Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did you know? 21:47 - Dec 22 with 789 viewsSouthBucksBlue

That a new addition to the support bubble rules was introduced on December 2nd.
Of course I’m not suggesting that anyone who could benefit from the new additional rule this Xmas had any influence on its addition...

From Gov.uk:
Who can make a support bubble

Not everybody can form a support bubble. However, on 2 December the rules changed to widen eligibility for forming one.

You can form a support bubble with another household of any size if:

you live by yourself — even if carers visit you to provide support
you are the only adult in your household who does not need continuous care as a result of a disability

*your household includes a child who is under the age of one or was under that age on 2 December 2020*

your household includes a child with a disability who requires continuous care and is under the age of 5, or was under that age on 2 December 2020
you are aged 16 or 17 living with others of the same age and without any adults
you are a single adult living with one or more children who are under the age of 18 or were under that age on 12 June 2020
Did you know? on 21:54 - Dec 22 with 711 viewsJ2BLUE

Do you really think that was included for his benefit?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Did you know? on 22:15 - Dec 22 with 641 viewsSouthBucksBlue

Did you know? on 21:54 - Dec 22 by J2BLUE

Of course not.
Did you know? on 22:19 - Dec 22 with 639 viewsfactual_blue

Did you know? on 21:54 - Dec 22 by J2BLUE

It seems that our friends who I thought terrible things off on Saturday - believing they were sneaking off to London to visit one of their children - weren't.

They'd just had their other daughter on the phone, in tears as her pregnancy had got complicated, and she's developed gestational diabetes.

What they've done is sorted out a 'support bubble' with child A who has a kid under one, and they can then spend Christmas together; acceptable under the rules, although the distance between London and West Suffolk makes it ethically dubious.

Then, in the middle of next week, our friends are self-isolating to close that support bubble, so they can then form one with Child B (the pregnant one) and go to Berkshire in time for the induced birth the second week in January, to provide child care for Child B's existing son.

I think.

I've drawn several diagrams working all that out.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2020 23:56]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024