Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Following on from the Paul McCartney and Beatles threads on Friday..... 10:39 - Dec 21 with 1044 viewsitfcjoe

.....how stunning does this look?!

Enjoy

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Following on from the Paul McCartney and Beatles threads on Friday..... (n/t) on 11:03 - Dec 21 with 964 viewsPJH

Wonderful,thanks for posting Joe.

edit-or maybe I should say Jojo
[Post edited 21 Dec 2020 11:08]
Following on from the Paul McCartney and Beatles threads on Friday..... on 11:28 - Dec 21 with 937 viewsericclacton

Ay oop Wonderful.
Following on from the Paul McCartney and Beatles threads on Friday..... on 11:40 - Dec 21 with 912 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks great. I have a grainy old bootleg of Let it Be on VHS. It's a joyless miserable watch of a band breaking up.

This Peter Jackson version looks far happier.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Following on from the Paul McCartney and Beatles threads on Friday..... on 11:51 - Dec 21 with 897 viewsitfcjoe

Following on from the Paul McCartney and Beatles threads on Friday..... on 11:40 - Dec 21 by GlasgowBlue

Looks great. I have a grainy old bootleg of Let it Be on VHS. It's a joyless miserable watch of a band breaking up.

Incredible to think this is just a bunch of mates in their late-twenties p155ing around in a studio - and that it's so exciting to see!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Following on from the Paul McCartney and Beatles threads on Friday..... on 12:18 - Dec 21 with 874 viewsAce_High1

Following on from the Paul McCartney and Beatles threads on Friday..... on 11:51 - Dec 21 by itfcjoe

Incredible to think this is just a bunch of mates in their late-twenties p155ing around in a studio - and that it's so exciting to see!

Did you see the interview the other night with Idris?
Following on from the Paul McCartney and Beatles threads on Friday..... on 13:09 - Dec 21 with 845 viewsRadlett_blue

Following on from the Paul McCartney and Beatles threads on Friday..... on 12:18 - Dec 21 by Ace_High1

Did you see the interview the other night with Idris?

Yes. Macca had a lot of interesting stuff to say, but wasn't helped by a mind numbingly incompetent interviewer.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Following on from the Paul McCartney and Beatles threads on Friday..... on 13:37 - Dec 21 with 830 viewsPlums

Brilliant, thanks for posting. That looks a great watch!

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Following on from the Paul McCartney and Beatles threads on Friday..... on 13:41 - Dec 21 with 825 viewsPJH

Following on from the Paul McCartney and Beatles threads on Friday..... on 11:40 - Dec 21 by GlasgowBlue

Yes, that struck me because the belief is/was that they were more or less at each other's throats at the time but that clip goes against that.

I suppose the truth is that they were somewhere in between, as a band they were starting to crack but as mates they were still mates.

They could still make great music too.
Login to get fewer ads

Following on from the Paul McCartney and Beatles threads on Friday..... on 14:21 - Dec 21 with 807 viewsGuthrum

Following on from the Paul McCartney and Beatles threads on Friday..... on 13:41 - Dec 21 by PJH

Yes, that struck me because the belief is/was that they were more or less at each other's throats at the time but that clip goes against that.

I suppose the truth is that they were somewhere in between, as a band they were starting to crack but as mates they were still mates.

They could still make great music too.

As illustrated by the fact they played on, wrote/composed or produced each other's music after the Beatles broke up. Also the incident in 1974 when Lennon and McCartney bumped into each other in LA, resulting in a bootleg (of stellar talent, but dubious quality): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Toot_and_a_Snore_in_%2774

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Following on from the Paul McCartney and Beatles threads on Friday..... on 15:01 - Dec 21 with 789 viewsSouthBucksBlue

Fantastic! Certainly put a smile on my face. Thanks for posting.
Following on from the Paul McCartney and Beatles threads on Friday..... on 17:16 - Dec 21 with 744 viewsMelford

I wonder if it shows the row after Yoko ate George's chocolate biscuits

"...I noticed that something down in the studio had caught George Harrison’s attention. After a moment or two he began staring bug-eyed out the control room window… Yoko had gotten out of bed and was slowly padding across the studio floor, finally coming to a stop at Harrison’s Leslie cabinet, which had a packet of McVitie’s Digestive Biscuits on top. Idly, she began opening the packet and delicately removed a single biscuit. Just as the morsel reached her mouth, Harrison could contain himself no longer. ‘THAT B**H!’ Everyone looked aghast, but we all knew exactly who he was talking about. ‘She’s just taken one of my biscuits!’ Harrison explained. He wasn’t the least bit sheepish, either. As far as he was concerned, those biscuits were his property and no one was allowed to go near them. Lennon began shouting back at him, but there was little he could say to defend his wife (who was happily munching away in the studio), because he shared exactly the same attitude towards food."

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024