Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid overflow 20:01 - Jan 1 with 2900 viewschrismakin

Just came in for my night shift and sad to see we have taken overflow covid patients. Whilst the hospice has been set up to take some if needed it's never been the case until now :(

So whilst one floor is end of life care the other are those thankfully out of the worse but needing assistance still

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Covid overflow on 20:03 - Jan 1 with 2296 viewsJ2BLUE

How does that work with you keeping safe? Just constantly masked up etc?

Hope you stay safe.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Covid overflow on 20:07 - Jan 1 with 2270 viewschrismakin

Covid overflow on 20:03 - Jan 1 by J2BLUE

How does that work with you keeping safe? Just constantly masked up etc?

Hope you stay safe.

Being honest it's quite scary. Just about to get my ppe sorted.

On the main ward we have 4 covid positive end of life patients. Let alone the new ones.

At home me and the mrs treat the house separately I basically live in the bedroom and she lives downstairs. Sanitise the hell out of the bathroom and she drops food off in front of our bedroom door. Bless her

Sorry forgot you even answer your question. Yeah masks plus protectors gloves aprons the works. Change clothes upstairs bag them when we finish etc.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2021 20:08]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Covid overflow on 20:08 - Jan 1 with 2234 viewsJ2BLUE

Covid overflow on 20:07 - Jan 1 by chrismakin

On the main ward we have 4 covid positive end of life patients. Let alone the new ones.

At home me and the mrs treat the house separately I basically live in the bedroom and she lives downstairs. Sanitise the hell out of the bathroom and she drops food off in front of our bedroom door. Bless her

Sorry forgot you even answer your question. Yeah masks plus protectors gloves aprons the works. Change clothes upstairs bag them when we finish etc.

Jesus. I hope you're prioritised for the vaccine. That sounds awful.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Covid overflow on 20:10 - Jan 1 with 2214 views26_Paz

That sounds pretty extreme ... are you advised to do that or is it your own initiative?

The Paz Man

Covid overflow on 20:12 - Jan 1 with 2210 viewsvapour_trail

Jesus, that’s horrendous, hope you’re ok and get some normality back sometime soon.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Covid overflow on 20:15 - Jan 1 with 2173 viewsRyorry

Respect. Al the best to you & MrsCM 👍

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Covid overflow on 20:19 - Jan 1 with 2152 viewsBlueBadger

Covid overflow on 20:08 - Jan 1 by J2BLUE

Jesus. I hope you're prioritised for the vaccine. That sounds awful.

Its similar to what I've been doing since March - clothes off at the front door, straight into the machine with them, straight into the shower for me. Bathroom cleaned and THEN say hello to everyone.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Covid overflow on 20:21 - Jan 1 with 2142 viewsronnyd

That's why i'm glad (in a way) that Mum had her End of Life care at home with a live in carer, who was great BTW. Take care of yourself CM.
Login to get fewer ads

Covid overflow on 20:22 - Jan 1 with 2132 viewsvapour_trail

Covid overflow on 20:19 - Jan 1 by BlueBadger

Its similar to what I've been doing since March - clothes off at the front door, straight into the machine with them, straight into the shower for me. Bathroom cleaned and THEN say hello to everyone.

Do they even now not ask you to get dressed before the final part?

Covid overflow on 20:29 - Jan 1 with 2085 viewsRyorry

"clothes off at the front door" -

Don't forget to leave the light on & door open, you might get a community nomination for the next New Year's Honours list ... #ServicesToLiveTheatre

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Covid overflow on 20:31 - Jan 1 with 2080 viewsBlueBadger

Covid overflow on 20:29 - Jan 1 by Ryorry

"clothes off at the front door" -

Don't forget to leave the light on & door open, you might get a community nomination for the next New Year's Honours list ... #ServicesToLiveTheatre

Never mind Thursdays, my neighbours were applauding every time I came home.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Covid overflow on 20:32 - Jan 1 with 2074 viewssuffolkpoker

I don’t work in care but get exposed to customers.

If I go to work, I drop my clothes at my front door and go upstairs and shower everytime.
It’s been my way of knowing I’m not bringing unwanted germs into the house.

Have also been doing this since March...

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Covid overflow on 20:33 - Jan 1 with 2065 viewsBlueBadger

Covid overflow on 20:21 - Jan 1 by ronnyd

That's why i'm glad (in a way) that Mum had her End of Life care at home with a live in carer, who was great BTW. Take care of yourself CM.

If there's one good thing that's come out of all this, it's that more people are dying at home, rather than surrounded by strangers, in hospital beds.

Covid overflow on 20:34 - Jan 1 with 2052 viewsDouble_Dutch

Covid overflow on 20:10 - Jan 1 by 26_Paz

That sounds pretty extreme ... are you advised to do that or is it your own initiative?

Standard practice, not only for NHS and Carers but also other front line workers, such as myself.
Covid overflow on 20:40 - Jan 1 with 2007 views26_Paz

Covid overflow on 20:34 - Jan 1 by Double_Dutch

Standard practice, not only for NHS and Carers but also other front line workers, such as myself.

So you don’t even see your Mrs who you live with?

The Paz Man

Covid overflow on 20:43 - Jan 1 with 1982 viewsStokieBlue

That's some very sensible precautions, especially given the role you are doing.

Is surface/touch transmission still deemed a large risk in the NHS? I can see why it would be given the concentration of covid that could exist in hospitals but for the rest of us it seems the research is possibly indicating that surface transmission is a very low occurance:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30514-2/fullt

It's even lower if cleaning processes are observed. Going forward it can only be a good thing that people in general will likely be more observant of hygiene and simply things like washing their hands regularly.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Covid overflow on 20:46 - Jan 1 with 1962 viewsDouble_Dutch

Covid overflow on 20:40 - Jan 1 by 26_Paz

So you don’t even see your Mrs who you live with?

You can live alone, the same procedure should still apply. You may come home, proceed through your house touching various items, then decide to strip, load the washing machine, take your shower, change into new clothing and, then start to touch the various items that you had before the procedure, hey presto, virus transmission.
Covid overflow on 20:55 - Jan 1 with 1917 views26_Paz

Covid overflow on 20:46 - Jan 1 by Double_Dutch

You can live alone, the same procedure should still apply. You may come home, proceed through your house touching various items, then decide to strip, load the washing machine, take your shower, change into new clothing and, then start to touch the various items that you had before the procedure, hey presto, virus transmission.

I get the clothes washing bit but the OP seemed to be suggesting he effectively isolates from his Mrs by splitting their house in two ... not heard of anyone doing this before

The Paz Man

Covid overflow on 20:56 - Jan 1 with 1897 viewsvapour_trail

Covid overflow on 20:55 - Jan 1 by 26_Paz

I get the clothes washing bit but the OP seemed to be suggesting he effectively isolates from his Mrs by splitting their house in two ... not heard of anyone doing this before

I know people at work who’ve done that whilst isolating for two weeks. This is very different though, clearly. I don’t personally know anyone on the medical frontline, so to speak.

Covid overflow on 21:07 - Jan 1 with 1842 viewsFixed_It

Covid overflow on 20:31 - Jan 1 by BlueBadger

Never mind Thursdays, my neighbours were applauding every time I came home.

Sympathy, not empathy!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Covid overflow on 21:10 - Jan 1 with 1832 viewsDouble_Dutch

Covid overflow on 20:55 - Jan 1 by 26_Paz

You may well find, that if not living alone, people may decide to separate themselves from family members where possible. The removal of clothing, washing clothing, showering, changing, wiping down all contact surfaces, would not prevent an infected person inadvertently passing the virus to someone else within the household, just by breathing, without knowing that is what was actually happening.
Covid overflow on 21:14 - Jan 1 with 1813 viewsBlueBadger

Covid overflow on 20:56 - Jan 1 by vapour_trail

I know people at work who’ve done that whilst isolating for two weeks. This is very different though, clearly. I don’t personally know anyone on the medical frontline, so to speak.

Lad on my team spent 2 months living in hospital accommodation at the height of the first wave, rather than go home and potentially endanger his family.

Covid overflow on 21:16 - Jan 1 with 1796 viewsvapour_trail

Covid overflow on 21:14 - Jan 1 by BlueBadger

Lad on my team spent 2 months living in hospital accommodation at the height of the first wave, rather than go home and potentially endanger his family.

Fair play. Can’t pretend to understand how it’s been.

Hope you’re enjoying the break and getting on it a little bit.

Covid overflow on 21:17 - Jan 1 with 1795 viewsBlueBadger

Covid overflow on 21:16 - Jan 1 by vapour_trail

Fair play. Can’t pretend to understand how it’s been.

Hope you’re enjoying the break and getting on it a little bit.

I'm spending it reading, playing video games, helping the old man walk his dogs, having a Marvel film re-watch and getting pissed.

Covid overflow on 21:20 - Jan 1 with 1772 viewsvapour_trail

Covid overflow on 21:17 - Jan 1 by BlueBadger

I'm spending it reading, playing video games, helping the old man walk his dogs, having a Marvel film re-watch and getting pissed.

Excellent.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024