Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That Ryanair "Jab and go" advert... 18:36 - Jan 2 with 1747 viewsbluewein

Immensely vile.

(I'm aware it's Ryanair, but still...)

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

That Ryanair "Jab and go" advert... on 00:15 - Jan 3 with 1489 viewsshefki86

Thought the exact same as soon as i saw it

Poll: How do we all see it after today?

That Ryanair "Jab and go" advert... on 00:36 - Jan 3 with 1451 viewsDubtractor

Horrible isn't it?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

That Ryanair "Jab and go" advert... on 01:59 - Jan 3 with 1407 viewsSpruceMoose

As far as advertising campaigns go, I'm not sure how necessary it is seeing as plenty of folk were more than happy to go on holiday without a jab anyway!
[Post edited 3 Jan 2021 2:19]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

That Ryanair "Jab and go" advert... on 09:08 - Jan 3 with 1227 viewsStokieBlue

That Ryanair "Jab and go" advert... on 01:59 - Jan 3 by SpruceMoose

As far as advertising campaigns go, I'm not sure how necessary it is seeing as plenty of folk were more than happy to go on holiday without a jab anyway!
[Post edited 3 Jan 2021 2:19]

The only good that could come of this is that a lot of people might only consider getting vaccinated because of this.

However it's crass and in bad taste so pretty much sums up Ryanair in general.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

That Ryanair "Jab and go" advert... on 14:02 - Jan 3 with 1040 viewsClareBlue

That Ryanair "Jab and go" advert... on 09:08 - Jan 3 by StokieBlue

The only good that could come of this is that a lot of people might only consider getting vaccinated because of this.

However it's crass and in bad taste so pretty much sums up Ryanair in general.

SB

easy to have a go at a company that made travel accessible to millions, employs thousands of people, pays it taxes and doesn't go off shore, brought competition into the airline industry, and probably does more for freedom of movement within Europe than the precious EU Commission ever did,

but, hey, whatever it's just a crass company that operates in bad taste

I presume you can remember when flights between Dublin and London were the cost of a months pay on minimum wage
That Ryanair "Jab and go" advert... on 14:09 - Jan 3 with 1027 viewsfooters

That Ryanair "Jab and go" advert... on 14:02 - Jan 3 by ClareBlue

easy to have a go at a company that made travel accessible to millions, employs thousands of people, pays it taxes and doesn't go off shore, brought competition into the airline industry, and probably does more for freedom of movement within Europe than the precious EU Commission ever did,

I presume you can remember when flights between Dublin and London were the cost of a months pay on minimum wage

Ryanair's marketing department is pretty well-known in the industry. They employ recent graduates and are told by O'Leary to make their ads as crass and tabloid as possible.

You're a Christian, aren't you? What did you make of their advert about the Pope?

It's a crude strategy but it is very effective. Case in point we're talking about Ryanair right now.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

That Ryanair "Jab and go" advert... on 14:19 - Jan 3 with 1006 viewsStokieBlue

That Ryanair "Jab and go" advert... on 14:02 - Jan 3 by ClareBlue

There were 4 posts in this thread attacking Ryanair but nice you decided to single mine out.

You are defending a company which has promoted that people take advantage of any small opportunity to travel during a pandemic. They care nothing for the "millions" they have made travel accessible for, they care solely about their bottom line.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/ryanair-christmas-flight-sa

They have been flying "ghost flights" in the pandemic, essentially flights which are empty which is totally ridiculous given climate change:

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/ryanair-flights-cancelled-e

As for paying their tax:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/oct/03/ryanair-pilots-hmrc-investigati

https://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/41949/ryanair-faces-allegation-of-tax-ev

They have had numerous investigations into their working practices including under-paying their staff and forcing them to use their services or buy their own uniforms.

Sure, everyone can get to places cheaply now but perhaps the end doesn't justify the means?

Whichever way you look at it I think it's hard to classify their adverts as anything other than crass regardless whatever else you think of the company.

SB
[Post edited 3 Jan 2021 14:20]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

That Ryanair "Jab and go" advert... on 14:20 - Jan 3 with 1002 viewsBluefish

I haven't seen the advert but I don't see the issue in saying jab and go. The jab and go banner seems to be removed from the app today though

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024