Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"The Ipswich Way" 12:09 - Dec 22 with 2498 viewsitfcjoe

I urge anyone feeling down about ITFC as a whole to give the article on the homepage a read where Dyer talks about Terry Butcher.

Two players that rose to the very top of the game, representing their country numerous times and playing at the highest level, who are here working for buggar all money hel;ping the next generation of Ipswich Town players, and doing a fine job at it too.

The U18s and U23s have been a rare highlight this season, and both are well placed in the league - from what I understand Kieron has made a big impact in raising the levels of fitness and hard work since he came in across both the underage teams.

Just read that article, and see what it should mean at the first team, to see what we should be doing - and hope that Evans does as well and promotes these guys up ahead of the fraud currently managing the 1st team

Dyer: Terry Butcher - What a Guy! 21st Dec 2020 12:58
Kieron Dyer is thoroughly enjoying working with Terry Butcher with the Blues’ U23s and says the legendary Town and England defender has the same enthusiasm for the game as Sir Bobby Robson. 34

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

"The Ipswich Way" on 12:13 - Dec 22 with 2457 viewsKeno

I would be over the moon if that appointment was made!!

from what you know how well would that go down with the first team squad

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

"The Ipswich Way" on 12:14 - Dec 22 with 2445 viewsitfcjoe

"The Ipswich Way" on 12:13 - Dec 22 by Keno

I would be over the moon if that appointment was made!!

from what you know how well would that go down with the first team squad

Don't know to be honest, I think it would lift the mood but not sure how sustainable that would be - guess would be judged by results.

Any manager hleping the players get their win bonuses and looking up the table will usually be popular

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

"The Ipswich Way" on 12:15 - Dec 22 with 2439 viewstractorboy1978

Absolutely 100% agree - it's a great read. It is fantastic we have two guys that have played at the very top, with ITFC in their blood, that 'get' the club and its traditions coaching our youngsters.
"The Ipswich Way" on 12:15 - Dec 22 with 2437 viewsfooters

Yeah, that was a great read and showed that we are doing a bloody good job with the youngsters. It's just a shame the same can't be said for the shambles of a first team.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

"The Ipswich Way" on 12:22 - Dec 22 with 2384 viewsMrTown

I think that is something every fan would get behind.

Would love to see a Dyer/Butcher combination in the dugout.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

"The Ipswich Way" on 12:48 - Dec 22 with 2332 viewsDinnernotTea

We have two blokes not only both come through the youth system here but have more than 100 combined England caps. That's a scary amount of experience and contacts.

Yet we plod along with a serial loser in Lambert.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

"The Ipswich Way" on 12:52 - Dec 22 with 2314 viewsMrTown

"The Ipswich Way" on 12:48 - Dec 22 by DinnernotTea

We have two blokes not only both come through the youth system here but have more than 100 combined England caps. That's a scary amount of experience and contacts.

Yet we plod along with a serial loser in Lambert.

Did they play for Dortmund though.... didn't think so.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

"The Ipswich Way" on 12:58 - Dec 22 with 2296 viewsyesjohn99

Up to reading that I thought ‘the Ipswich way’ was dead and buried and belonged to a different era and lost forever.

Nice to see KD and TB reviving it for the ones coming through.
Login to get fewer ads

"The Ipswich Way" on 13:16 - Dec 22 with 2233 viewsEireannach_gorm

I read that article and Terry does seem to have a huge love for the game. While it gladdens the heart that both are involved with the youngsters it is a completely different kettle of fish to manage the first team. There is huge pressure and every decision is analysed to the nth degree. Terry has not shone at senior level management and Kieron is only cutting his teeth. I think it would be unfair and unwise to throw them into the bear pit that is Ipswich 1st team management ( Terry and Kieron could very quickly lose their love for the game! ).
"The Ipswich Way" on 13:21 - Dec 22 with 2218 viewsStokieBlue

Since they are all already on the payroll perhaps he can swap them and make Lambert manage the U18 and U23.

He won't hang around long after that swap and thus we wouldn't have to pay his contract out.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

"The Ipswich Way" on 13:25 - Dec 22 with 2201 viewsBlueBadger

"The Ipswich Way" on 13:21 - Dec 22 by StokieBlue

Since they are all already on the payroll perhaps he can swap them and make Lambert manage the U18 and U23.

He won't hang around long after that swap and thus we wouldn't have to pay his contract out.

SB

Or he'd produce an entire generation of ITFC players schooled in the 'Lambo Way' of passing the ball around a dozen times at the back then lumping it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

"The Ipswich Way" on 13:28 - Dec 22 with 2177 viewsPinewoodblue

"The Ipswich Way" on 13:21 - Dec 22 by StokieBlue

SB

You seriously believe Lambert wouldn’t walk away from his last big payday?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

"The Ipswich Way" on 13:29 - Dec 22 with 2168 viewsfooters

"The Ipswich Way" on 13:28 - Dec 22 by Pinewoodblue

I'm not sure it was a serious suggestion.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

"The Ipswich Way" on 13:48 - Dec 22 with 2088 viewsjayessess

"The Ipswich Way" on 13:28 - Dec 22 by Pinewoodblue

It is astonishing to me that the people running our club were so confident that Lambert would last 6 years that they'll now have to pay off most of that contract.

There are currently 4 managers in the entire football league with that tenure.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

"The Ipswich Way" on 14:06 - Dec 22 with 2036 viewsIllinoisblue

"The Ipswich Way" on 13:48 - Dec 22 by jayessess

It is astonishing to me that the people running our club were so confident that Lambert would last 6 years that they'll now have to pay off most of that contract.

There are currently 4 managers in the entire football league with that tenure.

It’s been 13 years of failure under Evans. No bad decision is astonishing.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

"The Ipswich Way" on 17:20 - Dec 22 with 1864 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Hadn't read it until now but it's a lovely article amongst the gloom. I hope they both stick with it, prove to be a great management duo, and then step up to the first team.

They have that little extra thing I've spoken about before, which could give Ipswich the edge. A love for Ipswich and the Ipswich way.

It's quite a hard thing to define, but that little story about TB lugging the bags of balls, bibs, pushing the goals... is a little indication of it.

When we talk about people who 'get it', these two really do.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

"The Ipswich Way" on 17:26 - Dec 22 with 1845 viewschrismakin

I know im out of order for saying this

but it makes me feel like the youngsters enjoy going in everyday, and that's been the same of all players in the past

however, i haven't had that feeling with the squad for years. our first team has no soul

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

"The Ipswich Way" on 17:27 - Dec 22 with 1831 viewschrismakin

"The Ipswich Way" on 13:16 - Dec 22 by Eireannach_gorm

I read that article and Terry does seem to have a huge love for the game. While it gladdens the heart that both are involved with the youngsters it is a completely different kettle of fish to manage the first team. There is huge pressure and every decision is analysed to the nth degree. Terry has not shone at senior level management and Kieron is only cutting his teeth. I think it would be unfair and unwise to throw them into the bear pit that is Ipswich 1st team management ( Terry and Kieron could very quickly lose their love for the game! ).

exactly why league 1 is the best place for them to start!

it's where George started isn't it?

and with the fact we are having to utilise our youth system, we need people who will use them and guide them the right way

not pass backwards backwards backwards
[Post edited 22 Dec 2020 17:29]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

"The Ipswich Way" on 17:37 - Dec 22 with 1800 viewsmrshallisfit

"The Ipswich Way" on 14:06 - Dec 22 by Illinoisblue

It’s been 13 years of failure under Evans. No bad decision is astonishing.

I think a good decision would now be astonishing.
"The Ipswich Way" on 18:44 - Dec 22 with 1713 viewshunters_headers

Read the article in the paper, it is exactly what is needed at this club.... The Ipswich way, in time I am sure it would prove successful. Also the photo that was banded about last week of the 1981/82 squad , everything seemed to be so much more professional then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024