Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm glad that the restrictions have been tightened 17:49 - Dec 19 with 1045 viewstractordownsouth

But this episode shows yet again how Johnson's style of leadership is completely unsuited to a crisis. U-turns are fine if they are made in the spirit of "when the facts change I change my mind", but he was aware of this spike in cases as recently as Wednesday, and went on to accuse Labour of wanting to "cancel Christmas" for expressing concerns about the previous arrangements. He just digs himself a whole every time.

As Andrew Neil said the other day, he's a cheerleader for good times. This pattern of unfounded optimism and hyperbolic berating of any criticism followed by a quick u turn is getting completely ridiculous. Which is why after 5 years of cheerleading for Brexit, he'll resign in 2021 and leave us up sh1t creek, with the responsibility falling to someone else.

He's the worst PM of the last 50 years by a mile. At least the other sh1t ones were competent in overseeing misery - Johnson can't even get that right.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2020 17:49]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

I'm glad that the restrictions have been tightened on 17:53 - Dec 19 with 1006 viewsJ2BLUE

It's the 4 step BJ strategy

1) Get something wrong
2) Mindless optimistic bluster
3) Double down
4) u-turn

Now I can't have a go at anyone for getting things wrong but once it becomes very obvious that you're wrong you need to act instead of going through his clown's routine.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I'm glad that the restrictions have been tightened on 19:17 - Dec 19 with 927 viewsthebooks

He genuinely makes me angry. His announcement a few days back about “cancelling” Xmas being inhuman was maddening — you could tell he absolutely didn’t believe what he was saying and knew it was fundamentally wrong, but, you know, the lunatic fringe of the Tory party has to be catered for, and I’ll also get a dig in at any naysayers while I’m at it.

I’m never going to be a fan, but he can be a really smart operator — he ran rings around Labour and the rest of the Tory party during Brexit and the last election. And yet he never fails to disappoint when you need him to do the right thing.
I'm glad that the restrictions have been tightened on 19:52 - Dec 19 with 868 viewskeighleyblue

I'm glad that the restrictions have been tightened on 19:17 - Dec 19 by thebooks

He genuinely makes me angry. His announcement a few days back about “cancelling” Xmas being inhuman was maddening — you could tell he absolutely didn’t believe what he was saying and knew it was fundamentally wrong, but, you know, the lunatic fringe of the Tory party has to be catered for, and I’ll also get a dig in at any naysayers while I’m at it.

I’m never going to be a fan, but he can be a really smart operator — he ran rings around Labour and the rest of the Tory party during Brexit and the last election. And yet he never fails to disappoint when you need him to do the right thing.

"ran rings around" because no-one can keep up with the constant torrent of lies that he spews forth. If he stays, he goes the way of Trump - which is why he will go soon, fine line between loveable rogue and complete liability (from a gammon perspective I hasten to add).
I'm glad that the restrictions have been tightened on 20:04 - Dec 19 with 837 viewsthebooks

I'm glad that the restrictions have been tightened on 19:52 - Dec 19 by keighleyblue

"ran rings around" because no-one can keep up with the constant torrent of lies that he spews forth. If he stays, he goes the way of Trump - which is why he will go soon, fine line between loveable rogue and complete liability (from a gammon perspective I hasten to add).

I don’t doubt he’s an inveterate liar, dangerous etc. etc. but he’s not Trump; our response to the virus has been different to America’s and we probably owe a bit of that to the fact he’s not really a part of the Tory lunatic fringe.

That’s not to say we haven’t got things very wrong due to things like this Xmas 5 day idiocy.

And he is an effective political operator. While Remain tied itself in knots over legal challenges and battling Corbyn, Johnson crushed all dissension in the Tory party and made a very clear promise to the electorate. That’s why he has an 80 majority.
I'm glad that the restrictions have been tightened on 21:57 - Dec 19 with 708 viewsfactual_blue

I'm glad that the restrictions have been tightened on 19:52 - Dec 19 by keighleyblue

If there is anybody with any sense and decency in the tory party, they wouldn't want to take over now.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I'm glad that the restrictions have been tightened on 00:52 - Dec 20 with 618 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I'm glad that the restrictions have been tightened on 21:57 - Dec 19 by factual_blue

If there is anybody with any sense and decency in the tory party, they wouldn't want to take over now.

There isn't. Rory Stewart was deselected by text.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024