Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A bit on the Rendlesham Forest UFO claim on BBC today 11:37 - Dec 26 with 2556 viewsSteve_M

Nothing on the Suffolk Panther though:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-54649675

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

A bit on the Rendlesham Forest UFO claim on BBC today on 11:46 - Dec 26 with 2502 viewsAce_High1

Who was the panther hunter we had on here - BelsteadBill if memory serves?
A bit on the Rendlesham Forest UFO claim on BBC today on 12:03 - Dec 26 with 2463 viewsBlueBadger

A bit on the Rendlesham Forest UFO claim on BBC today on 11:46 - Dec 26 by Ace_High1

Who was the panther hunter we had on here - BelsteadBill if memory serves?

The once and future King Of The Board.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A bit on the Rendlesham Forest UFO claim on BBC today on 12:26 - Dec 26 with 2444 viewsStokieBlue

I saw a documentary a few months ago where they actually reinstalled the light in the lighthouse and then had it running to see if you could see it from the forest. The only place you could actually see it was from the roof of the control tower.

The walk around the forest is rather nice.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

A bit on the Rendlesham Forest UFO claim on BBC today on 13:04 - Dec 26 with 2393 viewsGeoffSentence

original police reports can be found here

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/about-us/our-data/publication-scheme/7-significant

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

A bit on the Rendlesham Forest UFO claim on BBC today on 15:35 - Dec 26 with 2272 viewsjeera

So it was Bill Briggs and his axe all along.

I knew it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

A bit on the Rendlesham Forest UFO claim on BBC today on 18:45 - Dec 26 with 2161 viewslazyblue

A bit on the Rendlesham Forest UFO claim on BBC today on 12:26 - Dec 26 by StokieBlue

I saw a documentary a few months ago where they actually reinstalled the light in the lighthouse and then had it running to see if you could see it from the forest. The only place you could actually see it was from the roof of the control tower.

SB

It obviously wasn’t the lighthouse as that actually touched the object.
A bit on the Rendlesham Forest UFO claim on BBC today on 19:39 - Dec 26 with 2111 viewsStokieBlue

A bit on the Rendlesham Forest UFO claim on BBC today on 18:45 - Dec 26 by lazyblue

It obviously wasn’t the lighthouse as that actually touched the object.

I'm not sure what your sentence means I am afraid.

SB

A bit on the Rendlesham Forest UFO claim on BBC today on 19:47 - Dec 26 with 2107 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A bit on the Rendlesham Forest UFO claim on BBC today on 12:26 - Dec 26 by StokieBlue

SB

Haven't seen that documentary but it is possible trees have grown up since the original date and obscure it where it might have once been seen. If a forester claims he used to see it in that spot I would suspect that either he is telling the truth, he is mistaken as to what he was seeing (unlikely) or he is lying (for what reason?).

Interestingly, I used to see a periodic bright white light from Halesworth across the marshes and the only thing I could put it down to after looking on a map was that lighthouse. I am not at all sure what range it has, what the difference in elevation of the land at Halesworth, there and in between are and what effect they have but I reckoned that was what I used to see. Also not sure whether certain weather conditions could refract the light in order for it to be seen further away at times.

If that is what I saw, the light was definitely shining somewhat inland as well as out to sea, albeit Rendlesham would have required significantly more inland coverage.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

A bit on the Rendlesham Forest UFO claim on BBC today on 09:53 - Dec 27 with 1965 viewsMonkeyAlan

It wasn't the lighthouse. The object was there in the woods with them. Fact.
A bit on the Rendlesham Forest UFO claim on BBC today on 11:14 - Dec 27 with 1942 viewsBluespeed225

Coming after a Boxing Day win against Norwich and a good away point at Arsenal, and going well in Europe, the little fellas had been sent down to take back info on a team that the Martians would adopt as ‘their own’. Signal strength needed for live game beam backs, merchandise opportunities and licensing( all in extra small/small sizes presumably). They could have been coming over like Düsseldorf!
A bit on the Rendlesham Forest UFO claim on BBC today on 11:42 - Dec 27 with 1923 viewsPJH

A bit on the Rendlesham Forest UFO claim on BBC today on 09:53 - Dec 27 by MonkeyAlan

It wasn't the lighthouse. The object was there in the woods with them. Fact.

I have six books on the subject and I would not be following the subject if I believed that it was Orford lighthouse.
A bit on the Rendlesham Forest UFO claim on BBC today on 16:22 - Dec 27 with 1831 viewsBLUEBEAT

I thought the SAS admitted it was them earlier this year?

Some kind of revenge prank against the USAF after a training exercise got out of hand a few weeks earlier?

Poll: W or W

A bit on the Rendlesham Forest UFO claim on BBC today on 17:16 - Dec 27 with 1809 viewsElephantintheRoom

Disco lights set off by two naughty schoolboys from a school not unkown to Sheepy acolyte Roger Findow

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

A bit on the Rendlesham Forest UFO claim on BBC today on 19:15 - Dec 27 with 1710 viewsMelford

I made this years ago.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2020 19:16]

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

A bit on the Rendlesham Forest UFO claim on BBC today on 23:50 - Dec 30 with 1491 viewsStokieBlue

A rather interesting amendment to the Covid bill that Trump has just signed might mean there will be more information soon for those who are interested:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-covid-bill-u

SB

A bit on the Rendlesham Forest UFO claim on BBC today on 00:39 - Dec 31 with 1479 viewsbournemouthblue

This case continues to get weirder still because I believe the airman directly involved have had their medical records classified, whether they wanted them classified or not and this has hindered medical treatment for them.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/medical-payout-for-ufo-mystery-airman-following-rend

There also used to be a document freely available under the Free of Information Act from the National Archives which explained in detail what it probably was
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Condign
[Post edited 1 Jan 2021 3:01]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024