Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surprised limited supply of Astrazeneca? Oxford vaccine available 15:26 - Dec 30 with 2450 viewsPinewoodblue

Could have sworn Johnson, or Hancock, told us months ago it was already in production and millions of doses would be available immediately it was approved.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Surprised limited supply of Astrazeneca? Oxford vaccine available on 15:38 - Dec 30 with 2374 viewsJ2BLUE

Can you post a link to what you're talking about please?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Surprised limited supply of Astrazeneca? Oxford vaccine available on 15:56 - Dec 30 with 2340 viewsGeoffSentence

Surprised limited supply of Astrazeneca? Oxford vaccine available on 15:38 - Dec 30 by J2BLUE

I guess it relates to this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-55478521

"Responding to Matt Hancock's statement, the shadow health secretary Jonathan Ashworth asks how long lockdowns will be in place.

The health secretary responds by saying "the end is in sight" thanks to the vaccine, but doesn't give a specific date.

Ashworth also describes today's vaccine news as a "tremendous boost" but asks how many doses the UK has ready to go now.

Hancock replies that there are 530,000 across the UK that are available for deployment in the first week of January."

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Surprised limited supply of Astrazeneca? Oxford vaccine available on 16:00 - Dec 30 with 2323 viewsJ2BLUE

Surprised limited supply of Astrazeneca? Oxford vaccine available on 15:56 - Dec 30 by GeoffSentence

I guess it relates to this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-55478521

"Responding to Matt Hancock's statement, the shadow health secretary Jonathan Ashworth asks how long lockdowns will be in place.

The health secretary responds by saying "the end is in sight" thanks to the vaccine, but doesn't give a specific date.

Ashworth also describes today's vaccine news as a "tremendous boost" but asks how many doses the UK has ready to go now.

Hancock replies that there are 530,000 across the UK that are available for deployment in the first week of January."

I think that might be because the initial supplies are coming from Belgium before the remainder is made in the UK.

Truly impaired.

Surprised limited supply of Astrazeneca? Oxford vaccine available on 16:00 - Dec 30 with 2318 viewsPinewoodblue

Surprised limited supply of Astrazeneca? Oxford vaccine available on 15:38 - Dec 30 by J2BLUE

Hancock mentioned 520,000 doses available but this report from the Mirror suggests it was already being produced and stockpiled ages ago.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/matt-hancock-confirms-groups-prioritised-

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-09/coronavirus-oxford-astrazeneca-vaccine-pr

2023 year of destiny

Surprised limited supply of Astrazeneca? Oxford vaccine available on 16:02 - Dec 30 with 2299 viewsPinewoodblue

Surprised limited supply of Astrazeneca? Oxford vaccine available on 16:00 - Dec 30 by J2BLUE

I think that might be because the initial supplies are coming from Belgium before the remainder is made in the UK.

Pfizer comes from Belgium

2023 year of destiny

Surprised limited supply of Astrazeneca? Oxford vaccine available on 16:04 - Dec 30 with 2275 viewsJ2BLUE

Surprised limited supply of Astrazeneca? Oxford vaccine available on 16:02 - Dec 30 by Pinewoodblue

Pfizer comes from Belgium

You're right, apologies. I meant Germany.

Truly impaired.

Surprised limited supply of Astrazeneca? Oxford vaccine available on 16:22 - Dec 30 with 2209 viewsPinewoodblue

Surprised limited supply of Astrazeneca? Oxford vaccine available on 16:04 - Dec 30 by J2BLUE

You're right, apologies. I meant Germany.

Via Wrexham

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55136634

2023 year of destiny

Surprised limited supply of Astrazeneca? Oxford vaccine available on 16:28 - Dec 30 with 2189 viewsJ2BLUE

Surprised limited supply of Astrazeneca? Oxford vaccine available on 16:22 - Dec 30 by Pinewoodblue

Via Wrexham

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55136634

Not sure what your point is? Initial supply from Germany and then made in the UK. Exactly as promised.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Surprised limited supply of Astrazeneca? Oxford vaccine available on 16:32 - Dec 30 with 2168 viewsGeoffSentence

Surprised limited supply of Astrazeneca? Oxford vaccine available on 16:00 - Dec 30 by J2BLUE

whatever the reason 530,000 doses is well short of the 4m that were previously expected before the end of the year, which in itself was a long way short of an earlier target of 30M.

https://www.ft.com/content/651be7e7-2a4e-410f-8089-b4b7e887f6e8

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Surprised limited supply of Astrazeneca? Oxford vaccine available on 13:20 - Jan 1 with 1839 viewsPinewoodblue

Surprised limited supply of Astrazeneca? Oxford vaccine available on 16:32 - Dec 30 by GeoffSentence

whatever the reason 530,000 doses is well short of the 4m that were previously expected before the end of the year, which in itself was a long way short of an earlier target of 30M.

https://www.ft.com/content/651be7e7-2a4e-410f-8089-b4b7e887f6e8

Seems the Daily Mail has picked up in this. Be interesting to learn what happened between last September and now that caused the 30 million doses not to have been stockpiled.

The AstraZenica vaccine is also being produced in India, where they have built up a stockpile of 50m doses, and I believe Australia.

2023 year of destiny

Surprised limited supply of Astrazeneca? Oxford vaccine available on 14:08 - Jan 1 with 1725 viewsJ2BLUE

Surprised limited supply of Astrazeneca? Oxford vaccine available on 13:20 - Jan 1 by Pinewoodblue

Seems the Daily Mail has picked up in this. Be interesting to learn what happened between last September and now that caused the 30 million doses not to have been stockpiled.

The AstraZenica vaccine is also being produced in India, where they have built up a stockpile of 50m doses, and I believe Australia.

There are something like 15m doses over here waiting to be put into vials and batch checked.

Truly impaired.

Surprised limited supply of Astrazeneca? Oxford vaccine available on 14:24 - Jan 1 with 1680 viewsPinewoodblue

Surprised limited supply of Astrazeneca? Oxford vaccine available on 14:08 - Jan 1 by J2BLUE

There are something like 15m doses over here waiting to be put into vials and batch checked.

15m is half the number that was supposed to be ready 3 months ago.

2023 year of destiny

Surprised limited supply of Astrazeneca? Oxford vaccine available on 14:34 - Jan 1 with 1641 viewsJ2BLUE

Surprised limited supply of Astrazeneca? Oxford vaccine available on 14:24 - Jan 1 by Pinewoodblue

15m is half the number that was supposed to be ready 3 months ago.

I'm no fan of the government but they can only give out the info they were given. To my knowledge we have 15m doses available ready to be put into vials and 4m ready to go. I'm sure the rest will be ready to go by the time it's needed.

Truly impaired.

Surprised limited supply of Astrazeneca? Oxford vaccine available on 14:55 - Jan 1 with 1594 viewscatch74

There’s a good Panorama on the Oxford vaccine. Amazing stuff - they knew pretty early on that the virus was going to be a pandemic. They managed to create the vaccine very quickly but I think they said they then had three months where they were trying to get funding/ grants etc to produce and test it. Unbelievable - I’d say hindsight and all that - but they already knew.
Think another problem is that the vaccine has to be tested once in the country - so we have about 4 million but only about 1/2 million tested. Hope there are no hold ups or additional costs due to Brexit.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Surprised limited supply of Astrazeneca? Oxford vaccine available on 15:52 - Jan 1 with 1497 viewscooperd5

Surprised limited supply of Astrazeneca? Oxford vaccine available on 14:34 - Jan 1 by J2BLUE

I'm no fan of the government but they can only give out the info they were given. To my knowledge we have 15m doses available ready to be put into vials and 4m ready to go. I'm sure the rest will be ready to go by the time it's needed.

It’s needed now. I remember the govt saying they were making it in large quantities assuming it would be approved so no idea where that’s gone, probably sold off to some of Johnson’s mates...
Surprised limited supply of Astrazeneca? Oxford vaccine available on 16:09 - Jan 1 with 1447 viewsMookamoo

Surprised limited supply of Astrazeneca? Oxford vaccine available on 15:52 - Jan 1 by cooperd5

It’s needed now. I remember the govt saying they were making it in large quantities assuming it would be approved so no idea where that’s gone, probably sold off to some of Johnson’s mates...

Did they give any firm assurances through? As with everything there is so much fluff it difficult to work out what they actually committed to. Theres always lots of positive talk about planning to make a great plan but very little substance.

I would imagine their commitment was based on slowly emerging from lockdown in Feb/March. The way things have gone has added urgency to the situation which they have historically failed to appreciate.

Getting the clinical staff for the vaccine rollout is going to be an issue. My wife's NHS trust are desperately trying to find ex-staff able to administer the jab and oversee any allergic reactions. Those that were earmarked for the roll have now been moved to other battles.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024