Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy tier 4 day (n/t) 00:01 - Dec 26 with 1548 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Happy tier 4 day (n/t) on 00:20 - Dec 26 with 1549 viewsJ2BLUE

Hopefully today is the beginning of the end of this nightmare.

Lets have some good news about the Oxford vaccine. Taken from the Independent:

Professor Sir John Bell, an Oxford academic and member of the government’s Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies, said he had “no concerns” over the candidate, which is still being reviewed by the UK’s Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency.

He says the data is looking better than ever and he is hoping for authorisation "just after Christmas"

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Happy tier 4 day (n/t) on 00:30 - Dec 26 with 1502 viewshoppy

Happy tier 4 day (n/t) on 00:20 - Dec 26 by J2BLUE

Professor Sir John Bell, an Oxford academic and member of the government’s Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies, said he had “no concerns” over the candidate, which is still being reviewed by the UK’s Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency.

He says the data is looking better than ever and he is hoping for authorisation "just after Christmas"

First day after Christmas and still no authorisation...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Happy tier 4 day (n/t) on 00:31 - Dec 26 with 1492 viewsJ2BLUE

Happy tier 4 day (n/t) on 00:30 - Dec 26 by hoppy

First day after Christmas and still no authorisation...

Truly impaired.

Happy tier 4 day (n/t) on 08:01 - Dec 26 with 1310 viewsAce_High1

Happy tier 4 day (n/t) on 00:20 - Dec 26 by J2BLUE

It seems to be taking a while though?

Yes we need good news.
Happy tier 4 day (n/t) on 10:32 - Dec 26 with 1178 viewsGuthrum

Happy tier 4 day (n/t) on 08:01 - Dec 26 by Ace_High1

Yes we need good news.

Au contraire, this is all happening at amazingly high speed. New vaccine development, testing and approval is something which normally takes years.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Happy tier 4 day (n/t) on 10:50 - Dec 26 with 1148 viewshoppy

Tier 4... already completed it mate!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Happy tier 4 day (n/t) on 11:19 - Dec 26 with 1128 viewsBlueBadger

Happy tier 4 day (n/t) on 10:32 - Dec 26 by Guthrum

Au contraire, this is all happening at amazingly high speed. New vaccine development, testing and approval is something which normally takes years.

Good article on it here. Big implications for future diseases and vaccines.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-03626-1
[Post edited 26 Dec 2020 11:21]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Happy tier 4 day (n/t) on 11:36 - Dec 26 with 1104 viewsSteve_M

Pah, keep up!

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Happy tier 4 day (n/t) on 13:13 - Dec 26 with 1028 viewslongtimefan

Not according to my NHS App. It says I’m in still in tier 2, despite being in Suffolk
Happy tier 4 day (n/t) on 13:44 - Dec 26 with 984 viewsbritbiker

In chelmford so already in tier 4. After my dog walk on xmas day, I was not overly surprised to note how many people we're preparing for journey's for other homes.

I know some will have bubbles with individuals but I get the impression most have just carried on with their usual xmas routine but just justifying it to themselves.

At least we don't have to witness the boxing day hoards emptying shelves of must have items. Feel sorry for tge retail trade though. Must have loads of stuff to move on that they couldn't sell before xmas.
Happy tier 4 day (n/t) on 13:46 - Dec 26 with 982 viewsTrequartista

Happy tier 4 day (n/t) on 08:01 - Dec 26 by Ace_High1

Yes we need good news.

It did seem to be taking a lot longer to approve than the Pfizer vaccine, but it appears the data wasn't fully submitted until three days ago, so an approval before the end of the year would still be relatively quick.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Happy tier 4 day (n/t) on 14:33 - Dec 26 with 917 viewsStokieBlue

Happy tier 4 day (n/t) on 13:44 - Dec 26 by britbiker

In chelmford so already in tier 4. After my dog walk on xmas day, I was not overly surprised to note how many people we're preparing for journey's for other homes.

I know some will have bubbles with individuals but I get the impression most have just carried on with their usual xmas routine but just justifying it to themselves.

At least we don't have to witness the boxing day hoards emptying shelves of must have items. Feel sorry for tge retail trade though. Must have loads of stuff to move on that they couldn't sell before xmas.

Just been for a cycle and there are loads of people meeting up outside but I guess it's up to them. Clearly not bubbles or meeting one person given it's 3 or 4 couples with kids all meeting or large groups of teenagers playing basketball.

The rate in London is now 1 in 50, the highest in the country but I guess people have to make individual choices if they aren't going to strictly follow the rules.

Hopefully all will be well, there won't be a post-Christmas surge of cases and the vaccine rollout can increase in speed.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Happy tier 4 day (n/t) on 14:39 - Dec 26 with 899 viewsJ2BLUE

Happy tier 4 day (n/t) on 14:33 - Dec 26 by StokieBlue

Just been for a cycle and there are loads of people meeting up outside but I guess it's up to them. Clearly not bubbles or meeting one person given it's 3 or 4 couples with kids all meeting or large groups of teenagers playing basketball.

The rate in London is now 1 in 50, the highest in the country but I guess people have to make individual choices if they aren't going to strictly follow the rules.

Hopefully all will be well, there won't be a post-Christmas surge of cases and the vaccine rollout can increase in speed.

SB

Apparently 115m were due to travel for Christmas in the US. January and February could be terrible if people don't start getting a grip quickly. So close to better times as well. I can't understand it.

Truly impaired.

Happy tier 4 day (n/t) on 14:42 - Dec 26 with 893 viewsStokieBlue

Happy tier 4 day (n/t) on 14:39 - Dec 26 by J2BLUE

Apparently 115m were due to travel for Christmas in the US. January and February could be terrible if people don't start getting a grip quickly. So close to better times as well. I can't understand it.

I'm not sure what the current state of play is in the US but mid-way through December there were at least 28 states without any travel restrictions over the Christmas period.

I guess the only saving grace for the US is that the new strain isn't established there yet.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024