Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
i don't know what to call this thread 20:20 - Dec 26 with 2617 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I just discovered something so beautiful I'm speechless.

When I'm writing I listen to my 'Music to write to' soundtrack on Spotify (mostly instrumental). Then when it gets to the end it offers up suggestions. It's just offered this... from a Japanese band I've never heard of called MONO. It's utterly stunning;

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

i don't know what to call this thread on 20:36 - Dec 26 with 2540 viewsJ2BLUE

This is an each to their own thing because that to me is nothing special but I think we've all found a song which had a similar impact on us. I spent summer 2019 playing one song repeatedly that I completely fell in love with.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

i don't know what to call this thread on 20:40 - Dec 26 with 2514 viewsjeera

i don't know what to call this thread on 20:36 - Dec 26 by J2BLUE

This is an each to their own thing because that to me is nothing special but I think we've all found a song which had a similar impact on us. I spent summer 2019 playing one song repeatedly that I completely fell in love with.

?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

i don't know what to call this thread on 20:42 - Dec 26 with 2504 viewsJ2BLUE

i don't know what to call this thread on 20:40 - Dec 26 by jeera

?

I deliberately didn't post the track so someone could own me.

I'm glad it was you mate.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

i don't know what to call this thread on 10:36 - Dec 27 with 2249 viewsMJallday

Is it this one ?

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

i don't know what to call this thread on 10:42 - Dec 27 with 2231 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

i don't know what to call this thread on 10:36 - Dec 27 by MJallday

Is it this one ?

Maybe it's this one?

i don't know what to call this thread on 10:45 - Dec 27 with 2224 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I think she has an incredible voice; genuinely can't understand how someone can call that "nothing special." But yeah, each to their own I guess.

i don't know what to call this thread on 15:43 - Dec 27 with 2063 viewssolemio

Call it Fred Bear.
i don't know what to call this thread on 16:19 - Dec 27 with 2017 viewsIPS_wich

Works for me. Lovely. Thanks for sharing.

I’ve been listening to a lot of post rock and post metal for the last couple of years so the guitar at 1:32 is where the track really takes off for me. Looking at their profile on Apple Music the ‘similar artists’ are mainly post rock (Mogwai, This Will Destroy You, Caspian) - so I’ll probably check them out a bit more.

Here’s a couple that I put into the stunning category. Probably the two tracks I’ve listened to the most in 2020.

Login to get fewer ads

i don't know what to call this thread on 13:12 - Dec 28 with 1797 viewsCaptainAhab

A.A Williams is great, seen her live a couple of times. Seen Mono a couple of times too, once I thought they were pretty dull, but the second time they were mind blowing.
Great shout on We Lost the Sea too
i don't know what to call this thread on 21:12 - Dec 29 with 1592 viewsArnoldMoorhen

i don't know what to call this thread on 16:19 - Dec 27 by IPS_wich

I’ve been listening to a lot of post rock and post metal for the last couple of years so the guitar at 1:32 is where the track really takes off for me. Looking at their profile on Apple Music the ‘similar artists’ are mainly post rock (Mogwai, This Will Destroy You, Caspian) - so I’ll probably check them out a bit more.

Here’s a couple that I put into the stunning category. Probably the two tracks I’ve listened to the most in 2020.

I had a difficult email to write. Listened to these and Dolly's original as I wrote.

Nailed it!

Thank you!
i don't know what to call this thread on 15:47 - Dec 30 with 1468 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

i don't know what to call this thread on 16:19 - Dec 27 by IPS_wich

You might like these;

i don't know what to call this thread on 00:59 - Jan 19 with 1278 viewsIPS_wich

i don't know what to call this thread on 15:47 - Dec 30 by The_Flashing_Smile

You might like these;

All three are good, I've listened to some Deafheaven before.

More shoegaze than post-rock (although we're talking fine lines) and takes me back to my sixth form days in the early 90s (the Nothing track was very Slowdive-ish).

Great baseline on the Bowery Electric track.

Since your original post I've been listening to a lot of Mono - their album from 2019 is really really good.
i don't know what to call this thread on 01:26 - Jan 19 with 1232 viewsmonytowbray

Bit too dull for me, sounds like Lady Gaga for people too scared to admit they like sh1t pop music.

So much wasted talent, they could be the next Otoboke Beaver or Melt Banana if they tried harder.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

i don't know what to call this thread on 09:47 - Jan 19 with 1062 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

i don't know what to call this thread on 01:26 - Jan 19 by monytowbray

Bit too dull for me, sounds like Lady Gaga for people too scared to admit they like sh1t pop music.

So much wasted talent, they could be the next Otoboke Beaver or Melt Banana if they tried harder.

Why would I be scared to admit to liking ANYTHING, particularly musicwise?

The two tracks you've posted here are entirely different genres to my OP, and are thus not comparable. And utterly predictable (for you) in that they're shouty music. Stuff doesn't have to be shouty to be not dull, but maybe you'll get that as you age and your musical tastes mature.

The second one sounded alright until 1:50 when the shouty vocals kicked in.

I literally wouldn't be able to name you a track by Lady Gaga beyond Paparazzi.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 9:48]

i don't know what to call this thread on 12:01 - Jan 19 with 1007 viewsjeera

i don't know what to call this thread on 09:47 - Jan 19 by The_Flashing_Smile

Why would I be scared to admit to liking ANYTHING, particularly musicwise?

The two tracks you've posted here are entirely different genres to my OP, and are thus not comparable. And utterly predictable (for you) in that they're shouty music. Stuff doesn't have to be shouty to be not dull, but maybe you'll get that as you age and your musical tastes mature.

The second one sounded alright until 1:50 when the shouty vocals kicked in.

I literally wouldn't be able to name you a track by Lady Gaga beyond Paparazzi.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 9:48]

Poker Face.

There was an episode of South Park in which Cartman performed it.

It was hilarious.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024