Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good 20:50 - Jan 4 with 2635 viewsIllinoisblue

Prob a bit of both. No way Liverpool win the league this year.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 20:53 - Jan 4 with 2359 viewsAce_High1

Who will though?

No stand out teams all struggling for form and injuries.

If Liverpool can still be up there, get Gomez and a few others back (thin VVD is out for the season?) then they will only get better.
Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 20:54 - Jan 4 with 2348 viewsElderGrizzly

They won’t unless they address the CB issue in January. Two fairly short CMs playing CB tonight.

Credit for Southampton in taking the game to them
Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 21:00 - Jan 4 with 2320 viewsIllinoisblue

Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 20:53 - Jan 4 by Ace_High1

Who will though?

No stand out teams all struggling for form and injuries.

If Liverpool can still be up there, get Gomez and a few others back (thin VVD is out for the season?) then they will only get better.

As I said last week, Man Utd for me.

62 - 78 - 81

Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 21:02 - Jan 4 with 2317 viewsAce_High1

Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 21:00 - Jan 4 by Illinoisblue

Not good enough at the back or upfront for me.

Take Fernandes out and they do not play.

Rashford/Martial not a number 9 - Cavani still not made much of an impact.

Also Solskjaer is really not a good manger, will get found out in the big games.
Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 21:05 - Jan 4 with 2314 viewsvapour_trail

Southampton are a good side to watch, they play decent football. They were in our position a decade or so ago.

City win the league for me, they’re just getting going again now.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 21:17 - Jan 4 with 2273 viewsSeablu

Liverpool will end up beating Southampton tonight.
Saints blow the most points from winning positions.
Liverpool will also retain the title.
Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 21:45 - Jan 4 with 2223 viewsIllinoisblue

Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 21:17 - Jan 4 by Seablu

Doubt it. Defensive masterclass from Saints so far

62 - 78 - 81

Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 21:46 - Jan 4 with 2216 viewsgiant_stow

Arsenal to win the league

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 21:46 - Jan 4 with 2220 viewsIllinoisblue

Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 21:02 - Jan 4 by Ace_High1

Not good enough at the back or upfront for me.

Take Fernandes out and they do not play.

Rashford/Martial not a number 9 - Cavani still not made much of an impact.

Also Solskjaer is really not a good manger, will get found out in the big games.

You could say that about any club though; take < best player > out and they’ll struggle. Utd have goals in them and don’t seem defensively worse than any other challenger

62 - 78 - 81

Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 21:49 - Jan 4 with 2211 viewsm14_blue

Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 21:00 - Jan 4 by Illinoisblue

I rubbished that at the time but Liverpool (probably) dropping points in 3 consecutive games, against WBA, Newcastle and Southampton, does suggest it’s wide open this year.

I still think United are a bit rubbish, have been hugely fortunate and Solskjaer is largely clueless but everyone else looks a bit rubbish too.

Stranger things have happened.
Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 21:56 - Jan 4 with 2202 viewsEastTownBlue

Always good to play a short corner when the final whistle is imminent.

Hit directly into the box or pass it around outside the area ?
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 21:57]
Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 21:59 - Jan 4 with 2184 viewsvapour_trail

Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 21:17 - Jan 4 by Seablu

Not playing like that they won’t.

Very impressive from Southampton, lots of good youngsters as well. Really like the look of Diallo.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 22:20 - Jan 4 with 2123 viewsbluewein

Useless stat of the night: With today's win against Liverpool, Southampton become the only Premier League team ever to defeat each of the seven champions of England (Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Blackburn, Leicester, and Liverpool) at a point when they were the reigning champion.

You're all welcome...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 22:24 - Jan 4 with 2101 viewsgainsboroughblue

Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 22:20 - Jan 4 by bluewein

Useless stat of the night: With today's win against Liverpool, Southampton become the only Premier League team ever to defeat each of the seven champions of England (Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Blackburn, Leicester, and Liverpool) at a point when they were the reigning champion.

You're all welcome...

That's a ruddy good stat. I'm nicking that for when I do my next pub quiz.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 23:24 - Jan 4 with 1994 viewsWacko

Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 21:46 - Jan 4 by Illinoisblue

You could say that about any club though; take < best player > out and they’ll struggle. Utd have goals in them and don’t seem defensively worse than any other challenger

Liverpool are top of the league without theirs

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 08:30 - Jan 5 with 1795 viewsChrisd

One thing is for sure, there's a genuine title race on for a number of EPL sides. Just look how congested that top 7/8 is. Good for the game, instead of the same two sides challenging.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 11:21 - Jan 5 with 1671 viewsRadlett_blue

Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 21:56 - Jan 4 by EastTownBlue

Always good to play a short corner when the final whistle is imminent.

Hit directly into the box or pass it around outside the area ?
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 21:57]

The sort of thing you would only expect a Lambert coached team to do.
Liverpool have looked out of sorts in their last 3 games & notably their much feared 3 front men have looked particularly lack lustre. Last night, admittedly against a decent Southampton team, they weren't even making chances. Maybe the crammed season plus Klopp's policy of not rotating his best players is catching up?
If I were him, I would rest a few players for the Villa cup tie & hope to return with all guns blazing when they face Man U.
Good for the game to see a tight PL table plus 2 unfancied sides up there (though Leicester have been decent under Rodgers, whom I thought was a great appointment).

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 11:24 - Jan 5 with 1658 viewssnudge27

Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 11:21 - Jan 5 by Radlett_blue

The sort of thing you would only expect a Lambert coached team to do.
Liverpool have looked out of sorts in their last 3 games & notably their much feared 3 front men have looked particularly lack lustre. Last night, admittedly against a decent Southampton team, they weren't even making chances. Maybe the crammed season plus Klopp's policy of not rotating his best players is catching up?
If I were him, I would rest a few players for the Villa cup tie & hope to return with all guns blazing when they face Man U.
Good for the game to see a tight PL table plus 2 unfancied sides up there (though Leicester have been decent under Rodgers, whom I thought was a great appointment).

Klopp seems determined to try and prove a point about fixture congestion and a refusal to increase the number of substitutes, so I'm not really surprised that he's refusing to rotate the squad.

Poll: Who is the best Lord?

Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 11:27 - Jan 5 with 1650 viewsclive_baker

I think United are so close to being really good. It feels like they're on the verge of something.

Anyone but Liverpool.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 11:28 - Jan 5 with 1643 viewssnudge27

Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 11:27 - Jan 5 by clive_baker

I think United are so close to being really good. It feels like they're on the verge of something.

Anyone but Liverpool.

Although I can see that particular house of cards coming tumbling down if anything happens to Fernandes...

Poll: Who is the best Lord?

I'd lost interest in the Premier League on 11:36 - Jan 5 with 1624 viewsunstableblue

Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 08:30 - Jan 5 by Chrisd

One thing is for sure, there's a genuine title race on for a number of EPL sides. Just look how congested that top 7/8 is. Good for the game, instead of the same two sides challenging.

..... but I am really enjoying it this season.

Games seem to have more energy and attacking intent, whilst also the level of technical ability of the players (including the English) and technical/tactical set-up of the players is of a really high standard.

Teams like Leeds, Southampton, Leicester, Wolves and Aston Villa are making a real difference to the mix. Saints outfought and outplayed Liverpool overall last night.

Much needed in the lock down, especially with Ipswich playing so intermittently, and with such little tactical/technical acumen on display.

Who do you think will win the Premier League? I'm thinking Man City. But expect Man U to buy large, and perhaps mount a challenge. Rashford, Fernandes, Pogba and Martial are that good and playing into form.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 11:40 - Jan 5 with 1617 viewsclive_baker

Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 11:28 - Jan 5 by snudge27

Although I can see that particular house of cards coming tumbling down if anything happens to Fernandes...

They're definitely reliant on him, but if Pogba gets his mojo back that'll take some of the pressure off, plus van de Beek who hasn't got going yet, he's class. Even Fred is starting to look like the player they paid so much for. They're dangerous going forward with Rashford, Martial, Greenwood to come in. I don't think they'll win the league, I still make Liverpool and City favourites but I do think United could be on the verge of something. The Liverpool game will be interesting in a couple of weeks.

Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 11:43 - Jan 5 with 1611 viewsRadlett_blue

Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 11:24 - Jan 5 by snudge27

Klopp seems determined to try and prove a point about fixture congestion and a refusal to increase the number of substitutes, so I'm not really surprised that he's refusing to rotate the squad.

While Klopp has been one of the most vocal about wanting more subs, it's bizarre that he often doesn't use them until late or not at all.
Playing Salah for 90 minutes of a CL dead rubber & also bringing on Firmino & Mane as late subs was even more baffling.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

I'd lost interest in the Premier League on 11:43 - Jan 5 with 1610 viewsclive_baker

I'd lost interest in the Premier League on 11:36 - Jan 5 by unstableblue

..... but I am really enjoying it this season.

Games seem to have more energy and attacking intent, whilst also the level of technical ability of the players (including the English) and technical/tactical set-up of the players is of a really high standard.

Teams like Leeds, Southampton, Leicester, Wolves and Aston Villa are making a real difference to the mix. Saints outfought and outplayed Liverpool overall last night.

Much needed in the lock down, especially with Ipswich playing so intermittently, and with such little tactical/technical acumen on display.

Who do you think will win the Premier League? I'm thinking Man City. But expect Man U to buy large, and perhaps mount a challenge. Rashford, Fernandes, Pogba and Martial are that good and playing into form.

Not to mention Grealish...

Can’t tell if Liverpool are bad or if Southampton are really good on 12:20 - Jan 5 with 1582 viewsLankHenners

Hasenhuttl is an outstanding coach, one of the best in the whole division and would be a natural successor to Klopp in a few years.

Think Liverpool still have enough to pick up wins consistently enough to win the league. Utd are on a hot streak with their better players really shining - they're a team of great individual talent but have never known how to use it (Pogba a prime example), and still only play a very particular way which is bringing success but makes them susceptible to being 'out thought'. Bruno Fernandes turning out to be genuinely world class has helped them quite a bit. On the evidence of the last few games Pep seems to have got City operating closer to normal again but possibly still rely on De Bruyne too much.

After everything everyone's been through, can't help but fell Mourinho sh!thousing his way to another title is the right thing to happen.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024