Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! 20:18 - Dec 19 with 6018 viewsFrimleyBlue

Wife's in bits. Father in law. Brain tumour could be last Christmas. Can't see him. Along with mother in-law

But if I sold houses I could show strangers around that house all day.

You are a !!!??!(!+!?!+!!(+!

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 22:10 - Dec 19 with 2263 viewsSpruceMoose

Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 22:05 - Dec 19 by FoD_Blue

Brilliant! another thread turning into the same old people throwing the same old insults at each other.
Please can you try to not make every single thread deteriorate into your own personal battlezone? It makes reading the forums somewhat tedious.

Sorry SpuceMoose this is not aimed at your personally, but others too.

Appreciate what you're saying. It's just hard not to say 'I told you so' when the penny finally drops for someone who has spent the last year defending some pretty horrendous behaviours. Especially as the penny only dropped because of something that impacted him for once.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 22:15 - Dec 19 with 2233 viewsMelford

Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 21:40 - Dec 19 by BlueBadger

Disgraceful abusive piling on here.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 22:20 - Dec 19 with 2210 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 22:06 - Dec 19 by BlueBadger

Only one person in this thread throwing abusive posts about...

To be fair, I can't think of any worse insult than "Tory-boy" directed at someone who openly supports the Conservatives and forthrightly attempts to defend virtually everything they do.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 22:25 - Dec 19 with 2204 viewsjeera

My gripe with this atm, is not only our sh1tshow of a government, who have given a whole new level of meaning to incompetence, but that we all are subject to the same punishment regardless of how we have behaved as individuals all year.

So many people have tried so hard and done all they can to do the right thing by themselves and others, whilst across the land other feckers have done as they please, moaning the whole time about their liberty. And here we are.

Now we pay en masse again, because it seems it doesn't matter how many times warnings get repeated, some will not give a stuff about anyone but themselves.

And they will also be complaining this Xmas that they cannot do as they please, with no sense of awareness whatsoever, of the part they have played that helped bring us to this point.

I hope your missus gets to see her dad soon, and as safely as possible.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2020 22:26]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 22:29 - Dec 19 with 2170 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 22:25 - Dec 19 by jeera

My gripe with this atm, is not only our sh1tshow of a government, who have given a whole new level of meaning to incompetence, but that we all are subject to the same punishment regardless of how we have behaved as individuals all year.

So many people have tried so hard and done all they can to do the right thing by themselves and others, whilst across the land other feckers have done as they please, moaning the whole time about their liberty. And here we are.

Now we pay en masse again, because it seems it doesn't matter how many times warnings get repeated, some will not give a stuff about anyone but themselves.

And they will also be complaining this Xmas that they cannot do as they please, with no sense of awareness whatsoever, of the part they have played that helped bring us to this point.

I agree. That supermarket advert saying Santa hasn't got a naughty list is disgraceful.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 22:35 - Dec 19 with 2154 viewsmrshallisfit

Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 21:38 - Dec 19 by eireblue

Tut, tut Paz Man, why such foul language for your Prime Minister. As a bastion for decency in language, what has irked you so much?

He has stop HIM doing what HE wants to do. The aspiration of self-centreness has been checked by the party of self-centred aspiration.
Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 22:38 - Dec 19 with 2144 viewsDebsyAngel

Absolutely hit the nail on the head. I have been one of the sensible ones - but it's like a whole class getting detention for one bad pupil's behaviour. I hated having to go to 2 medical appointments in 2 days a couple of weeks ago, but had to go, or was told I would be just be referred back to my GP.
Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 22:38 - Dec 19 with 2146 viewsstantheman

Absolutely brilliant post. Most people I know have been extremely careful ever since the first appearance of this in March. I have never gone or done anything that would cause me or my wife (who was in the shielding process) getting the virus and hey presto I havn't caught it. I must mention that I was furloughed right up to my retirement so have been in a better situation than most to keep us safe, but I know and have seen others who don't seem to have any awareness whatsoever and they are the ones who help to spread it about. Teachers have been put into an almost impossible situation to be clear but some don't seem to care whether they catch it or indeed spread it.
Login to get fewer ads

Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 22:49 - Dec 19 with 2122 viewseireblue

Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 21:47 - Dec 19 by 26_Paz

My god you’re boring

Sweet Jehovah, the man has gone all blasphemous as well!
Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 22:53 - Dec 19 with 2114 viewsStokieBlue

Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 21:51 - Dec 19 by Stenvict

This is what I don't understand with people. You're now not seeing your family because of the rules, rather than because you may spread the virus to them. If you were worries about spreading it before, you wouldn't have been seeing your family. If you're not worried about spreading it, just see your family.

The situation has changed though, did you miss the entire part about the mutations which make transmission much more likely and thus more cases which would overwhelm the NHS?

Any sensible person modifies their views when more information is made available if it's required.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 22:57 - Dec 19 with 2102 viewsBlueBadger

Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 22:49 - Dec 19 by eireblue

Does he not know that this is a Christian country? He wouldn't dare say 'my Allah...' would he?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 23:03 - Dec 19 with 2071 viewsRyorry

Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 22:49 - Dec 19 by eireblue

🤣
He sure doesn't like it when people see through him.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 23:41 - Dec 19 with 2033 viewsitfcpaul

Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 20:42 - Dec 19 by Blue12345

Just go see him if you all decide that is right. These rules are meant for the average person however there are occasions when it’s morally not the right thing to do.

All the best abs thoughts are with you

Don't be stupid

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 00:40 - Dec 20 with 1971 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Your Mother-in-Law is your Father-in-Law's day-to-day carer, I presume, and is entitled to some respite relief. So your wife is going to go and care for him on Christmas Day, to give her mum a day off. And you should drive as she feels she will be too emotionally drained to drive safely.

Boris Johnson, who has been adequately described elsewhere on the thread, specifically said today that the restrictions don't include those going to care for people in need.
Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 02:02 - Dec 20 with 1934 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Firstly... very sorry to hear that FM. Sounds awful for you and your missus.

Secondly.. go. Don’t stay at home and live with regret. The virus is no more dangerous to your situation than it was 24 hours ago. You should go. Wear your mask, isolate beforehand if you can for as long as possible and then have a cracking Christmas.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 09:26 - Dec 20 with 1821 viewsGuthrum

The thing is, we're not dealing with something which has any concept of good behaviour or punishment (I mean the virus, not Johnson). However careful you may be, the slightest innocent mistake can lead to infection. Picking up a tin off the supermarket shelf which has been handled by someone who may not know they have Covid. Taking a parcel from the Amazon delivery driver.*

The idiots who haven't been following the rules are not solely responsible for this spike. Much of the transmission will occur just from people going about their daily lives. Plus the chance appearance of a more highly infectious variant of the virus itself. No more dangerous than before, but much easier to catch.

The biggest issue has been the Government not fully preparing the populace for what might happen, how bad things could get and how quickly. Letting the impact of the message become drowned in waffle and hedging against back-bench rebellion. For allowing the message to be undermined by that loon's jaunt to County Durham. For holding out the offer of Christmas gatherings when they knew it was a bad idea which might have to be scrapped.

Now they have vaccination in the pipeline, they ought to have formally postponed the whole shebang (bank holidays and all) until some time in the spring or summer. I know people hate wartime analogies, but Christmas was curtailed then, too.

* Edit: Altho either of those possibilities is very small, I should mention.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 10:27]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 09:47 - Dec 20 with 1770 viewsMonkeyAlan

I don't know you. And the rules are the rules. But in your case, as long as you are all well, I'd go see him. This is a total different situation. Go have a good Xmas. Stuff the regulations in this case.
Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 10:02 - Dec 20 with 1744 viewsHighgateBlue

I am sorry for your situation. I'm in a similar one. This legislation was brought in with hours' notice, so we couldn't even see elderly unwell relatives yesterday, outside, before it came in.

The new law came in at 7am (not midnight as lying Boris claimed would be the case) and is here:
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/1611/pdfs/uksi_20201611_en.pdf

My only thoughts are these:
1) if your father in law is a "vulnerable person" you can buy him food under para. 2(2)(a)(ii) of sched 3A (and presumably deliver it to him and see him on the doorstep in order to do so, but that bit oddly isn't spelt out...); or
2) if he is "dying", and I'm sorry to be so morbid, you can visit him under para 2(9) of sched 3A.

All the best.
Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 10:17 - Dec 20 with 1708 viewspointofblue

Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 22:53 - Dec 19 by StokieBlue

The situation has changed though, did you miss the entire part about the mutations which make transmission much more likely and thus more cases which would overwhelm the NHS?

Any sensible person modifies their views when more information is made available if it's required.

SB

Though, as pointed out by Robert Peston yesterday, Kent’s figures were staying resiliently high even during the November lockdown. Peston asked Johnson why restrictions didn’t remain in place there when lifted everywhere else - Johnson ignored the question completely; sadly so did Whitty and Vallance though I’m sure both were thinking “told you so”.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 10:58 - Dec 20 with 1648 viewsPinewoodblue

Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 10:17 - Dec 20 by pointofblue

Though, as pointed out by Robert Peston yesterday, Kent’s figures were staying resiliently high even during the November lockdown. Peston asked Johnson why restrictions didn’t remain in place there when lifted everywhere else - Johnson ignored the question completely; sadly so did Whitty and Vallance though I’m sure both were thinking “told you so”.

Whittiy seems to be getting annoyed with Boris. At one point a question was directed to him and Boris gave a layman’s answer before passing onto Whitty who began by saying I will answer the question which was directed to me.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 11:02 - Dec 20 with 1642 viewspointofblue

Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 10:58 - Dec 20 by Pinewoodblue

Whittiy seems to be getting annoyed with Boris. At one point a question was directed to him and Boris gave a layman’s answer before passing onto Whitty who began by saying I will answer the question which was directed to me.

No, to be fair with that one, there was a three part question - one directed at Johnson, one at Whitty and one which, in the end, was answered by Vallance. Johnson answered/waffled words for the part directed at him then passed on to Whitty.

Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 11:02 - Dec 20 with 1641 viewsStokieBlue

Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 10:17 - Dec 20 by pointofblue

That's a different point though, a valid one.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 11:06 - Dec 20 with 1630 viewspointofblue

Boris you are a !?!!??!!!!! on 11:02 - Dec 20 by StokieBlue

That's a different point though, a valid one.

SB

I was more replying to your second paragraph about a sensible person modifying their views - then realised I’m trying to link that to Boris Johnson!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024