Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We should recall El Mizouni in January 22:04 - Dec 26 with 1633 viewsAlexGreen

He’s played a decent number of games there and is back to fitness from his injury at the end of last season. With the injury crisis we’re having it makes zero sense having him out there (he was an unused sub today as Hoolahan’s playing in his favoured position), we can then let Gibbs continue to earn his trade in the U23s or even at a national league club.

I’d be disappointed (but probably not surprised) if we left him at Cambs - he may not play as many for us here as he would there but we could really have done with him over the last six weeks or so.

Maybe the injuries will abate and it didn’t turn out to be the best decision for him but we need bodies right now, and he has looked the part every time I’ve seen him in action for us or Cambridge.

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

We should recall El Mizouni in January on 22:06 - Dec 26 with 1615 viewsStokieBlue

Given the injuries are looking to be clearing up given the break I suspect he will be left there.

Also noticed today their CF has 17 goals in 19 games.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

We should recall El Mizouni in January on 23:41 - Dec 26 with 1446 viewsNthQldITFC

We should recall El Mizouni in January on 22:06 - Dec 26 by StokieBlue

Given the injuries are looking to be clearing up given the break I suspect he will be left there.

Also noticed today their CF has 17 goals in 19 games.

SB

I don't have a particularly high level of confidence that the injuries will stay cleared up though, so I'd rather see him come back. Though if we do get him back, we'll probably not see any more CM injuries this season, which would be nice.

I may be paranoid due to too much Scotch tonight, but we do seem to be the Unlucky Alf of the football world!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

We should recall El Mizouni in January on 01:04 - Dec 27 with 1377 viewsJimmyJazz

Not convinced he has played that much at Cambridge, as you say he's competing with Hoolahan and seems to get a game when Hoolahan needs a rest

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

We should recall El Mizouni in January on 08:45 - Dec 27 with 1216 viewsTieDyedIn95

I should point out, if you think 3rd division football is bad, you should see the absolute guff played in the 4th and by Cambridge United. We need some experience of this league more than we need more youth players/

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

We should recall El Mizouni in January on 09:08 - Dec 27 with 1190 viewsWestover

According to stats I've looked at he has only played 327 minutes so IMO a waste of time he would have played more if he had stayed here, Dobra who didn't go out on loan has played 326 minutes.
We should recall El Mizouni in January on 09:19 - Dec 27 with 1164 viewsStokieBlue

We should recall El Mizouni in January on 09:08 - Dec 27 by Westover

According to stats I've looked at he has only played 327 minutes so IMO a waste of time he would have played more if he had stayed here, Dobra who didn't go out on loan has played 326 minutes.

Well it also means he can't get in ahead of Hoolahan and would you have him in our team at 38?

If he was performing better that Hoolahan then he would be playing I assume.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

We should recall El Mizouni in January on 09:29 - Dec 27 with 1156 viewsHarry_Palmer

I agree that we should recall him, but with a view to getting him another loan elsewhere as opposed to bringing him back here.

He needs game time to develop, he wont get that here and he is not getting enough at Cambridge for my liking either. The ideal scenario would be to get him another loan at a club where he is as good as guaranteed to start.
We should recall El Mizouni in January on 09:53 - Dec 27 with 1102 viewsmonty_radio

We should recall El Mizouni in January on 09:29 - Dec 27 by Harry_Palmer

I agree that we should recall him, but with a view to getting him another loan elsewhere as opposed to bringing him back here.

He needs game time to develop, he wont get that here and he is not getting enough at Cambridge for my liking either. The ideal scenario would be to get him another loan at a club where he is as good as guaranteed to start.

Almost no guarantees anywhere, though. If the standard is professional and tough enough, then whoever the club, they are no more likely to extend time to a gifted novice than we are if the gifts come at the price of occasional lapses of grizzled guile and full-on physical heft.

Many of those feted on here are loaned out for those very same reasons in the hope of them becoming the more complete package. But, especially, in leagues where the physical side is expected to play an even greater part, they then fail to set the host club on fire. Mizouni, or anyone else, needs to become an automatic pick at his loan club (which he hasn't been) before lambert, or anyone else, begins to see him as the great solution.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

We should recall El Mizouni in January on 10:06 - Dec 27 with 1086 viewsHarry_Palmer

We should recall El Mizouni in January on 09:53 - Dec 27 by monty_radio

Almost no guarantees anywhere, though. If the standard is professional and tough enough, then whoever the club, they are no more likely to extend time to a gifted novice than we are if the gifts come at the price of occasional lapses of grizzled guile and full-on physical heft.

Many of those feted on here are loaned out for those very same reasons in the hope of them becoming the more complete package. But, especially, in leagues where the physical side is expected to play an even greater part, they then fail to set the host club on fire. Mizouni, or anyone else, needs to become an automatic pick at his loan club (which he hasn't been) before lambert, or anyone else, begins to see him as the great solution.

You make some good points. He does need to toughen up and get the regular experience of competitive Men's football as opposed to the U23's. I just think he needs minutes on the pitch and Hoolahan seems to be standing in his way at Cambridge, maybe a drop down to the national league or perhaps Scotland would suit.
We should recall El Mizouni in January on 11:06 - Dec 27 with 1021 viewsHarry_Palmer

We should recall El Mizouni in January on 09:19 - Dec 27 by StokieBlue

Well it also means he can't get in ahead of Hoolahan and would you have him in our team at 38?

If he was performing better that Hoolahan then he would be playing I assume.

SB

Given the choice of Hoolahan or Judge I would probably go for Hoolahan, even at 38!

What a club ( to quote another well known poster ).
We should recall El Mizouni in January on 14:32 - Dec 27 with 890 viewsjayessess

We should recall El Mizouni in January on 01:04 - Dec 27 by JimmyJazz

Not convinced he has played that much at Cambridge, as you say he's competing with Hoolahan and seems to get a game when Hoolahan needs a rest

3 league starts 7 sub appearances, no goals, 1 assist, unused sub yesterday, not in the squad the week before

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024