Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Door knocking sales 13:39 - Dec 30 with 1203 viewstractorboy7777

We’ve just had a guy knock at our door supposedly from First Home Improvements and managed to get name, number etc out of us. The card we got from him is very vague, doesn’t have full name of the guy or a phone number.

Anyone else in Ipswich had experience from this company knocking at your door? Can’t contact their offices as they are closed!
[Post edited 30 Dec 2020 13:40]

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

Door knocking sales on 14:07 - Dec 30 with 1065 viewsVic

Tier 4 - wouldn’t have thought cold calling was allowed.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Door knocking sales on 14:08 - Dec 30 with 1070 viewsAlan_Handsome

Avoid them like the plague. My mum (lives in Cambridge) ended up taking them to court after they refused to finish building her porch until she signed up for them to replace the rest of the windows in her house. They basically plonked themselves down in her living room and refused to leave until she signed a contract. Reported them to trading standards and....they already had an investigation into them underway...so we fed into that. Ended up having to get a new builder in to clean up the mess, he was none too complimentary as to how they approached it. Absolute carnage, ended up taking it down to the 3ft brinckwork and starting again. Good luck if you do decide to use them.

You can't polish a turd....but you can sprinkle it with glitter!

Door knocking sales on 14:09 - Dec 30 with 1055 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Terrible company based in Norwich and born out of a double glazing company that went bust.

Once had someone round to quote and he refused to leave. Had to threaten him with the police and physically take his bag of samples out of the house for him.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Door knocking sales on 14:20 - Dec 30 with 994 viewstractorboy7777

We won't be using them, just concerned we’ve given some details to someone pretending to be them.

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

Door knocking sales on 14:36 - Dec 30 with 919 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Door knocking sales on 14:20 - Dec 30 by tractorboy7777

We won't be using them, just concerned we’ve given some details to someone pretending to be them.

More likely to be them but not a company I would trust with my details. If they do contact you again, you should be able to ask them to remove all your details from their records and when they fail to do so and contact you again, you can report them for GDPR breach. I would ensure you have written evidence of telling them to remove your details should the situation arise.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024