Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not sure Junior Slave is mine! 20:32 - Jan 4 with 2266 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

GCSE's cancelled and she's devastated!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 20:34 - Jan 4 with 2258 viewsbluelagos

Kids these days.

Anyhow, you are home schooling tomorrow. Hope you have your lesson plans done.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 20:37 - Jan 4 with 2245 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 20:34 - Jan 4 by bluelagos

Kids these days.

I am officially a gardener/carer now....she's going in!

Edit...I have sent her to her room though to write out lines due to her ridiculous attitude.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 20:39]

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 21:03 - Jan 4 with 2201 viewsFixed_It

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 20:34 - Jan 4 by bluelagos

Kids these days.

Teachers will be teaching online so no need for home lesson plans. I don't know of one teacher who prefers this way of teaching btw.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 21:06 - Jan 4 with 2188 viewsDubtractor

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 21:03 - Jan 4 by Fixed_It

Teachers will be teaching online so no need for home lesson plans. I don't know of one teacher who prefers this way of teaching btw.

Mrs Dub is a teacher and she found the remote teaching - and managing relationships with parents - seriously stressful during lockdown one.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 21:12 - Jan 4 with 2182 viewsTractorWood

A lot of people who realise that the majority of high school and 6th form is totally focussed on the exam skills, revision, mocks and parrot learning to pass exams will probably totally check out.

If someone told me 5 months before my A levels that I was just getting my predicted grades, I'd totally check out. Wouldn't bother even attempting to engage. It was a struggle enough to make it to 11am Geography even with exams looming back in the day.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 21:57 - Jan 4 with 2112 viewsStokieBlue

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 21:12 - Jan 4 by TractorWood

A lot of people who realise that the majority of high school and 6th form is totally focussed on the exam skills, revision, mocks and parrot learning to pass exams will probably totally check out.

If someone told me 5 months before my A levels that I was just getting my predicted grades, I'd totally check out. Wouldn't bother even attempting to engage. It was a struggle enough to make it to 11am Geography even with exams looming back in the day.

Surely your predicted grades would be based on your classwork though so if you didn't put the effort in your predicted grades would be poor and thus your final result would be poor.

Not that I can talk, I knew I could pass so Premier Pool used to call to me quite frequently. I did manage to get my snooker breaks above 50 though which was nice.

SB
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 21:58]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 22:22 - Jan 4 with 2063 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I am sorry for her. It must be very tough. As others have said, she will get what she deserves from teacher assessment I am sure. I am sure they know her well enough and if she feels she needs a better grade than they are likely to give, a good engagement with teachers showing she is doing what she can will help convince them she is higher rather than lower in the ranking.

The sooner this situation is over the better. It is terrible for staff as well as students. Mental health is shot all around - although I maintain that is off the back of how poor it was before. I also maintain that following the science earlier would have been far preferable as well.

Is she clear on what she is doing next year?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 22:34 - Jan 4 with 2050 viewsjudespiveyg

Nah I totally get that, I had my A Levels cancelled last year and I felt kind of disappointed I wasn't able to sit them and 'earn' them. I got A*AA which was fair but I kind of wish I could have sat them, think I had a shot of doing even better.
Think you've mentioned that your daughter is at the same school I was at, would be interested to know what they're doing teaching wise if exams are cancelled.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Login to get fewer ads

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 22:40 - Jan 4 with 2037 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 22:34 - Jan 4 by judespiveyg

Nah I totally get that, I had my A Levels cancelled last year and I felt kind of disappointed I wasn't able to sit them and 'earn' them. I got A*AA which was fair but I kind of wish I could have sat them, think I had a shot of doing even better.
Think you've mentioned that your daughter is at the same school I was at, would be interested to know what they're doing teaching wise if exams are cancelled.

I am a school teacher and am interested to know the answer to that question too!

To be fair, they haven't categorically stated cancelled and, if there is teacher assessment we need to encourage them to show us they can do better than we currently have in mind. Maybe we can do preparation for post exams.

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 22:46 - Jan 4 with 2010 viewsWallingford_Boy

They aren't officially cancelled yet.

Just hope she did well in her mocks as that's what they will be using.

RIP Sir Bobby

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 23:31 - Jan 4 with 1955 viewsPendejo

If they go predicted grades; youngest offspring has Bs for her A Levels, she wanted to be able to go for As.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 08:04 - Jan 5 with 1850 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 22:22 - Jan 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am sorry for her. It must be very tough. As others have said, she will get what she deserves from teacher assessment I am sure. I am sure they know her well enough and if she feels she needs a better grade than they are likely to give, a good engagement with teachers showing she is doing what she can will help convince them she is higher rather than lower in the ranking.

The sooner this situation is over the better. It is terrible for staff as well as students. Mental health is shot all around - although I maintain that is off the back of how poor it was before. I also maintain that following the science earlier would have been far preferable as well.

Is she clear on what she is doing next year?

Tbh she never ceases to amaze me, her commitment to learning and revising for mocks through all of this has been admirable. If anything she puts too much pressure on herself to do herself justice in exams which I was worried would impact her performance ....hence my surprise at her disappointment. Teacher assessments should serve her well, it must just be the cumulative result of uncertainty that was the root of her meltdown.
She is on the Sociology/psychology path so hopefully she can beat the robots...!
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 8:10]

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 08:06 - Jan 5 with 1848 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Will let you know....hopefully better than last time!

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 08:08 - Jan 5 with 1843 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 22:46 - Jan 4 by Wallingford_Boy

They aren't officially cancelled yet.

Just hope she did well in her mocks as that's what they will be using.

They just got cancelled!! The mocks that is.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 8:11]

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 17:46 - Jan 5 with 1767 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So today's attempted science lesson first thing was abandoned due to technical stuff.....freezing!!
The following English lesson had 4 people log on....so not promising for day 1.

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 17:54 - Jan 5 with 1762 viewsgiant_stow

My son's primary online class had to do something about the new year. One of the questions to answer on their worksheet was: this year I want... ' the answers are fairly heartbreaking (seen on WhatsApp) :
Covid to end
See my family
Have some fun
have less isolation
Covid to stop.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 17:57 - Jan 5 with 1760 viewsSpruceMoose

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 21:03 - Jan 4 by Fixed_It

Ms Moose is a teacher and I agree. She, and her colleagues, would be in school tomorrow if it was safe. She genuinely misses the time spent with the children in her class.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 17:58 - Jan 5 with 1759 viewsSpruceMoose

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 21:06 - Jan 4 by Dubtractor

Mrs Dub is a teacher and she found the remote teaching - and managing relationships with parents - seriously stressful during lockdown one.

Any interest in forming a Partners of Teachers support group Dubbers?!
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 17:58]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 18:57 - Jan 5 with 1738 viewschrismakin

My son is feeling similar

Not GCSE age. But at 13 hes really started to come into his own. He loves learning Etc

It's been 2 days and now lockdown and all he has been given from his school is 2 small pieces of homework from his English and Math teacher.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 19:07 - Jan 5 with 1726 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 18:57 - Jan 5 by chrismakin

My son is feeling similar

Not GCSE age. But at 13 hes really started to come into his own. He loves learning Etc

It's been 2 days and now lockdown and all he has been given from his school is 2 small pieces of homework from his English and Math teacher.

That is not good. There are loads of resources online - try Oak National Academy. However, I would also contact the school with a gently-worded e-mail to explain that you are hoping for a little more but that you also understand the situation is difficult for everyone.

I hope your son does well with all the challenges this brings. If you need more direction to specific resources let me know. I teach science to his age group.

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 19:13 - Jan 5 with 1714 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 19:07 - Jan 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

That is not good. There are loads of resources online - try Oak National Academy. However, I would also contact the school with a gently-worded e-mail to explain that you are hoping for a little more but that you also understand the situation is difficult for everyone.

I hope your son does well with all the challenges this brings. If you need more direction to specific resources let me know. I teach science to his age group.

Just heard that CBeebies and BBC 2 are starting 6 hours per day of educational stuff!
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/jan/05/bbc-educational-cbbc-uk-covid-lock
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 21:00]

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 19:15 - Jan 5 with 1711 viewsDubtractor

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 17:58 - Jan 5 by SpruceMoose

Any interest in forming a Partners of Teachers support group Dubbers?!
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 17:58]

Let's do this!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 20:09 - Jan 5 with 1686 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Not sure Junior Slave is mine! on 19:15 - Jan 5 by Dubtractor

Let's do this!

Stop pretending you have a partner now Dubbers!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024