Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Patrick basically saying yes we need national lockdown 17:27 - Dec 21 with 1407 viewsFrimleyBlue

Poor bloke having to be lead by boris

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Patrick basically saying yes we need national lockdown on 17:29 - Dec 21 with 1406 viewspointofblue

Reporter: Stop over-promising and under delivering.
Boris: We’ll be in much better position by Easter.

It’d be hilarious if this wasn’t so serious.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Patrick basically saying yes we need national lockdown on 17:34 - Dec 21 with 1357 viewsChurchman

Patrick basically saying yes we need national lockdown on 17:29 - Dec 21 by pointofblue

He didn’t say which Easter, to be fair
Patrick basically saying yes we need national lockdown on 17:39 - Dec 21 with 1337 viewsPinewoodblue

The most obvious restriction would be to impose a limit as to how far you can travel from your home ( main residence) should have been done already.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Patrick basically saying yes we need national lockdown on 17:42 - Dec 21 with 1315 viewspointofblue

Patrick basically saying yes we need national lockdown on 17:39 - Dec 21 by Pinewoodblue

The most obvious restriction would be to impose a limit as to how far you can travel from your home ( main residence) should have been done already.

They must surely be preparing for a national lockdown after Christmas; I’m not sure why they’re against saying it? Probably because of the backbenchers who all have supposedly much better ideas on how to handle this.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Patrick basically saying yes we need national lockdown on 17:42 - Dec 21 with 1310 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Patrick basically saying yes we need national lockdown on 17:29 - Dec 21 by pointofblue

*cancels plans for Easter*

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Patrick basically saying yes we need national lockdown on 19:47 - Dec 21 with 1153 viewsbluebudgie

Patrick basically saying yes we need national lockdown on 17:42 - Dec 21 by pointofblue

They must surely be preparing for a national lockdown after Christmas; I’m not sure why they’re against saying it? Probably because of the backbenchers who all have supposedly much better ideas on how to handle this.

Why another national lockdown?,,its not as if the others have worked !
Patrick basically saying yes we need national lockdown on 19:49 - Dec 21 with 1144 viewsm14_blue

Patrick basically saying yes we need national lockdown on 19:47 - Dec 21 by bluebudgie

Why another national lockdown?,,its not as if the others have worked !

Define what you mean by ‘worked’.

They were never designed to eradicate the virus, they were meant to slow the spread of the virus.

How many cases/deaths do you think we would have had without the lockdowns?
Patrick basically saying yes we need national lockdown on 23:36 - Dec 21 with 982 viewsStokieBlue

Seems the calls for a national lockdown are growing:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/21/calls-for-national-lockdown-in-

He won't change it before Christmas so I expect a press conference on the 26th/27th and a national lockdown to be announced. Hard to see how anything else can happen if they want any hope at all of containing the strain (and even a national lockdown in the previous forms won't be enough).

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Patrick basically saying yes we need national lockdown on 23:43 - Dec 21 with 968 viewsvapour_trail

Patrick basically saying yes we need national lockdown on 23:36 - Dec 21 by StokieBlue

Seems the calls for a national lockdown are growing:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/21/calls-for-national-lockdown-in-

He won't change it before Christmas so I expect a press conference on the 26th/27th and a national lockdown to be announced. Hard to see how anything else can happen if they want any hope at all of containing the strain (and even a national lockdown in the previous forms won't be enough).

SB

What’s your thinking on schools?

I’m anticipating my boy in primary going back, perhaps a week late.

My daughter in secondary going on line, with years 11 and 13 in the classroom. My daughter learning online until Easter minimum.

If it’s worse than that, I’m in bits.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Patrick basically saying yes we need national lockdown on 23:51 - Dec 21 with 949 viewsStokieBlue

Patrick basically saying yes we need national lockdown on 23:43 - Dec 21 by vapour_trail

What’s your thinking on schools?

I’m anticipating my boy in primary going back, perhaps a week late.

My daughter in secondary going on line, with years 11 and 13 in the classroom. My daughter learning online until Easter minimum.

If it’s worse than that, I’m in bits.

I think that's probably all reasonable as a baseline.

However there are unconfirmed theories that the new virus spreads easier via children, possibly because the increased infectiousness is due to the virus being able to create a large load of itself within the host and thus probably enough to make children far more contagious.

If that turns out to be true then I expect you'll see all schools including primaries closed for a month or two.

Not ideal I know but at least the above is all only supposition.

SB
[Post edited 21 Dec 2020 23:51]

Patrick basically saying yes we need national lockdown on 23:55 - Dec 21 with 933 viewsvapour_trail

Patrick basically saying yes we need national lockdown on 23:51 - Dec 21 by StokieBlue

I think that's probably all reasonable as a baseline.

However there are unconfirmed theories that the new virus spreads easier via children, possibly because the increased infectiousness is due to the virus being able to create a large load of itself within the host and thus probably enough to make children far more contagious.

If that turns out to be true then I expect you'll see all schools including primaries closed for a month or two.

Not ideal I know but at least the above is all only supposition.

SB
[Post edited 21 Dec 2020 23:51]

FFS.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Patrick basically saying yes we need national lockdown on 23:59 - Dec 21 with 908 viewsStokieBlue

Patrick basically saying yes we need national lockdown on 23:55 - Dec 21 by vapour_trail

FFS.

Don't worry yet:

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-variant-children/uk-coronav

There is a hint in the data but more research is needed.

SB

Patrick basically saying yes we need national lockdown on 00:09 - Dec 22 with 888 viewsJ2BLUE

He's almost certainly right though.

The numbers are going to be pretty bad for the next couple of months. That's already factored in. By Easter we'll have plenty vaccinated and the weather will be beginning to turn.

I very much doubt like will be back to 'normal' but it should be quite a bit better.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Patrick basically saying yes we need national lockdown on 02:45 - Dec 22 with 831 viewsbluebudgie

Patrick basically saying yes we need national lockdown on 19:49 - Dec 21 by m14_blue

Define what you mean by ‘worked’.

They were never designed to eradicate the virus, they were meant to slow the spread of the virus.

How many cases/deaths do you think we would have had without the lockdowns?

What I mean by worked is that if they had of worked there would be no need for lock down after lockdown. The case could also be used against masks ,if they worked why is there so many getting covid?
Patrick basically saying yes we need national lockdown on 04:28 - Dec 22 with 787 viewsCoastalblue

Patrick basically saying yes we need national lockdown on 02:45 - Dec 22 by bluebudgie

What I mean by worked is that if they had of worked there would be no need for lock down after lockdown. The case could also be used against masks ,if they worked why is there so many getting covid?

But that's precisely the point of masks and lockdowns, to slow the spread and allow some semblance of life and productivity to continue. Masks and lockdowns aren't a cure, they're just a treatment to stop it getting so bad we can no longer cope as a country.

If we didn't have working vaccines, and hopefully we do, we'd be looking at masks and periodic lockdowns as on ongoing thing, potentially for years.

One person refusing to wear a mask could infect dozens of others, just because you have a mask on doesn't make you immune to the virus on surfaces where that selfish git sneezed, one inadvertant touch of your face or rub of your eyes could see you infected mask or no mask.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024