Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Edrich RIP 13:58 - Dec 25 with 988 viewsFtnfwest

One of the first cricketers I remember. Tough as old boots. Anyway merry Xmas all, Mrs F onto her second bottle of champers! Yee hah!
John Edrich RIP on 15:02 - Dec 25 with 932 viewsSteve_M

He was before my time and I was only vaguely aware of him as a player; the respect shown to him though is telling.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/dec/25/john-edrich-obituary

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

John Edrich RIP on 15:25 - Dec 25 with 918 viewssolemio

First year since the year dot that we have not had a sparkly wine, whether English, Champagne or prosecco. Plenty of one of our favourite reds (Animus Douro - cheap but very good - and dessert wine.

Feeling very mellow.

An amazing family of cricketers across 3 generations, the Edriches. Norfolk originally, but that's not really their fault.
John Edrich RIP on 16:03 - Dec 25 with 908 viewswoodbridge_blue

Edrich and Boycott, the opening partnership of my youth.

Probably the most memorable innings of his England career was that unforgettable hour and a half in fading light at Old Trafford when he, aged 39, and a 45 year old Brian Close withstood a ferocious assault from Holding, Roberts and Daniel, no helmets in those days.

Thanks for the memories and inspiration John. R.I.P.
John Edrich RIP on 16:16 - Dec 25 with 887 viewsFtnfwest

John Edrich RIP on 16:03 - Dec 25 by woodbridge_blue

Edrich and Boycott, the opening partnership of my youth.

Probably the most memorable innings of his England career was that unforgettable hour and a half in fading light at Old Trafford when he, aged 39, and a 45 year old Brian Close withstood a ferocious assault from Holding, Roberts and Daniel, no helmets in those days.

Thanks for the memories and inspiration John. R.I.P.

Remember both of them, particularly close, taking a large number of blows without flinching. Boys own stuff.
John Edrich RIP on 16:29 - Dec 25 with 868 viewsJamestownPrince

Ironically, just watching the Morecambe and Wise Christmas Show from 1975, and an England batsmen hit a boundary and Eric said "was that Edrich"
John Edrich RIP on 20:11 - Dec 25 with 777 viewsBluespeed225

Him and Close, him 39, Close 45 (years old, not runs), opening against The Windies!
John Edrich RIP on 22:33 - Dec 25 with 735 viewsfactual_blue

My first cricket match was Surrey v India at the Oval in 1967. I had, for many years, a scorecard from the game autographed by Edrich, as well as Ken Barrington, Arnold Long, Graham Roope, Younis Ahmed, and India players including the Nawab of Pataudi, Bishan Bedi, Farouk Engineer and several others.

I think Edrich scored a century.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024