Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield united 13:44 - Dec 27 with 4710 viewsgiant_stow

Wierd how they've gone from great to plop - I see they even managed a new record in crapness. And despite spending all that money last year.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Sheffield united on 13:46 - Dec 27 with 3829 viewsJ2BLUE

£23.5m on Brewster...madness.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sheffield united on 13:49 - Dec 27 with 3819 viewsgiant_stow

Sheffield united on 13:46 - Dec 27 by J2BLUE

Never even heard of him, although that's not saying much.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Sheffield united on 13:54 - Dec 27 with 3782 viewspimballwizard

Sheffield united on 13:49 - Dec 27 by giant_stow

Never even heard of him, although that's not saying much.

Wot ? You never heard of Brewsters millions ?
Sheffield united on 13:58 - Dec 27 with 3768 viewsTieDyedIn95

that's about the same money as Evans bought our whole club for just 13 years ago!

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Sheffield united on 14:16 - Dec 27 with 3699 viewsTrequartista

Sheffield united on 13:54 - Dec 27 by pimballwizard

Wot ? You never heard of Brewsters millions ?

The plot of the film seems to have inspired the size of the transfer fee.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2020 14:16]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Sheffield united on 14:22 - Dec 27 with 3670 viewsjaykay

Sheffield united on 13:58 - Dec 27 by TieDyedIn95

that's about the same money as Evans bought our whole club for just 13 years ago!

before that . when we finished 5 th then spent millions the next season. we all know what happened next

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Sheffield united on 14:27 - Dec 27 with 3655 viewsbournemouthblue

Certainly a gamble which hasn't paid off

Obviously they are suffering from second season syndrome but the obvious absence is a quality goalscorer or two

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Sheffield united on 14:35 - Dec 27 with 3634 viewsnoggin

Sheffield united on 13:58 - Dec 27 by TieDyedIn95

And about a million times more than we're worth now.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Login to get fewer ads

Sheffield united on 14:36 - Dec 27 with 3630 viewsfactual_blue

Yes, it's really weird

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Sheffield united on 14:45 - Dec 27 with 3597 viewsgiant_stow

Sheffield united on 14:36 - Dec 27 by factual_blue

Yes, it's really weird

Weird way of finishing a sentence*.*

Sheffield united on 14:58 - Dec 27 with 3548 viewsNthQldITFC

Sheffield united on 14:45 - Dec 27 by giant_stow

Weird way of finishing a sentence*.*

*.*

Two tall, white relaxed cats, flanking one short, white, uptight cat, in the snow, from behind?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Sheffield united on 14:58 - Dec 27 with 3553 viewstractordownsouth

Fine margins - last year they struggled for goals but had a watertight defence so ended up winning a lot of games by the odd goal. This season it's the opposite - they've lost loads of games by 1 goal (Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool, Everton, Leicester just off the top of my head) so they're competing but they're much poorer at the back, partly due to O'Connell's injury. I've just looked at the table and they've scored the same number as Burnley and only condeded 6 more but have 11 fewer points.

They'll win a couple eventually but you're right that 2 points from 15 games is p1ss poor. McGoldrick has scored half of their goals!

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Sheffield united on 15:05 - Dec 27 with 3521 viewsgiant_stow

Sheffield united on 14:58 - Dec 27 by NthQldITFC

*.*

Two tall, white relaxed cats, flanking one short, white, uptight cat, in the snow, from behind?

Woo there things are getting trippy!

Sheffield united on 15:07 - Dec 27 with 3514 viewsgiant_stow

Sheffield united on 14:58 - Dec 27 by tractordownsouth

Fine margins - last year they struggled for goals but had a watertight defence so ended up winning a lot of games by the odd goal. This season it's the opposite - they've lost loads of games by 1 goal (Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool, Everton, Leicester just off the top of my head) so they're competing but they're much poorer at the back, partly due to O'Connell's injury. I've just looked at the table and they've scored the same number as Burnley and only condeded 6 more but have 11 fewer points.

They'll win a couple eventually but you're right that 2 points from 15 games is p1ss poor. McGoldrick has scored half of their goals!

Hadn't noticed the their losing margins being so slender - must be very frustrating for the fans.

Sheffield united on 15:09 - Dec 27 with 3504 viewsNthQldITFC

Sheffield united on 15:05 - Dec 27 by giant_stow

Woo there things are getting trippy!

Ah've been lickin' cane toads since Christmas.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Sheffield united on 15:11 - Dec 27 with 3496 viewsbournemouthblue

Sheffield united on 14:58 - Dec 27 by tractordownsouth

And he wasn't scoring a lot to start with

Why didn't they go out and get some strikers with a bit of pedigree? Instead they spunked loads of money on a Liverpool yoof player. Bournemouth did a similar thing themselves and look at where they are now

Sheffield united on 15:19 - Dec 27 with 3467 viewstractordownsouth

Sheffield united on 15:11 - Dec 27 by bournemouthblue

And he wasn't scoring a lot to start with

Why didn't they go out and get some strikers with a bit of pedigree? Instead they spunked loads of money on a Liverpool yoof player. Bournemouth did a similar thing themselves and look at where they are now

Wilder seems to love collecting strikers, like Warnock did there 15 years ago. McBurnie, McGoldrick, Mousset, Burke, Brewster and Sharp are all in the 18 man squad but they can't hit a barn door.

Liverpool do seem to get top dollar for their youths. They got a combined £60m for Ibe, Solanke and Brewster which is incredible.

Sheffield united on 15:22 - Dec 27 with 3456 viewsJ2BLUE

Sheffield united on 15:19 - Dec 27 by tractordownsouth

Wilder seems to love collecting strikers, like Warnock did there 15 years ago. McBurnie, McGoldrick, Mousset, Burke, Brewster and Sharp are all in the 18 man squad but they can't hit a barn door.

Liverpool do seem to get top dollar for their youths. They got a combined £60m for Ibe, Solanke and Brewster which is incredible.

Burke isn't a striker.

Truly impaired.

Sheffield united on 15:23 - Dec 27 with 3446 viewstractordownsouth

Sheffield united on 15:22 - Dec 27 by J2BLUE

Burke isn't a striker.

Not at his previous clubs but he's been playing there for Sheff Utd

Sheffield united on 15:29 - Dec 27 with 3415 viewsChrisd

Haven’t they had injuries to key personnel this season? Also, the players they have lost and replaced just haven’t been of the same quality. Chris Wilder is still a very good manager, would still like to see The Blades get out of trouble, but as each game passes without a win that task gets harder by the week.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Sheffield united on 15:35 - Dec 27 with 3388 viewsJ2BLUE

Sheffield united on 15:23 - Dec 27 by tractordownsouth

Not at his previous clubs but he's been playing there for Sheff Utd

Still not a striker though even if they are playing him there out of desperation.

Truly impaired.

Sheffield united on 15:49 - Dec 27 with 3359 viewstractordownsouth

Sheffield united on 15:35 - Dec 27 by J2BLUE

Still not a striker though even if they are playing him there out of desperation.

True but don't see him fitting anywhere else in their 3-5-2 system. Talking of Burke, you'll be glad to know Chris is still playing!

Sheffield united on 17:13 - Dec 27 with 3234 viewsElephantintheRoom

It's known in the trade as 'doing a Burley'

Sheff U were pretty feeble post lockdown last season - and the lack of fans does them no favours.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Sheffield united on 18:30 - Dec 27 with 3124 viewsPendejo

McGoldrick's fault, last season he hardly scored, this season he's already scored more from less games... Yet the team has suffered.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_McGoldrick

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Sheffield united on 20:18 - Dec 27 with 2998 viewsbournemouthblue

Sheffield united on 15:19 - Dec 27 by tractordownsouth

No one of any real Ilk

Meanwhile, Brighton have picked up Danny Wellbeck as an example, I assume on a reasonable deal as well

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024