Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quantifying how dangerous the new variant is? 20:37 - Jan 4 with 767 viewsgiant_stow

Has anyone read anything in detail about personal safety measures re the new variant? Ie, if we were told to stand 2 metres apart before, is it likely the advice might need to change? Or is it too early for that sort of info?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Quantifying how dangerous the new variant is? on 20:42 - Jan 4 with 745 viewslowhouseblue

the public health people i deal with have been adamant that the hands, face, space stuff works just as well with the new variant. the physical transmission mechanisms are no different. it doesn't fly further etc. it's what it does once it's got to you that makes it more infectious. but equally, the fact it is more infectious once it reaches you is a case for following the hands, face, space rules even more strictly.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 20:43]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Quantifying how dangerous the new variant is? on 20:42 - Jan 4 with 727 viewsJ2BLUE

Early reports in America suggest we start shooting at the air and calling the virus a snowflake.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Quantifying how dangerous the new variant is? on 20:46 - Jan 4 with 681 viewsgiant_stow

Quantifying how dangerous the new variant is? on 20:42 - Jan 4 by lowhouseblue

the public health people i deal with have been adamant that the hands, face, space stuff works just as well with the new variant. the physical transmission mechanisms are no different. it doesn't fly further etc. it's what it does once it's got to you that makes it more infectious. but equally, the fact it is more infectious once it reaches you is a case for following the hands, face, space rules even more strictly.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 20:43]

Interesting stuff, ta.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Quantifying how dangerous the new variant is? on 21:48 - Jan 4 with 594 viewsronnyd

Read somewhere that there are concerns regarding the variant coming out of South Africa. Sorry, can't do links.
Quantifying how dangerous the new variant is? on 01:11 - Jan 5 with 448 viewspointofblue

Quantifying how dangerous the new variant is? on 21:48 - Jan 4 by ronnyd

Read somewhere that there are concerns regarding the variant coming out of South Africa. Sorry, can't do links.

It may be slightly more resilient to the vaccine which means it will need to be adapted. I don’t think it has a higher illness or mortality rate, as far as they can tell.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024