reduce the Christmas mixing from five days to just two?

Possibly although I would say that is pointless.

If it's 3 households still then they can see 2 households in a single day and if they are together inside all day that's enough for probable transmission.

If it's going to be allowed then 1 or 5 days is pretty irrelevant I think.

Given that he almost certainly will make some meaningless change like this.

SB

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 14:00 - Dec 19 with 3788 viewsEastTownBlue

SB

Tier 4 which means cancelling Christmas for those areas is the suggestion.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2020 14:03]
Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 14:00 - Dec 19 with 3783 viewsAce_High1

As should have been announced 3 months ago CANCEL CHRISTMAS.
Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 14:05 - Dec 19 with 3746 viewsStokieBlue

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 14:00 - Dec 19 by EastTownBlue

Tier 4 which means cancelling Christmas for those areas is the suggestion.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2020 14:03]

That seems highly unlikely given previous statements just yesterday.

I also think any attempt to cancel Christmas in only selected areas would be doomed to failure.

SB

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 14:06 - Dec 19 with 3741 viewsitfcjoe

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 13:58 - Dec 19 by StokieBlue

Possibly although I would say that is pointless.

If it's 3 households still then they can see 2 households in a single day and if they are together inside all day that's enough for probable transmission.

If it's going to be allowed then 1 or 5 days is pretty irrelevant I think.

Given that he almost certainly will make some meaningless change like this.

SB

1 day is much more sensible that 5 days though, as much as you think the Christmas rules are farcical, and I don’t disagree, having the period of mixing cut to 20% is obviously better

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 14:14 - Dec 19 with 3695 viewsgiant_stow

In the late stories last night on this, the suggesiton was that there'd be a travel ban on leaving the southeast. Don;t know whether things have shifted since then though.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 14:19 - Dec 19 with 3657 viewsStokieBlue

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 14:06 - Dec 19 by itfcjoe

1 day is much more sensible that 5 days though, as much as you think the Christmas rules are farcical, and I don’t disagree, having the period of mixing cut to 20% is obviously better

Whilst I understand your point the reduction of time is irrelevant if it's still above the time required to be infected. Given this reducing the time even to 1 day isn't going to make much difference to transmission. One day is still more than enough time for something as virulent as C19:

https://english.elpais.com/society/2020-10-28/a-room-a-bar-and-a-class-how-the-c

- If 6 people spend 4 hours in a room talking without masks then everyone will get infected (5 people).

- If 6 people spend 4 hours in a room talking with masks then 4 people will get infected.

- If they have the windows open, wear masks and stay for only 2 hours then the risk of infection drops to 1 person.

So in the end mixing is either going to be allowed or it isn't. If it's allowed then fine, perhaps 1 day is better but I do feel it's likely to lead to a false sense of security. The government needs to be clear about the risks of transmission in various circumstances within the home and the information simply isn't easily available to many.

I fully understand it's very difficult though and everyone including myself wants to see their families.

SB
[Post edited 19 Dec 2020 14:20]

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 14:25 - Dec 19 with 3629 viewsDanTheMan

I'm so surprised, who could have seen this coming?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 14:30 - Dec 19 with 3598 viewsBryanPlug

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 14:25 - Dec 19 by DanTheMan

I'm so surprised, who could have seen this coming?

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 14:31 - Dec 19 with 3594 viewsDanTheMan

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 14:30 - Dec 19 by BryanPlug

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 14:32 - Dec 19 with 3588 viewsElderGrizzly

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 14:06 - Dec 19 by itfcjoe

Tier 4 will be banned from meeting anyone or leaving the house for anything but essential journeys.
All non essential shops will shut too apparently.

Essex, London and South East all to Tier 4 and will be enforced by law, not just advised.

Tier 1 to 3 only allowed to meet for 1 day on Dec 25th.

All international travel effectively banned from airports in Tier 4 areas.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2020 14:33]
Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 14:43 - Dec 19 with 3528 viewsStokieBlue

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 14:32 - Dec 19 by ElderGrizzly

Tier 4 will be banned from meeting anyone or leaving the house for anything but essential journeys.
All non essential shops will shut too apparently.

Essex, London and South East all to Tier 4 and will be enforced by law, not just advised.

Tier 1 to 3 only allowed to meet for 1 day on Dec 25th.

All international travel effectively banned from airports in Tier 4 areas.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2020 14:33]

"Tier 4 will be banned from meeting anyone or leaving the house for anything but essential journeys."

Guess we will see in a few hours but does that mean bubbles as well? No exercising either?

SB

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 14:46 - Dec 19 with 3501 viewsSteve_M

Just a reminder that this was three days ago:

[Post edited 19 Dec 2020 15:35]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 14:46 - Dec 19 with 3486 viewsDanTheMan

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 14:46 - Dec 19 by Steve_M

Something something Captain Hindsight.

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 14:51 - Dec 19 with 3452 viewsElderGrizzly

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 14:43 - Dec 19 by StokieBlue

"Tier 4 will be banned from meeting anyone or leaving the house for anything but essential journeys."

Guess we will see in a few hours but does that mean bubbles as well? No exercising either?

SB

Yes, no Christmas bubbles if that is what you mean.

They can’t (unless they change the law) remove support bubbles.

Edit: on exercise, expect it will be like the national lockdown in March.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2020 14:52]
Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 14:51 - Dec 19 with 3452 viewsfooters

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 14:46 - Dec 19 by Steve_M

This government really is pathetic. For a first-world country our response to this has been dire. No clear thinking whatsoever.

I know the situations are very different, but I've seen recent pics from NZ and Aus of people celebrating together again after pulling through lockdown. We could've had similar before Christmas maybe had the government actually been decisive.

Money can always be printed and jobs saved; the same cannot be said for lives.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2020 14:56]

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 14:52 - Dec 19 with 3449 viewsStokieBlue

Boris to hold press conference later, according to BBC on 14:51 - Dec 19 by ElderGrizzly

Yes, no Christmas bubbles if that is what you mean.

They can’t (unless they change the law) remove support bubbles.

Edit: on exercise, expect it will be like the national lockdown in March.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2020 14:52]

That's what I assumed.

Historical support bubbles would remain but there wouldn't be additional household Christmas bubbles.

Edit: That would seem the most likely scenario and probably easiest since everyone knows what those rules were.

SB
[Post edited 19 Dec 2020 14:55]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024