Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SSN 22:07 - Dec 20 with 2377 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Reporting that Scott McTominay has become the first player to score twice against Leeds since Solskjaer in 2002.

Just a minor detail missing when they fail to state they mean "Man Utd player".

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

SSN on 22:11 - Dec 20 with 2325 viewsJ2BLUE

I hate these kind of stats.

"X haven't beaten Y for 60 years" when they've been in different divisions for 55 years etc etc.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

SSN on 22:22 - Dec 20 with 2252 viewsclive_baker

SSN on 22:11 - Dec 20 by J2BLUE

"X haven't beaten Y for 60 years" when they've been in different divisions for 55 years etc etc.

The commentators this weekend were getting so excited about Everton having a previously poor PL record vs Arsenal that they were defying yesterday. Like there’s any significance of 20-30 year old matches between the teams.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

SSN on 22:26 - Dec 20 with 2215 viewsJ2BLUE

SSN on 22:22 - Dec 20 by clive_baker

The commentators this weekend were getting so excited about Everton having a previously poor PL record vs Arsenal that they were defying yesterday. Like there’s any significance of 20-30 year old matches between the teams.

It always amuses me to see things like that in betting previews.

So many stats are meaningless. My mate bet on Cagliari earlier because Udinese have lost 33/35 times when conceding first (or similar stat). They came back to draw 1-1...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

SSN on 22:36 - Dec 20 with 2178 viewsStNeotsBlue

Scott McTominay was the first player to score twice in the first three minutes of a game in the Premier league era. Boring but true.
SSN on 22:44 - Dec 20 with 2129 viewsNthsuffolkblue

SSN on 22:11 - Dec 20 by J2BLUE

It was also the mis-stating of it to make it sound like no other team had been able to against Leeds since Man Utd last did. That would have been a notable stat but clearly it wasn't true.

SSN on 09:56 - Dec 21 with 1618 viewsTieDyedIn95

Fun fact, Billy Clark has as many career promotions (1) to the Premier League (Blackpool) under his belt as our entire current squad (Ward - 1).

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

SSN on 10:05 - Dec 21 with 1587 viewsRadlett_blue

The Sky commentator also burbled "and Leeds have a BIG GAME next week against...Burnley".
Any reason why this fixture is anything other than run of the mill?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

SSN on 10:16 - Dec 21 with 1550 viewsclive_baker

SSN on 09:56 - Dec 21 by TieDyedIn95

Fun fact, Billy Clark has as many career promotions (1) to the Premier League (Blackpool) under his belt as our entire current squad (Ward - 1).

He was a lovely footballer. I'm not suggesting he was destined to tear up the Premier League (although it's possible), but he got a very serious injury in pre season that meant he never got the opportunity at that level, he missed all of Blackpool's premier league season. He was such a good player when he was younger though, I was shocked when Roy Keane released him.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Billy Clarke on 10:25 - Dec 21 with 1526 viewsRadlett_blue

SSN on 10:16 - Dec 21 by clive_baker

He was a lovely footballer. I'm not suggesting he was destined to tear up the Premier League (although it's possible), but he got a very serious injury in pre season that meant he never got the opportunity at that level, he missed all of Blackpool's premier league season. He was such a good player when he was younger though, I was shocked when Roy Keane released him.

I remember his Town career starting with a couple of goals as a teenager & thought there might be a real player in there. Not sure why his Town career stalled. Blackpool seemed a good move for him but he got a bad injury in his first season & he spent the rest of his career in the once derided "lower leagues". Currently at Bradford City so maybe we'll come up against him next season....

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

SSN on 11:17 - Dec 21 with 1460 viewsWallingford_Boy

SSN on 22:36 - Dec 20 by StNeotsBlue

Scott McTominay was the first player to score twice in the first three minutes of a game in the Premier league era. Boring but true.

How many have done so in the first 4 minutes?

RIP Sir Bobby

SSN on 19:03 - Dec 21 with 1248 viewsTieDyedIn95

SSN on 10:16 - Dec 21 by clive_baker

I am not disputing that, just to compare our current mob with some of our previous products who were deemed not good enough here and went on to achieve something more than a number of players we've continued to keep on the books for years. Owen Garven is another that springs to mind who was unlucky with injury in the top flight, but still managed a promotion.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

SSN on 21:33 - Dec 21 with 1076 viewsNthsuffolkblue

SSN on 11:17 - Dec 21 by Wallingford_Boy

How many have done so in the first 4 minutes?

Or indeed in the first 3 minutes in the top flight?

SSN on 04:37 - Dec 22 with 930 viewsKievthegreat

SSN on 10:05 - Dec 21 by Radlett_blue

The Sky commentator also burbled "and Leeds have a BIG GAME next week against...Burnley".
Any reason why this fixture is anything other than run of the mill?

Reminds me of the old Mitchell and Webb sketch. Everything has to be important, vital dramatic, massive, etc... Even Ipswich vs Charlton!

[Post edited 22 Dec 2020 4:38]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024