Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country 11:55 - Dec 23 with 4142 viewsGlasgowBlue

Discuss,

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 12:02 - Dec 23 with 2190 viewsBeckets

Lionel Blair would be an improvement on the current shower.
The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 12:02 - Dec 23 with 2198 viewsStokieBlue

I listened to his interview this morning and I wasn't sure if what he was saying was actually correct. I will need to look it up but essentially he wants to use all the doses we have immediately and then give a second dose when it's available in 2 months time or whatever.

That creates interesting questions though:

- Two doses are required for it to work, a single dose may work a bit but it's unlikely to be at the same efficacy.

- All the trials and regulatory sign-offs were done on the basis of two doses in fair quick succession, they haven't approved this approach.

- Does putting those most likely to spread the virus encourage/reward those who as a cohort may not have followed the rules?

SB
[Post edited 23 Dec 2020 12:29]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 12:05 - Dec 23 with 2173 viewsitfc_bucks

The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 12:02 - Dec 23 by StokieBlue

I listened to his interview this morning and I wasn't sure if what he was saying was actually correct. I will need to look it up but essentially he wants to use all the doses we have immediately and then give a second dose when it's available in 2 months time or whatever.

- Two doses are required for it to work, a single dose may work a bit but it's unlikely to be at the same efficacy.

- All the trials and regulatory sign-offs were done on the basis of two doses in fair quick succession, they haven't approved this approach.

- Does putting those most likely to spread the virus encourage/reward those who as a cohort may not have followed the rules?

SB

I read, possibly on the BBC, that the one shot gives 90/91% coverage and the second shot raises that by 4%.

You can understand his argument here.
The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 12:07 - Dec 23 with 2153 viewsDarth_Koont

Possibly the worst sentence ever written on here. But a great example of how far we’ve fallen, politically and democratically.

Pronouns: He/Him

The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 12:13 - Dec 23 with 2122 viewsStokieBlue

The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 12:05 - Dec 23 by itfc_bucks

I read, possibly on the BBC, that the one shot gives 90/91% coverage and the second shot raises that by 4%.

You can understand his argument here.

Do you have a link?

I believe Modena did some work showing 80% effectiveness could be possible after a single dose. Pfizer seem to think 50% after one dose:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/fda-pfizer-s-covid-19-vaccine-safe-ef

If Pfizer/Astrozeneca is proven to be effective at a decent level with one dose then it could be a very good way forward although I've seen some people saying that it'll be harder to get people to turn up for a second dose at an unknown point in the future (I am not sure if that argument is really sound though).

SB

The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 12:16 - Dec 23 with 2099 viewsLankHenners

Tony Blair using his increasingly regular 'rare foray into politics' to lecture on evidence-based decision making is it?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 12:17 - Dec 23 with 2080 viewsDarth_Koont

The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 12:02 - Dec 23 by StokieBlue

SB

I don’t think the numbers add up. In the most critical groups even 4% more effective translates into saving a great many lives and avoiding health complications. Not so much if that is extended to less at-risk groups.

Pronouns: He/Him

The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 12:18 - Dec 23 with 2070 viewsAce_High1

Clear, coherent, decisive......... oh what we are missing.

Again forget Red V Blue, and which "team" you are, we need decisive leadership, not waffle and fluster.

ACTION!
Login to get fewer ads

The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 12:20 - Dec 23 with 2051 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 12:13 - Dec 23 by StokieBlue

Do you have a link?

I believe Modena did some work showing 80% effectiveness could be possible after a single dose. Pfizer seem to think 50% after one dose:

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/fda-pfizer-s-covid-19-vaccine-safe-ef

If Pfizer/Astrozeneca is proven to be effective at a decent level with one dose then it could be a very good way forward although I've seen some people saying that it'll be harder to get people to turn up for a second dose at an unknown point in the future (I am not sure if that argument is really sound though).

SB

They just had a scientist on BBC News endorsing the plan. Can't remember the figures but more people would be protected earlier by just rolling out the first shot now with everything we have.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 12:22 - Dec 23 with 2024 viewsBeckets

The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 12:20 - Dec 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

They just had a scientist on BBC News endorsing the plan. Can't remember the figures but more people would be protected earlier by just rolling out the first shot now with everything we have.

On past form Johnson will dismiss it as an idea today and introduce it in 3 days time.
The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 12:22 - Dec 23 with 2023 viewsChurchman

There are peelings in my compost bin that’d do a better job than the current collection of muppets, especially BJ, but that doesn’t mean I’d want to see Blair back. For me he’s lucky not to be in jail and should stick to quietly making his millions.
The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 12:30 - Dec 23 with 1959 viewsStokieBlue

The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 12:20 - Dec 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

If the scientists modelling has been done, the regulators are happy with a single dose programme and the companies confirm it will offer decent protection then we should definitely go ahead.

SB

The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 12:38 - Dec 23 with 1930 viewsitfc_bucks

The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 12:22 - Dec 23 by Churchman

There are peelings in my compost bin that’d do a better job than the current collection of muppets, especially BJ, but that doesn’t mean I’d want to see Blair back. For me he’s lucky not to be in jail and should stick to quietly making his millions.

I repeatedly ask this, what would you have him in jail for?

***Edited for typo***
[Post edited 23 Dec 2020 12:44]
The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 12:42 - Dec 23 with 1902 viewsStokieBlue

So there seems to be disagreement about this. NERVETAG members aren't in agreement with the change in policy at this particular moment:

Prof Barclay said: “I think that the issue with that (Mr Blair’s suggestion) is that the vaccine is on the basis of being given two doses, and the efficacy is on that basis. To change at that point, one would have to see a lot more analysis coming out from perhaps the clinical trial data.”

I guess there will be a lot of debate about this over the next week or so.

SB

The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 12:54 - Dec 23 with 1841 viewscooperd5

The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 12:42 - Dec 23 by StokieBlue

So there seems to be disagreement about this. NERVETAG members aren't in agreement with the change in policy at this particular moment:

Prof Barclay said: “I think that the issue with that (Mr Blair’s suggestion) is that the vaccine is on the basis of being given two doses, and the efficacy is on that basis. To change at that point, one would have to see a lot more analysis coming out from perhaps the clinical trial data.”

I guess there will be a lot of debate about this over the next week or so.

SB

Oxford vaccine supposedly approved on 27th Dec or so. Why not start the process now for it so when the green light is given (which it seems to be so) then jabs and people are getting it immediately, not in another week. Think we have millions of this already.
Priority is to get vaccinations going as opposed to more lockdown and tier 3/4 misery.
The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 12:55 - Dec 23 with 1830 viewsStokieBlue

The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 12:54 - Dec 23 by cooperd5

Oxford vaccine supposedly approved on 27th Dec or so. Why not start the process now for it so when the green light is given (which it seems to be so) then jabs and people are getting it immediately, not in another week. Think we have millions of this already.
Priority is to get vaccinations going as opposed to more lockdown and tier 3/4 misery.

Start what process now?

SB

The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 13:04 - Dec 23 with 1772 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 12:22 - Dec 23 by Churchman

I'm surprised he hasn't suggested COVID is one of Saddam's WMD.
The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 13:42 - Dec 23 with 1625 viewsChurchman

The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 13:04 - Dec 23 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I'm surprised he hasn't suggested COVID is one of Saddam's WMD.

Haha, if he reads your post he probably will!
The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 13:48 - Dec 23 with 1596 viewsgazzer1999

The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 12:38 - Dec 23 by itfc_bucks

***Edited for typo***

Sending soldiers into an illegal war would probably be a good start. I believed him when he said about his dossier on Saddams weapons of mass destruction which turned out to be a lie. I think this was the point people stopped believing politicians and trust disappeared with the public, spin, spin spin and more spin.
The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 13:58 - Dec 23 with 1562 viewsWaterfootblue

The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 13:48 - Dec 23 by gazzer1999

Sending soldiers into an illegal war would probably be a good start. I believed him when he said about his dossier on Saddams weapons of mass destruction which turned out to be a lie. I think this was the point people stopped believing politicians and trust disappeared with the public, spin, spin spin and more spin.

The Oxford vaccine is not yet approved although apparently in plentiful supply. Based on the evidence from the trials should people be offered a disclaimer. At seventy three I would take the risk of side effects rather then die from Covid .
The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 13:59 - Dec 23 with 1554 viewsRadlett_blue

This would certainly be the end of the monarchy.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 14:01 - Dec 23 with 1551 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 12:38 - Dec 23 by itfc_bucks

***Edited for typo***

Lies, cronyism, ego, spin, being a lapdog to an incompetent US president. Sounds much like today (but with some invasions added in)
The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 14:22 - Dec 23 with 1469 viewsBluespeed225

Pity he didn’t take as much notice when Dr David Kelly was giving him some advice.
The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 14:27 - Dec 23 with 1445 viewsBlueRaider

Scientists have pretty much shot it down saying one dose won't suffice

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

The Queen should ask Tony Blair to run the country on 14:40 - Dec 23 with 1421 viewsKeaneish

If I’m not mistaken, he already did that and hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians were murdered for their natural wealth under the pretence of a lie. I’ll vote no for a war criminal back in office.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024