Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Pogba penalty decision last night 09:06 - Jan 2 with 2006 viewsChrisd

If that is deemed a penalty you know the game has officially gone.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

The Pogba penalty decision last night on 09:20 - Jan 2 with 1956 viewsGarv

The game officially 'went' a fair while back, in my opinion.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

The Pogba penalty decision last night on 09:22 - Jan 2 with 1952 viewsBlueStreak

The guy tried to play the ball from the wrong side and fouled Pogba. Very poor defending. You see fouls given all over the pitch for the type of tackle where a player tried to knick it. Definite pen for me.
The Pogba penalty decision last night on 09:25 - Jan 2 with 1938 views26_Paz

The Pogba penalty decision last night on 09:22 - Jan 2 by BlueStreak

The guy tried to play the ball from the wrong side and fouled Pogba. Very poor defending. You see fouls given all over the pitch for the type of tackle where a player tried to knick it. Definite pen for me.

Soft as, BlueStreak, soft as!

The Paz Man

The Pogba penalty decision last night on 09:29 - Jan 2 with 1927 viewsBlueStreak

The Pogba penalty decision last night on 09:25 - Jan 2 by 26_Paz

Soft as, BlueStreak, soft as!

Technically poor from Luiz. Should be standing Pogba up there not trying to win the ball. Caused him to trip. It’s a foul every day of the week, just because it’s in the area doesn’t make it any difference. It’s a foul it’s a pen. On the subject, infuriating to see so many players committing themselves in the box, Kyle Walker being the absolute worst. Defending is becoming a secondary skills for full backs now a days, the all want to be TAA.
The Pogba penalty decision last night on 09:34 - Jan 2 with 1918 viewsChrisd

Incredibly, it looks even softer watching this footage. Time for Gary Neville to get glasses too.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2021 9:35]

The Pogba penalty decision last night on 09:37 - Jan 2 with 1904 viewsm14_blue

He didn’t trip him, he didn’t pull his shirt, there was just a very minor coming together, initiated by Pogba.
The Pogba penalty decision last night on 09:45 - Jan 2 with 1879 viewsRadlett_blue

The Pogba penalty decision last night on 09:34 - Jan 2 by Chrisd

Incredibly, it looks even softer watching this footage. Time for Gary Neville to get glasses too.

Gary Neville already has glasses. Unfortunately, they are red tinted.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The Pogba penalty decision last night on 09:45 - Jan 2 with 1882 viewsBlueStreak

The Pogba penalty decision last night on 09:37 - Jan 2 by m14_blue

He didn’t trip him, he didn’t pull his shirt, there was just a very minor coming together, initiated by Pogba.

Look at the left foot of Luiz. He tries to win it at makes contact. Not played the ball it is a pen. Very poor defending, just stand your man up ffs he’s going across the area. Naive.
Login to get fewer ads

The Pogba penalty decision last night on 09:46 - Jan 2 with 1871 viewsmikeybloo88

VAR! What is it good for? Absolutely nothing...say it again
The Pogba penalty decision last night on 09:56 - Jan 2 with 1846 viewsWacko

I absolutely detest Man U but that's a pen. Classic schoolboy trip tactic hitting your victim's foot onto his other one (although in this case it wasn't deliberate)
[Post edited 2 Jan 2021 9:56]

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

The Pogba penalty decision last night on 10:00 - Jan 2 with 1825 views26_Paz

The Pogba penalty decision last night on 09:29 - Jan 2 by BlueStreak

Technically poor from Luiz. Should be standing Pogba up there not trying to win the ball. Caused him to trip. It’s a foul every day of the week, just because it’s in the area doesn’t make it any difference. It’s a foul it’s a pen. On the subject, infuriating to see so many players committing themselves in the box, Kyle Walker being the absolute worst. Defending is becoming a secondary skills for full backs now a days, the all want to be TAA.

My view of the incident was maybe clouded by the fact that my 2 closest challengers for last place in our fantasy league had captained fernandes and I didn’t even have him ...
Agree re defending ... they don’t make them like the streak anymore!
[Post edited 2 Jan 2021 10:01]

The Paz Man

The Pogba penalty decision last night on 10:02 - Jan 2 with 1807 viewsm14_blue

The Pogba penalty decision last night on 09:45 - Jan 2 by BlueStreak

Look at the left foot of Luiz. He tries to win it at makes contact. Not played the ball it is a pen. Very poor defending, just stand your man up ffs he’s going across the area. Naive.

Poor defending, yes. But that doesn’t mean it’s a foul.

I hate the idea that by getting the wrong side, or dangling a foot, the defender is to blame and a dive is fair enough and ‘clever play’ by the attacker.

Not specifically talking about this one, it’s far from the softest I’ve seen this season, but this epidemic of nothing penalty decisions deciding games is yet another thing turning me off premier league football.

The rules urgently need changing, it shouldn’t matter if there’s ‘contact’ unless it actually impedes the attacker. Players shouldn’t get to decide what’s a foul by throwing themselves down and relying on VAR to zoom in and find a brush on an attacker’s shin.
The Pogba penalty decision last night on 10:05 - Jan 2 with 1800 viewsChrisd

The Pogba penalty decision last night on 09:45 - Jan 2 by BlueStreak

It appears Pogba's left foot catches the Villa player's right leg and then that ultimately causes him to trip himself up. It's an incredibly soft decision. Very similar to when an attack is trying to deliberately get their foot or leg caught by the defender in the penalty box. What was also interesting, Luke Shaw made a run into the box during the second half, he'd got the wrong side of the defender but didn't go down under the contact in the penalty box and stayed on his feet as he'd slightly overrun the ball. Pogba was on the edge of the area making a gesture with his hand to Shaw he should've dived.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2021 10:08]

The Pogba penalty decision last night on 10:11 - Jan 2 with 1783 viewsnoggin

Looks like Pogba's left foot clips his own right calf and he falls over. Cheating imo.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2021 10:37]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

The Pogba penalty decision last night on 10:13 - Jan 2 with 1777 viewsBlueStreak

The Pogba penalty decision last night on 10:05 - Jan 2 by Chrisd

It appears Pogba's left foot catches the Villa player's right leg and then that ultimately causes him to trip himself up. It's an incredibly soft decision. Very similar to when an attack is trying to deliberately get their foot or leg caught by the defender in the penalty box. What was also interesting, Luke Shaw made a run into the box during the second half, he'd got the wrong side of the defender but didn't go down under the contact in the penalty box and stayed on his feet as he'd slightly overrun the ball. Pogba was on the edge of the area making a gesture with his hand to Shaw he should've dived.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2021 10:08]

I saw that actually. When it incident happened I thought this could be a pen here. Matty Cash was the wrong side I think and if Shaw had gone down it would have been a pen. Again very poor defending. This is why players have to go down as referees won’t give a foul if players stay on their feet. It’s not right, but if that’s the only way referees will give decisions?
The Pogba penalty decision last night on 10:24 - Jan 2 with 1726 viewsSwansea_Blue

The Pogba penalty decision last night on 09:34 - Jan 2 by Chrisd

Should never be a pen.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The Pogba penalty decision last night on 10:26 - Jan 2 with 1718 viewsGarv

The Pogba penalty decision last night on 10:02 - Jan 2 by m14_blue

I hate the idea that by getting the wrong side, or dangling a foot, the defender is to blame and a dive is fair enough and ‘clever play’ by the attacker.

Not specifically talking about this one, it’s far from the softest I’ve seen this season, but this epidemic of nothing penalty decisions deciding games is yet another thing turning me off premier league football.

The rules urgently need changing, it shouldn’t matter if there’s ‘contact’ unless it actually impedes the attacker. Players shouldn’t get to decide what’s a foul by throwing themselves down and relying on VAR to zoom in and find a brush on an attacker’s shin.

'this epidemic of nothing penalty decisions deciding games'

This is the massive thing for me. yes we want to see goals and high scoring games, but not constantly via a free kick from 12 yards. There's often talk of fouls not being given when maybe they should have but the bigger issue is fouls that have been given that shouldn't have, especially when the attacker is nowhere near the goal and not looking particularly threatening, like Pogba last night.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

The Pogba penalty decision last night on 10:27 - Jan 2 with 1710 viewsRadlett_blue

The Pogba penalty decision last night on 10:02 - Jan 2 by m14_blue

The real issue is that awarding a penalty kick is a 75% chance of a goal & nowadays a spot kick is awarded for offences where a goal being scored is only a remote possibility. The same goes for the near nonsensical "handball" decisions now being given. Players know the value of a penalty so they will go down at the slightest contact & as professionals, you can't really blame them.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The Pogba penalty decision last night on 10:48 - Jan 2 with 1657 viewsstrikalite

The Pogba penalty decision last night on 10:27 - Jan 2 by Radlett_blue

The real issue is that awarding a penalty kick is a 75% chance of a goal & nowadays a spot kick is awarded for offences where a goal being scored is only a remote possibility. The same goes for the near nonsensical "handball" decisions now being given. Players know the value of a penalty so they will go down at the slightest contact & as professionals, you can't really blame them.

Said it before, the game needs changing, the first thing I'd do is to make the penalty area smaller, lets see who stays on their feet then because at the moment just inside the area on the flanks especially there is a massive incentive(a pen)to go down..
The Pogba penalty decision last night on 10:53 - Jan 2 with 1647 viewsFtnfwest

It’s mad. People analysing whether there’s fractional contact in a situation like that when they’re practically rugby tackling each other at corners.
The Pogba penalty decision last night on 10:55 - Jan 2 with 1629 viewstractorboy1978

The Pogba penalty decision last night on 10:48 - Jan 2 by strikalite

Said it before, the game needs changing, the first thing I'd do is to make the penalty area smaller, lets see who stays on their feet then because at the moment just inside the area on the flanks especially there is a massive incentive(a pen)to go down..

I've been saying this for a while too. A free shot from 12 yards out is a totally disproportionate punishment for a soft, innocuous foul/handball close to the edges of the penalty area. And we've made the bar for what constitutes an infringement of the rules lower and lower over the years.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2021 10:57]
The Pogba penalty decision last night on 14:09 - Jan 2 with 1379 viewsTrequartista

The game went when a foul changed from impeding a player to touching a player.

If a player doesn't go down when touched in the box and would have got a penalty if he had, the game is a farce, it has to revert to impeded.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

The Pogba penalty decision last night on 15:47 - Jan 2 with 1297 views66notout

The Pogba penalty decision last night on 10:27 - Jan 2 by Radlett_blue

Surely it depends on who is taking the penalty as to the percentage chance of scoring. In which case, bearing in mind Fernandes’ record from the spot, the decision to award the penalty presented United with a near-100 per cent chance of scoring. A bit like how we ‘knew’ Warky would score back in the day.
The Pogba penalty decision last night on 17:12 - Jan 2 with 1244 viewsWickets

The Pogba penalty decision last night on 09:37 - Jan 2 by m14_blue

Indeed Pogda kicked his calf and down he goes !
The Pogba penalty decision last night on 17:24 - Jan 2 with 1224 viewsClareBlue

well I presumed that VAR would reveal he has been taken out by a snipper by the way he went down, but apparently not
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024