Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Been got by one of the little hitlers... 19:19 - Jan 1 with 3792 viewshoppy

I came home last night from getting the weekly food shop, and there were no parking spaces near our house (made more difficult by one of the neighbours taking up 2 car spaces with 4 wheelie bins to keep it clear for a removals van) so I pulled up over the road on zig zag lines outside the school opposite. The sign states no stopping, Mon-Fri 8am-4.30pm, so I know I’m in the wrong for that.... but still, to get a parking ticket on New Year’s Day morning when the school isn’t even open... so annoying.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 19:28 - Jan 1 with 3167 viewsbluelagos

Those lines are there to protect school children. Your parking showed no regards for their welfare, given some of them may have been leaving school had they forgotten they were on holidays.

Hate the pricks with a passion.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 19:32 - Jan 1 with 3118 viewsMattinLondon

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 19:28 - Jan 1 by bluelagos

Those lines are there to protect school children. Your parking showed no regards for their welfare, given some of them may have been leaving school had they forgotten they were on holidays.

I know that kids can be annoying - but a bit harsh to label them all as ‘pricks’.
Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 19:32 - Jan 1 with 3124 viewsPinewoodblue

Dispute it. Tell them the circumstances and explain you only parked there as you believed the restrictions didn't apply on a Bank Holiday..

Probably won't work but worth a try.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 19:33 - Jan 1 with 3099 viewshoppy

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 19:28 - Jan 1 by bluelagos

I was one of 3 vehicles along there that they’d ticketed today!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 19:37 - Jan 1 with 3051 viewsbluelagos

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 19:32 - Jan 1 by MattinLondon

I know that kids can be annoying - but a bit harsh to label them all as ‘pricks’.

Brilliant :-)

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 19:38 - Jan 1 with 3042 viewsbluelagos

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 19:33 - Jan 1 by hoppy

I was one of 3 vehicles along there that they’d ticketed today!

On a bank holiday? Fcking knobs.

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 19:39 - Jan 1 with 3039 viewsFixed_It

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 19:32 - Jan 1 by Pinewoodblue

Dispute it. Tell them the circumstances and explain you only parked there as you believed the restrictions didn't apply on a Bank Holiday..

Probably won't work but worth a try.

The b*ggers must be desperate to give out tickets seeing as they can't do people for parking on single yellows on a Bank Holiday. Probably done a tour of schools today deliberately to get their kicks.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 19:41 - Jan 1 with 3021 viewsbluelagos

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 19:39 - Jan 1 by Fixed_It

The b*ggers must be desperate to give out tickets seeing as they can't do people for parking on single yellows on a Bank Holiday. Probably done a tour of schools today deliberately to get their kicks.

Last week when the tunnel was closed, one of Kent's finest was ticketing lorries parked (Safely, but illegally) in lay-bys.

Login to get fewer ads

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 19:44 - Jan 1 with 3002 viewscatch74

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 19:38 - Jan 1 by bluelagos

On a bank holiday? Fcking knobs.

I used to drive back from Guildford to Suffolk on Christmas Eve night. I dropped my now wife off I. Essex on the way, got caught speeding and sent the dreaded letter. I filled the form in and wrote Happy Christmas on it, never heard any more of it. Maybe give them a Happy New Year message and hope.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 20:01 - Jan 1 with 2913 viewsIllinoisblue

Your neighbor is in the wrong, surely, for illegally blocking a public road.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 20:23 - Jan 1 with 2825 viewsDouble_Dutch

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 19:39 - Jan 1 by Fixed_It

I do not believe that you are correct. The Bank holiday is totally immaterial, if the information sign details no parking between Monday - Friday or Monday - Saturday with time restrictions, then parking restrictions will be enforced during those times Bank holiday or not.
Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 21:05 - Jan 1 with 2686 viewsjeera

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 20:01 - Jan 1 by Illinoisblue

Your neighbor is in the wrong, surely, for illegally blocking a public road.

Are you suggesting each of the wheelie bins should have received tickets?

Harsh!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 21:13 - Jan 1 with 2655 viewsjeera

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 20:23 - Jan 1 by Double_Dutch

I do not believe that you are correct. The Bank holiday is totally immaterial, if the information sign details no parking between Monday - Friday or Monday - Saturday with time restrictions, then parking restrictions will be enforced during those times Bank holiday or not.

True, but you'd have to be a special kind of douche to want to enforce restrictions when they don't matter; i.e. the school scenario when the schools are universally closed.

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 21:23 - Jan 1 with 2616 viewsDouble_Dutch

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 21:13 - Jan 1 by jeera

True, but you'd have to be a special kind of douche to want to enforce restrictions when they don't matter; i.e. the school scenario when the schools are universally closed.

I don't disagree, I just didn't want any other board member reading the advice to take it that, they could park on a single yellow line on a Bank holiday.
Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 21:27 - Jan 1 with 2593 viewsmonytowbray

Council ones are a f*cker to wangle. I’ve got off some paid parking zone ones with some sneaky tricks over the years but when you’re parked where you shouldn’t have been it’s almost impossible.

Could try making your case via the correct channels.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 22:12 - Jan 1 with 2450 viewsFixed_It

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 21:23 - Jan 1 by Double_Dutch

I don't disagree, I just didn't want any other board member reading the advice to take it that, they could park on a single yellow line on a Bank holiday.

Most have restrictions which exclude Bank Holidays - but obviously it is important to read the very high, small signage to check.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 22:36 - Jan 1 with 2341 viewsPinewoodblue

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 22:12 - Jan 1 by Fixed_It

Most have restrictions which exclude Bank Holidays - but obviously it is important to read the very high, small signage to check.

There has been a long term trend, going back at least 25 years, to no longer exclude bank holidays from parking orders. Same applies to off road car parks.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 22:50 - Jan 1 with 2289 viewsIllinoisblue

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 21:05 - Jan 1 by jeera

Are you suggesting each of the wheelie bins should have received tickets?

Harsh!

Death to the trash cans! There’s a whole culture of saving unofficial parking spots in Chicago in winter. Dibs they call it. People using all manner of items to save spots they’ve shoveled snow out of. https://www.npr.org/local/309/2020/03/02/811209907/chicago-s-dibs-tradition-can-

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 22:55 - Jan 1 with 2260 viewsjeera

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 22:50 - Jan 1 by Illinoisblue

Death to the trash cans! There’s a whole culture of saving unofficial parking spots in Chicago in winter. Dibs they call it. People using all manner of items to save spots they’ve shoveled snow out of. https://www.npr.org/local/309/2020/03/02/811209907/chicago-s-dibs-tradition-can-

To be fair Illers, if I'd spent age shovelling piles of snow from a parking spot I'd be a bit pissed off if someone else jumped in there.

As for the people needing a removal van I suppose they didn't have much choice either.

You'd think they'd be permits available for those kind of instances btw wouldn't you?

Like, "I'm moving home on such & such date, and can't really have the removal truck parked halfway down the street".

I have no idea if we have those kind of provisions, but I would like to think we do.

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 07:49 - Jan 2 with 1885 viewsCoastalblue

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 22:36 - Jan 1 by Pinewoodblue

There has been a long term trend, going back at least 25 years, to no longer exclude bank holidays from parking orders. Same applies to off road car parks.

A lot of the London Boroughs (maybe all?) don't enforce parking restrictions on Bank Holidays.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 08:13 - Jan 2 with 1847 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 08:57 - Jan 2 with 1760 viewsTractorWood

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 21:23 - Jan 1 by Double_Dutch

I have heard this before tbh. I remember a load of parking tickets for our fans at Brentford on a boxing day a few years ago got torn up.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 09:15 - Jan 2 with 1731 viewsRadlett_blue

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 22:55 - Jan 1 by jeera

To be fair Illers, if I'd spent age shovelling piles of snow from a parking spot I'd be a bit pissed off if someone else jumped in there.

As for the people needing a removal van I suppose they didn't have much choice either.

You'd think they'd be permits available for those kind of instances btw wouldn't you?

Like, "I'm moving home on such & such date, and can't really have the removal truck parked halfway down the street".

I have no idea if we have those kind of provisions, but I would like to think we do.

I don't think we need more permits & rules, we just need some common sense to be applied e.g. trying to enforce parking restrictions by a school on New Year's Day.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 09:47 - Jan 2 with 1674 viewsjeera

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 09:15 - Jan 2 by Radlett_blue

I don't think we need more permits & rules, we just need some common sense to be applied e.g. trying to enforce parking restrictions by a school on New Year's Day.

Sure, but i was referring more to people needing a space for something unavoidable like moving home.

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 10:30 - Jan 2 with 1596 viewsRadlett_blue

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 09:47 - Jan 2 by jeera

Sure, but i was referring more to people needing a space for something unavoidable like moving home.

If people & officials generally employed common sense, then we wouldn't need rules & permits for people moving home as obviously that's a situation with unusual requirements. I was making a general point, rather than just relating to the specific school parking incident.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024