Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League 1 Fixtures 11:02 - Dec 29 with 1699 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Having a quick look through the fixture list, there are only 5 of the 12 originally programmed matches taking place today (I appreciate some will be due to the weather)
There are also a handful of early January fixtures already Postponed.

I wonder what odds you would get for this season going the same way as the last and the season is declared finished in the Summer with lots of games not played due to running out of time to get them played..

[Captain obvious speaking] we need to make sure we keep ourselves inside that top 6 if/when fixtures start up again
League 1 Fixtures on 11:10 - Dec 29 with 1641 viewsDennyx4

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55470632

Seven of the twelve off today due to Covid.

Makes you wonder if the virus has been transferred between teams, as League one has been hit much more severely than any other division.

League 2 only had one off, last time I looked.
League 1 Fixtures on 11:14 - Dec 29 with 1624 viewsBasuco

The big worry is the lack of training for Town players, running and ball work, and the impact that will bring when we are up against teams who have been playing and training throughout this season. yes that is a lot of fixtures postponed and I can only see the situation getting worse over the next few weeks and month's.
League 1 Fixtures on 11:16 - Dec 29 with 1620 viewsEastTownBlue

The seven matches have been "suspended" due to covid. Ourselves, Peterborough, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Doncaster, Hull and Rochdale are the clubs impacted. Although in League Two only Morecambe have had to call off their games at present.

If we get into January with League One having as few cases as League Two then there should not be a problem finishing the season on time. The way the pandemic is going in this country at present more disruption to the EFL is guranteed.
League 1 Fixtures on 11:20 - Dec 29 with 1602 viewsbournemouthblue

League 1 Fixtures on 11:16 - Dec 29 by EastTownBlue

The seven matches have been "suspended" due to covid. Ourselves, Peterborough, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Doncaster, Hull and Rochdale are the clubs impacted. Although in League Two only Morecambe have had to call off their games at present.

If we get into January with League One having as few cases as League Two then there should not be a problem finishing the season on time. The way the pandemic is going in this country at present more disruption to the EFL is guranteed.

It's an interesting one, why is League Two less effected?

Smaller squads, less support staff etc? It certainly suggests they should have testing in League One, it clearly isn't working very well

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

League 1 Fixtures on 11:21 - Dec 29 with 1589 viewsPendejo

League 1 Fixtures on 11:14 - Dec 29 by Basuco

The big worry is the lack of training for Town players, running and ball work, and the impact that will bring when we are up against teams who have been playing and training throughout this season. yes that is a lot of fixtures postponed and I can only see the situation getting worse over the next few weeks and month's.

Given the prevailing view of the manager and his coaches... This will be a positive..?

ME should pioneer the first anarchist team...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

League 1 Fixtures on 12:44 - Dec 29 with 1433 viewsleftback

League 1 Fixtures on 11:20 - Dec 29 by bournemouthblue

Smaller squads, less support staff etc? It certainly suggests they should have testing in League One, it clearly isn't working very well

Less testing lower down = less positive Covid-19 cases = less call offs 😉
League 1 Fixtures on 12:49 - Dec 29 with 1413 viewsPinewoodblue

League 1 Fixtures on 11:20 - Dec 29 by bournemouthblue

The smaller the ‘bubble’ the lower the chance of someone bringing COVID-19 into the bubble.

Not sure, as a club, we have done all we could to keep COVID-19 at bay. Prior to Christmas the club cancelled a behind doors game against a local non league team to have a practice match involving just Town players. Not sure if it went ahead as was around the time the club first announced some positive tests.

A bubble containing 30 or more people wouldn’t, in my book, be sensible.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

League 1 Fixtures on 13:05 - Dec 29 with 1361 viewsRIPbobby

My cynical side suggest that div 1 teams with many injuries are using covid as an excuse to get players back. Worth looking into.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2020 8:05]
Login to get fewer ads

League 1 Fixtures on 13:14 - Dec 29 with 1325 viewswkj

I've pondered this myself. I had a thought last night that the EFL would have been smarter making a temporary change to the league format. Divide the country up into four quarters with 6 teams playing 2 home and 2 away matches. The top and bottom 2 from each mini league then doing a knockout for promotion/relegation spots.

It is an awful concept under regular conditions, but would control distance travelled and reduce the number of games for the season- which all helps mitigate the risk and avoid fixture congestion in a big way.

Also, the EFL trophy should have been cancelled this year.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

League 1 Fixtures on 15:13 - Dec 29 with 1147 viewsjayessess

We're not even halfway through the season so I think there's zero prospect of ending the season in the same way as last year. They'd either just suspend and re-start or just scrub 2020-21 and start again from scratch in the Autumn.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

League 1 Fixtures on 17:56 - Dec 29 with 998 viewsronnyd

Just read that the Rochdale club doctor has called for the season to be suspended.
League 1 Fixtures on 18:00 - Dec 29 with 990 viewsRadlett_blue

League 1 Fixtures on 15:13 - Dec 29 by jayessess

We're not even halfway through the season so I think there's zero prospect of ending the season in the same way as last year. They'd either just suspend and re-start or just scrub 2020-21 and start again from scratch in the Autumn.

I'm sure Darragh MacAnthony has already spoken to his lawyers.
It's going to be another unholy row, isn't it, except that the clubs will have even less money. The really silly thing was trying to cram in the Cup competitions & play the pointless friendly internationals.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

League 1 Fixtures on 19:47 - Dec 29 with 916 viewsjayessess

League 1 Fixtures on 18:00 - Dec 29 by Radlett_blue

I'm sure Darragh MacAnthony has already spoken to his lawyers.
It's going to be another unholy row, isn't it, except that the clubs will have even less money. The really silly thing was trying to cram in the Cup competitions & play the pointless friendly internationals.

Football sadly not alone in convincing itself, against all historical precedent, that a second wave was unlikely and that they didn't need to plan for one.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024