Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier 21:47 - Dec 21 with 3526 viewsElderGrizzly

Yes. I’m shocked too

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 21:55 - Dec 21 with 2507 viewsm14_blue

Well, call me Susan and colour me surprised.
Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 21:56 - Dec 21 with 2501 viewsFixed_It

No I'm not accepting that. He wouldn't tell lies...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 22:03 - Dec 21 with 2462 viewsChurchman

It’s easy to make up a figure with a smile on your face as the chuckle brothers did and deny there’s a problem, not least because when it’s proven to be nonsense they can say ‘ah, well it was true at the time’. In any case, after claiming 100,000 tests a day by the end of April, when 40% of those were just bunged out in the post means that blurting out another whopper over a few lorries shouldn’t enrage the plebs too much.,
[Post edited 21 Dec 2020 22:37]
Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 22:27 - Dec 21 with 2358 viewsPinewoodblue

Hopefully both parties involved in the trade negotiations will learn how damaging no deal will be for all concerned.

Toyota have already announced they are stopping the production lines in the UK due to the logistical problems this has caused. Worth noting that it works both ways as .Toyota production in France is also being stopped for the same reason.

Blockages in supply chains cause havoc for manufacturers.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 22:32 - Dec 21 with 2328 viewsBlueBadger

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 22:27 - Dec 21 by Pinewoodblue

Hopefully both parties involved in the trade negotiations will learn how damaging no deal will be for all concerned.

Toyota have already announced they are stopping the production lines in the UK due to the logistical problems this has caused. Worth noting that it works both ways as .Toyota production in France is also being stopped for the same reason.

Blockages in supply chains cause havoc for manufacturers.

Thing is, is it'll be considerably less damaging for EU countries than it will us.
The EU have been looking after the interests of their members, the government have been looking after the interests of a few very rich people.
This has been the case all along.

'Fine people on both sides'.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2020 22:41]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 22:32 - Dec 21 with 2319 viewsElderGrizzly

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 21:56 - Dec 21 by Fixed_It

No I'm not accepting that. He wouldn't tell lies...

Now up to 1000 and the motorway is shut

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 22:37 - Dec 21 with 2293 viewsHerbivore

The problem is that there's no consequences for him lying. Lying has worked pretty well for Boris Johnson throughout his life. So does it really matter that he's lied about this? Nobody is even surprised, it's just normal now for our leaders to not just be economical with the truth but to knowingly spout outright demonstrable lies. And it doesn't matter, nothing will happen because of it. How utterly depressing.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 22:37 - Dec 21 with 2290 viewsStokieBlue

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 22:32 - Dec 21 by ElderGrizzly

Clearly a lie from Boris but hard to see how this is the governments fault?

They were right to tell the WHO about the new strain and the French were right to close the borders.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 22:43 - Dec 21 with 2268 viewsvapour_trail

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 22:32 - Dec 21 by ElderGrizzly

Odd isn’t it. I’ve been working in the office on the top floor of my gaff today which affords views of, amongst other highlights, a section of the m20 near the euro tunnel entrance.

There are a lot of lorries stacked up and that’s about ten miles outside Dover. They’ve apparently been queued past ashford at points.

Operation Brock as well as Stack now deployed.

The management of it seems pretty good, the brexit prep has helped them out here, just strange they choose to lie about the detail.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 22:46 - Dec 21 with 2259 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I was curious about his statistics that seemed to suggest that 80% of freight is not handled by humans and will still get through without any problems. Aside from the implication all freight can easily be re-routed via Holland. I had heard that Felixstowe already has backlogs and is unable to cope with current volumes.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 22:46 - Dec 21 with 2243 viewsChurchman

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 22:37 - Dec 21 by StokieBlue

They were right to tell the WHO about the new strain and the French were right to close the borders.

SB

Then why lie? Or are they so used to telling porkies the can’t get out of the habit?

The problem with telling lies all the time is that it calls into question everything they say, including the true stuff. It’s little wonder people do their own thing whether meeting up against the ‘rules’ or panic buying. Who are people to believe? It’s about credibility and these clowns have lost every last shred of that.
Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 22:48 - Dec 21 with 2226 viewsStokieBlue

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 22:46 - Dec 21 by Churchman

Then why lie? Or are they so used to telling porkies the can’t get out of the habit?

The problem with telling lies all the time is that it calls into question everything they say, including the true stuff. It’s little wonder people do their own thing whether meeting up against the ‘rules’ or panic buying. Who are people to believe? It’s about credibility and these clowns have lost every last shred of that.

No idea, I've said it was a lie and not defended it.

The situation isn't their fault though. They did the right thing and this was the inevitable consequence.

I tend to disagree with your last sentence, people are responsible for their actions in those cases - the evidence is clear, they can believe the scientists rather than the government.

SB
[Post edited 21 Dec 2020 22:49]

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 22:50 - Dec 21 with 2225 viewsElderGrizzly

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 22:37 - Dec 21 by StokieBlue

SB

How is it the Governments fault?

They lied on TV to give the impression they had it under control
Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 22:54 - Dec 21 with 2194 viewsStokieBlue

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 22:50 - Dec 21 by ElderGrizzly

How is it the Governments fault?

They lied on TV to give the impression they had it under control

Indeed and I've agreed they did that.

The situation is what I am talking about - they did the right thing which was contact the WHO and the French did the right thing which is close the border.

The situation in Kent isn't really their fault. Lying about it is weird because for once they did the right thing.

SB

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 22:55 - Dec 21 with 2177 viewsfooters

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 22:54 - Dec 21 by StokieBlue

The situation is what I am talking about - they did the right thing which was contact the WHO and the French did the right thing which is close the border.

The situation in Kent isn't really their fault. Lying about it is weird because for once they did the right thing.

SB

This is from a man who told the entire nation he made Routemaster models out of wine crates.

You voted for this, people. Enjoy.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 22:56 - Dec 21 with 2159 viewsSpruceMoose

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 22:55 - Dec 21 by footers

This is from a man who told the entire nation he made Routemaster models out of wine crates.

You voted for this, people. Enjoy.

Christ I'd forgotten that.

And some people still think it would be fun to have a pint with the freak.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 22:57 - Dec 21 with 2147 viewsvapour_trail

SB

The maxed up brexit enhanced situation in Kent in a couple of weeks will absolutely be their fault though, when nurses can’t travel to hospitals, teachers can’t travel to schools etc. etc. etc.

C💫nts.

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 23:02 - Dec 21 with 2119 viewsfooters

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 22:56 - Dec 21 by SpruceMoose

Christ I'd forgotten that.

And some people still think it would be fun to have a pint with the freak.

It's strange how someone can outright lie, while sounding like they're completely lying, and people still believe them. It's incredible.

It's no wonder I drink.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 23:02 - Dec 21 with 2111 viewsElderGrizzly

SB

With the underlying situation on the mutation of Covid, they have known the detail for 2 weeks.

They have for whatever reason delayed for 2 weeks. WHO confirmed this earlier.
Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 23:03 - Dec 21 with 2099 viewsChurchman

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 22:48 - Dec 21 by StokieBlue

No idea, I've said it was a lie and not defended it.

The situation isn't their fault though. They did the right thing and this was the inevitable consequence.

I tend to disagree with your last sentence, people are responsible for their actions in those cases - the evidence is clear, they can believe the scientists rather than the government.

SB
[Post edited 21 Dec 2020 22:49]

Oh I know you weren’t defending it. Poor post on my part.

I actually agree totally with you about people taking personal responsibility. Some, not all, have shown incredible selfishness and stupidity. I know the choices are hard and sadly that’s why I won’t be seeing my elderly dad for the foreseeable.

But I think govt messaging is critical and where I am coming from is that they are not helping themselves with pointless lies like today
Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 23:05 - Dec 21 with 2086 viewsStokieBlue

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 23:02 - Dec 21 by ElderGrizzly

With the underlying situation on the mutation of Covid, they have known the detail for 2 weeks.

I'm not defending the government.

All I am saying is that Kent was always going to be clogged when they announced the new strain and the French closed the border.

There was no other possible outcome.

SB

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 23:05 - Dec 21 with 2083 viewsStokieBlue

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 23:03 - Dec 21 by Churchman

Oh I know you weren’t defending it. Poor post on my part.

I actually agree totally with you about people taking personal responsibility. Some, not all, have shown incredible selfishness and stupidity. I know the choices are hard and sadly that’s why I won’t be seeing my elderly dad for the foreseeable.

But I think govt messaging is critical and where I am coming from is that they are not helping themselves with pointless lies like today

Totally agree.

The messaging has been shambolic since the start and if we are honest far before that as well.

SB

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 23:05 - Dec 21 with 2075 viewsvapour_trail

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 23:02 - Dec 21 by ElderGrizzly

This two weeks thing, is there a link to that?

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 23:11 - Dec 21 with 2051 viewsElderGrizzly

Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 23:05 - Dec 21 by vapour_trail

This two weeks thing, is there a link to that?

Plenty. This is the main one doing the rounds.

You have to know a bit about the Government machine on this and what they see, but this data has been in their meetings for 2 weeks.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/12/mutant-coronavirus-united-kingdom-sets-a
Johnson and Shapps were lying earlier on 23:13 - Dec 21 with 2031 viewspointofblue

SB

Because they want to sell the image of the M20 being under control - not that it’s a complete mess despite supposed plans being put in place for a No Deal Brexit which they can put in action now.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024