Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL 14:36 - Dec 31 with 858 viewstractorboy1978

Surely they are going to have to take the initiative here and start moving fixtures about? If multiple clubs have games postponed due to opposition COVID cases then games can be arranged without wasting the fixture date?
EFL on 14:37 - Dec 31 with 852 viewsgtsb1966

The whole football season will be suspended across all leagues again very soon.
EFL on 14:40 - Dec 31 with 841 viewstractorboy1978

EFL on 14:37 - Dec 31 by gtsb1966

I don't think it will.
EFL on 14:44 - Dec 31 with 810 viewsBlueBadger

EFL on 14:40 - Dec 31 by tractorboy1978

I don't think it will.

At this point, virus transmission is even more rife than it was in March/April. Large groups of blokes moving all round the country to breath, cough and sweat all over each other simply isn't sustainable. As the number of cases at a number of clubs is showing.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

EFL on 15:06 - Dec 31 with 781 viewsboroughblue

EFL on 14:44 - Dec 31 by BlueBadger

At this point, virus transmission is even more rife than it was in March/April. Large groups of blokes moving all round the country to breath, cough and sweat all over each other simply isn't sustainable. As the number of cases at a number of clubs is showing.

whilst I agree with everything you've said, and a suspension is the most logical thing at this point it would seem (from the outside looking in anyway), I just can't see the EFL doing it.

I think a suspension would need to be longer than a month to be effective anyway. Which is painful for me to say as like everyone else I'm football mad, and I would miss not seeing our painful performances and the other smilingly poor standard games in the last couple of days. But realistically. A month break would see the player back in training at the very least 10 days before the restart. Which only really gives you 2-3 weeks away from each other anyway. But who knows I guess...
EFL on 15:22 - Dec 31 with 732 viewspointofblue

EFL on 14:44 - Dec 31 by BlueBadger

That or the EFL needs to oversee an uplift in Covid testing, at least to Premier League level. At the moment one club is basically passing it to the next.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

EFL on 17:32 - Dec 31 with 584 viewsSwansea_Blue

EFL on 14:37 - Dec 31 by gtsb1966

I have been wondering whether we're heading for a shortened season again, or at the least we'll see a pause. Having 1/2 to 3/4 of the games postponed each round can't be sustainable as we'll get to the point where they run out of time to finish the season.

Oh, and the lower you go the worse it is. The National League N/S has only been able to play a couple of fixtures each week over the Christmas period.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2020 17:35]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024