Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can anyone send this Twitter thread to Lambert? 23:46 - Dec 29 with 1710 viewsCoco

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Can anyone send this Twitter thread to Lambert? on 23:50 - Dec 29 with 1671 viewsMrTown

The principal of building from the back can work really effectively with the right players, bringing a a team on and beating the press can leave so much space to exploit.

But when you have Nsiala, Woolfenden, McGuinness, Wilson, Ward, Chambers doing it in League 1 it doesn’t have that same zip.

It didn’t take long for teams to work out if they sit off us we run out of ideas very quickly and slowly move it from side to side without any penetration.

This is League 1 football, not the Champions League. We need to do the basics well first before we pretend we are Barcelona.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2020 23:51]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Can anyone send this Twitter thread to Lambert? on 07:08 - Dec 30 with 1428 viewsBlueBadger

Woah, woah, woah, we are playing Technical Football now, none of that 'scoring goals' stuff here please!

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Can anyone send this Twitter thread to Lambert? on 09:14 - Dec 30 with 1287 viewsMrTown

Can anyone send this Twitter thread to Lambert? on 07:08 - Dec 30 by BlueBadger

Woah, woah, woah, we are playing Technical Football now, none of that 'scoring goals' stuff here please!

Attempting to play 'technical football', without 'technical footballers'.

A true mastermind Lambert, a real visionary.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Can anyone send this Twitter thread to Lambert? on 11:23 - Dec 30 with 1124 viewsjayessess

I think there's a distinction between "playing out from the back" and "playing it around at the back".

Having your back four look to step out with the ball, commit opposition players, try to pass through the opposition rather than just hit the same long ball over and over again? Good idea, great plan.

Having the back four move the ball around between each other, slowing play down, allowing the opposition to either regain their shape or press you into mistakes, without really gaining any advantage? Bad.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Can anyone send this Twitter thread to Lambert? on 13:31 - Dec 30 with 966 viewsChrisd

Spot on sir!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Can anyone send this Twitter thread to Lambert? on 13:40 - Dec 30 with 947 viewscarlisleaway

Can anyone send this Twitter thread to Lambert? on 13:31 - Dec 30 by Chrisd

Spot on sir!

Playing that style of football is the reason we are not beating top 6 teams in the table, but PL is to thick to see that. Show him the Utube clip of our promotion winning season in 1999-2000
Can anyone send this Twitter thread to Lambert? on 13:51 - Dec 30 with 930 viewsChrisd

Can anyone send this Twitter thread to Lambert? on 13:40 - Dec 30 by carlisleaway

Playing that style of football is the reason we are not beating top 6 teams in the table, but PL is to thick to see that. Show him the Utube clip of our promotion winning season in 1999-2000

We just can't adapt, it's knowing when to play and when to play it long. We just play the ball around the back regardless. It is like our defenders are told to pass the ball between themselves for at least 15 passes every time , it's so frustrating.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2020 13:58]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Can anyone send this Twitter thread to Lambert? on 13:54 - Dec 30 with 923 viewsmonytowbray

“I’d rather see us trying to play and lose than scrape a win.”

- Numbskull, 2017.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Login to get fewer ads

Can anyone send this Twitter thread to Lambert? on 14:49 - Dec 30 with 853 viewsBluejake

Can anyone send this Twitter thread to Lambert? on 11:23 - Dec 30 by jayessess

I think there's a distinction between "playing out from the back" and "playing it around at the back".

Having your back four look to step out with the ball, commit opposition players, try to pass through the opposition rather than just hit the same long ball over and over again? Good idea, great plan.

Having the back four move the ball around between each other, slowing play down, allowing the opposition to either regain their shape or press you into mistakes, without really gaining any advantage? Bad.

Our manager could also do with hearing the opinion of Jose Mourinho who knows a bit about these things and he quoted the other day “...when sometimes I see people in the lower divisions trying to play the way the top players do in the top leagues - then making incredible mistakes because they don’t have enough quality to play that way, is just wrong...”
Can anyone send this Twitter thread to Lambert? on 16:06 - Dec 30 with 769 viewsPilgrimblue

Can anyone send this Twitter thread to Lambert? on 11:23 - Dec 30 by jayessess

it's all down to coaching and sadly PL hasn't got it.

Burley showed how to do it with the players he had at the time . i feel that some of our current lot haven't got the balls to go forwards. Take Ward for example, he gets into great positions then goes backwards. There's so much space n the pitch and opposition don't like committing themselves which is why Bishop does so well as they're scared of taking him on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024