Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everyone loved my phone call 03:26 - Jan 5 with 929 viewsIllinoisblue

Yes, Donald, we sure did. The balls on this guy.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

An interesting aspect to this, on 08:58 - Jan 5 with 741 viewsGuthrum

which nobody seems to be mentioning, is the unexpectedly poor Democrat performance in southern Florida and parts of Texas. Were officials leant on in the same way as Raffensperger, but buckled under the pressure?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

An interesting aspect to this, on 09:21 - Jan 5 with 683 viewsblueislander

An interesting aspect to this, on 08:58 - Jan 5 by Guthrum

which nobody seems to be mentioning, is the unexpectedly poor Democrat performance in southern Florida and parts of Texas. Were officials leant on in the same way as Raffensperger, but buckled under the pressure?

Surely not.? Unthinkable!
Everyone loved my phone call on 10:22 - Jan 5 with 618 viewsazuremerlangus

As mad as he seems to appear he knows that he has a sizeable amount of supporters who believe him - and that in itself worries me more about 21st century media than anything else.

Are we in a period of reverse enlightenment?

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Everyone loved my phone call on 10:33 - Jan 5 with 588 viewsChrisd

The bloke is a complete weapon, the sooner he is out of office the better. I can’t wait until his official time is up, I really want to see his sorry backside physically kicked out of The White House. He’s a complete embarrassment to the USA and what’s more incredible is that over 70 million people voted for him, which is a very sad state of affairs.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Everyone loved my phone call on 10:36 - Jan 5 with 576 viewsBlueBadger

Everyone loved my phone call on 10:22 - Jan 5 by azuremerlangus

As mad as he seems to appear he knows that he has a sizeable amount of supporters who believe him - and that in itself worries me more about 21st century media than anything else.

We have been doing that since 2016 when we declared that we'd had enough of 'so-called experts'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Everyone loved my phone call on 11:33 - Jan 5 with 522 viewsDarth_Koont

Everyone loved my phone call on 10:22 - Jan 5 by azuremerlangus

No. Collectively, I think we’re better informed than ever before. And more progressive.

We’re seeing the last bitter fight as the reactionaries try to hold onto the old world order of the 20th century. Combined with over 40s who haven’t grasped how social media works or how easy it is for anyone to self-publish on the Internet.

Since the Enlightenment and religion-backed monarchies started to lose their absolute power we’ve seen centuries of moving in a more rational and equitable direction for human beings. Sure, there are pockets of resistance and uncertainty causes people to regress into authoritarian or totalitarian regimes but these are localised, moments in time. But harnessing the collective resources of our imagination and efforts there’s no doubt that the world is getting better for the vast majority on almost every measure.

The question we have to ask ourselves and of our societies and their leaders is do we want to make the world a better place or do we want to resist change. You can of course be passive but that ultimately only delays change and prolongs needless suffering and injustice. We also need to be looking forward and facing the real challenges of the climate, AI, automation etc. and how we can evolve along with them rather than fighting entrenched opinions from a former time.

Bit of a rant and a diversion from Trump’s call but your post about the enlightenment triggered something I was already thinking about 😀
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 11:36]

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024