Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question 10:33 - Dec 26 with 1240 viewsGarv

Should we (or other sides) be surprised we've had a Covid breakout in the club?

We have very sporadic testing, and most noticably players and staff are not bothered at all after games when it comes to handshakes and general mixing.

I get the idea that they're all swapping all kinds of germs during the game and to an extent any damage is probably already done, but I find it a bit odd.

No masks worn during post match interviews (which Andy Warren and Stu Watson made a point of).

Not a criticism of the club because I dread to think what detailed measures they've had to introduce at the training ground, but I'm just surprised that gameday behavior hadn't been questioned a little bit.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Question on 10:35 - Dec 26 with 1224 viewsSamWhiteUK

I'm always thinking the same when watching on TV. The premier League seemed to have stricter rules at the start but lately everyone is just hugging after scoring and after games etc. I saw one game where the two managers fist bumped rather than handshaking, but then followed up with a hug and a kiss on the head.
Question on 10:41 - Dec 26 with 1207 viewsBlueBadger

I'm astonished we've had one at ITFC. We've spent the vast majority of Lambert's reign getting nowhere near other teams.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2020 10:46]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Question on 10:48 - Dec 26 with 1186 viewshoppy

Question on 10:41 - Dec 26 by BlueBadger

I'm astonished we've had one at ITFC. We've spent the vast majority of Lambert's reign getting nowhere near other teams.

And we’ve directly addressed a lot of the hugging etc in goal celebrations by ensuring we are scoring fewer goals...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Question on 10:53 - Dec 26 with 1164 viewsEastTownBlue

Question on 10:35 - Dec 26 by SamWhiteUK

I'm always thinking the same when watching on TV. The premier League seemed to have stricter rules at the start but lately everyone is just hugging after scoring and after games etc. I saw one game where the two managers fist bumped rather than handshaking, but then followed up with a hug and a kiss on the head.

That's the thing. They continue to make such a big statement of avoiding handshakes they continue with everything else that should be avoided as part of social distancing.
Question on 11:22 - Dec 26 with 1124 viewsPinewoodblue

Question on 10:41 - Dec 26 by BlueBadger

Would have thought it was more likely to have been brought into the club by one of our players, or staff.

It was pretty low to suggest it was related to the Burton game especially as they later claimed it was the variant that supposedly originated from Kent.

Classic example of modern blame culture must always be someone else’s fault.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Question on 12:03 - Dec 26 with 1069 viewsBasuco

Many players have children at school which is a big part of covid safety that the club and the public in general have limited options to control infection from there, schools and school children do seem to be covid super spreaders. I do feel for teachers at the moment.
Question on 15:34 - Dec 26 with 936 viewsstrikalite

Question on 12:03 - Dec 26 by Basuco

Many players have children at school which is a big part of covid safety that the club and the public in general have limited options to control infection from there, schools and school children do seem to be covid super spreaders. I do feel for teachers at the moment.

Indeed, madness isn't it, I honestly believed because games were still being played through all the divisions that testing was happening on a daily basis, to think that they're obviously mixing in their private lives the inevitable has to happen...

So it has to be all about "symptoms" only, they're effectively gambling on that..

Just to add, about 80 people at work had a test last week, nobody had symptoms and nobody tested positive.
Question on 15:49 - Dec 26 with 912 viewsjeera

Question on 15:34 - Dec 26 by strikalite

Indeed, madness isn't it, I honestly believed because games were still being played through all the divisions that testing was happening on a daily basis, to think that they're obviously mixing in their private lives the inevitable has to happen...

So it has to be all about "symptoms" only, they're effectively gambling on that..

Just to add, about 80 people at work had a test last week, nobody had symptoms and nobody tested positive.

"Just to add, about 80 people at work had a test last week, nobody had symptoms and nobody tested positive."

Don't know what it is you do for work, but it does sound as though something is being done right there then.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Question on 15:55 - Dec 26 with 899 viewsStokieBlue

I think given the new strain and the levels of C19 across the country nobody should be surprised at a C19 outbreak anywhere.

All it takes is a little bit of carelessness or simply forgetfulness and that could be enough.

I see Wolves have banned their players from going to supermarkets which seems like a pretty sensible idea.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Question on 16:04 - Dec 26 with 870 viewsstrikalite

Question on 15:49 - Dec 26 by jeera

"Just to add, about 80 people at work had a test last week, nobody had symptoms and nobody tested positive."

Don't know what it is you do for work, but it does sound as though something is being done right there then.

Distribution warehouse and on site office staff, the test wasn't mandatory but the vast majority were tested, there is no real social distancing within the warehouse as such but everyone obviously is masked...

Quite surprised that nobody tested positive to be honest...a tier 4 area(PBoro)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024