Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid testing...... 09:33 - Jan 5 with 2646 viewsitfcjoe

My youngest had a temperature on Sunday, booked him a test about 4:30pm Sunday afternoon, test at 9:30am yesterday, results back at midnight. (Negative thankfully)

Pretty impressive;y organised there, and turnaround aobviously really good - 30ish hours from booking test to getting results meaning no days off work or nursery as Mrs doesn't work Monday's.

Credit due for how well it all went, the test centre was really busy yesterday at Copdock

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Covid testing...... on 09:35 - Jan 5 with 2284 viewssnudge27

Agreed.

I have a family funeral today, at which there'll be some elderly and vulnerable people, so I took a test to make sure I'm not an asymptomatic carrier.

Test centre was fairly busy, and I probably waited an hour to be seen. It was a 'do it yourself' jobby where they pass you a test kit through your window for you to administer.

Got the results back within about 18 hours.

Poll: Who is the best Lord?

Covid testing...... on 10:20 - Jan 5 with 2158 viewsIpswichKnight

I booked a home test after reporting feeling a bit lethargic and headache via the Zoe app ( they then sent me the link to book a test ). It was remarkably smooth just waiting for the home test kit to arrive now.
Covid testing...... on 10:26 - Jan 5 with 2134 viewsPinewoodblue

Covid testing...... on 10:20 - Jan 5 by IpswichKnight

I booked a home test after reporting feeling a bit lethargic and headache via the Zoe app ( they then sent me the link to book a test ). It was remarkably smooth just waiting for the home test kit to arrive now.

I reported through Zoe app back in September was provided with link to book test was offered a choice of Lewisham or Kensington didn’t go through with but did self isolate. Didn’t develop into anything just the typical bug you pick up from grandchildren when they go back to school.

Can see Copdock test site from bedroom window.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Covid testing...... on 10:27 - Jan 5 with 2129 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Covid testing...... on 09:35 - Jan 5 by snudge27

Agreed.

I have a family funeral today, at which there'll be some elderly and vulnerable people, so I took a test to make sure I'm not an asymptomatic carrier.

Test centre was fairly busy, and I probably waited an hour to be seen. It was a 'do it yourself' jobby where they pass you a test kit through your window for you to administer.

Got the results back within about 18 hours.

How did you get a test if not displaying symptoms etc? Or are you talking about a private test rather than one via the NHS?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Covid testing...... on 10:35 - Jan 5 with 2085 viewsPinewoodblue

Covid testing...... on 10:27 - Jan 5 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

How did you get a test if not displaying symptoms etc? Or are you talking about a private test rather than one via the NHS?

If you want a test you book online and provide misleading information. He did have a good reason for booking a test though, very thoughtful and considerate of others.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Covid testing...... on 10:38 - Jan 5 with 2070 viewsParky

Glad to hear of the negative result, Joe.

My missus went this morning for a test, had a bit of a meltdown because there was “hundreds of cars”. Her time slot was 9 o’clock and she was out by 5 past.

Said whilst it’s all very daunting and looks very busy, they have people in and out swiftly and are very helpful of reassuring.

Here’s hoping for a negative result.
Covid testing...... on 10:38 - Jan 5 with 2067 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Covid testing...... on 10:46 - Jan 5 with 2036 viewsclive_baker

Well said. The NHS is bl00dy wonderful.

Glad he's OK.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Covid testing...... on 10:48 - Jan 5 with 2022 viewsitfcjoe

Covid testing...... on 10:38 - Jan 5 by Parky

Glad to hear of the negative result, Joe.

My missus went this morning for a test, had a bit of a meltdown because there was “hundreds of cars”. Her time slot was 9 o’clock and she was out by 5 past.

Said whilst it’s all very daunting and looks very busy, they have people in and out swiftly and are very helpful of reassuring.

Here’s hoping for a negative result.

It was a ll quite slick, but was backing onot roundabout by time I left which wasn't ideal

Some people take longer, which slows things up - we did because trying to do a 2 year old when not allowed out of car and he doesn't want a swab stuck up his nose is difficult logistically - especially witha 4 year old clambering about as well! And then had to settle him etc afterwards as not pleasant!
FIngers crossed for our wife

Covid testing...... on 10:48 - Jan 5 with 2017 viewsitfcjoe

Covid testing...... on 10:38 - Jan 5 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Sorry to hear that, both experience and the result, hope the little man is ok

Covid testing...... on 10:52 - Jan 5 with 1996 viewsSwansea_Blue

If it's anything like round here they've increased capacity since early December. Back then we were looking at 3-4 day waits to get a test at only a couple of local centres. We tested one of our kids earlier this week and they'd set up several more drive through sites since December so we got a test immediately. The team we had had driven down from Brum that morning, so it sounds like they've got teams moving around to where the need is greatest. The tests went off to Milton Keynes for analysis - first time i've felt sorry for the virus!
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 10:58]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Covid testing...... on 10:55 - Jan 5 with 1979 viewsKieran_Knows

When I went for a test just before Xmas (22nd), I couldn't get in at Copdock. The nearest drive in one was Norwich. Thankfully I managed to get one at the walk through at Portman Road and had the results back at 8.00am on Xmas Day morning (negative also).

Drove past the Copdock centre this morning (on the A14 and you can see through the hedges), it looked absolutely rammed, the busiest I have ever seen it.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 10:57]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Covid testing...... on 10:55 - Jan 5 with 1978 viewssnudge27

I went through the NHS website and stated that I had symptoms. There were over 400 testing slots available within 24hrs at the centre I selected, so I highly doubt I deprived anyone with symptoms of a test.

I've lost both of my grandmothers to Covid within the last three weeks, and the last thing I want is to run any risk of infecting any other member of my family right now.

Covid testing...... on 10:56 - Jan 5 with 1977 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Covid testing...... on 10:35 - Jan 5 by Pinewoodblue

If you want a test you book online and provide misleading information. He did have a good reason for booking a test though, very thoughtful and considerate of others.

Perfect, I’m now a 57 year old woman called Brenda with a test booked for this afternoon

On a serious note I did assume that was the case, presumably there isn’t any real checks given the volume of tests being done and need to get people done quickly

Covid testing...... on 10:58 - Jan 5 with 1951 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Covid testing...... on 10:55 - Jan 5 by snudge27

I went through the NHS website and stated that I had symptoms. There were over 400 testing slots available within 24hrs at the centre I selected, so I highly doubt I deprived anyone with symptoms of a test.

I've lost both of my grandmothers to Covid within the last three weeks, and the last thing I want is to run any risk of infecting any other member of my family right now.

I wasn’t intending to have a dig (although no doubt others might), was just curious. Certainly don’t blame you under the circumstances - and not for me to judge anyway!

Covid testing...... on 10:59 - Jan 5 with 1937 viewsitfcjoe

Covid testing...... on 10:56 - Jan 5 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Perfect, I’m now a 57 year old woman called Brenda with a test booked for this afternoon

On a serious note I did assume that was the case, presumably there isn’t any real checks given the volume of tests being done and need to get people done quickly

If you state you have symptoms that is enough

Covid testing...... on 11:01 - Jan 5 with 1926 viewssnudge27

Covid testing...... on 10:58 - Jan 5 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I wasn’t intending to have a dig (although no doubt others might), was just curious. Certainly don’t blame you under the circumstances - and not for me to judge anyway!

No worries - I know tone isn't so easily apparent in places like this!

It'd be interesting to know if there's any difference in results between nurse-administered test sites, and ones like I went to where you swab yourself.

I dare say it's much easier to swab for the recommended period of time and without touching your tongue/cheeks when you've got a burly matron shoving the thing down your throat, as opposed to gingerly trying to do it whilst looking in the mirror on your sun visor!

Covid testing...... on 11:03 - Jan 5 with 1904 viewsclive_baker

The website asks if you have experienced symptoms, if you haven't I don't think you're eligible for a test unless you meet certain other criteria. In reality there's really no way of checking if someone is lying about symptoms is there, given they could claim to have headaches and a cough. I think the only option is to trust that people wouldn't go for a test without good reason, which I imagine 99% of people would adhere to. Would be a bit weird to get tested for the fun of it.

In this case I think a precautionary test before mixing with some elderly people is prudent IMO, despite being outside of the rules.

Covid testing...... on 11:05 - Jan 5 with 1894 viewsclive_baker

Covid testing...... on 11:01 - Jan 5 by snudge27

No worries - I know tone isn't so easily apparent in places like this!

It'd be interesting to know if there's any difference in results between nurse-administered test sites, and ones like I went to where you swab yourself.

I dare say it's much easier to swab for the recommended period of time and without touching your tongue/cheeks when you've got a burly matron shoving the thing down your throat, as opposed to gingerly trying to do it whilst looking in the mirror on your sun visor!

My wife is a nurse for the NHS and has been tested a number of times (and has thus far *touch wood, not had the virus). I had to self administer my test a while back when I thought I was displaying symptoms, and as you say its not easy. My gag reflex isn't the best, I had even more respect for my wife after that.

*for her nursing I mean, obviously.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 11:06]

Covid testing...... on 11:07 - Jan 5 with 1876 viewsgiant_stow

Maybe its becasue I'm in a very high infection area, but you don;t even have to book around here - just turn up. Test centres all over the borough including an indoor, walk-in one, which seems bizarrely dangerous to me and I pity the poor sods who work there.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Covid testing...... on 11:12 - Jan 5 with 1834 viewssnudge27

Covid testing...... on 11:05 - Jan 5 by clive_baker

My wife is a nurse for the NHS and has been tested a number of times (and has thus far *touch wood, not had the virus). I had to self administer my test a while back when I thought I was displaying symptoms, and as you say its not easy. My gag reflex isn't the best, I had even more respect for my wife after that.

*for her nursing I mean, obviously.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 11:06]

The trickier bit for me was trying to swizzle the swab around in my nostril for ten seconds without sneezing and impaling my brain!

Covid testing...... on 11:35 - Jan 5 with 1747 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Had a persistent cough evening December 9th. Booked test online for following morning at 8.30.
At Copdock, they were incredibly efficient, was back home by 8.45. Positive test result back by 6.30 pm same day.
To be fair, track and trace follow up was very good too.
Mrs got tested following morning, positive result same evening.

Urge anyone with any symptoms to get a test.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Covid testing...... on 11:38 - Jan 5 with 1720 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Covid testing...... on 11:03 - Jan 5 by clive_baker

The website asks if you have experienced symptoms, if you haven't I don't think you're eligible for a test unless you meet certain other criteria. In reality there's really no way of checking if someone is lying about symptoms is there, given they could claim to have headaches and a cough. I think the only option is to trust that people wouldn't go for a test without good reason, which I imagine 99% of people would adhere to. Would be a bit weird to get tested for the fun of it.

In this case I think a precautionary test before mixing with some elderly people is prudent IMO, despite being outside of the rules.

There isn’t a way of checking but if you are displaying symptoms you are required to self isolate so arguably could be a mechanism to pull people up there

But yes, completely agree that most people wouldn’t take a test unless they felt there was a need - and have already noted that it was understandable in the OP’s case

Covid testing...... on 12:29 - Jan 5 with 1625 viewstextbackup

did the testing result in child being in headlock/face pushed against window? just asking as a "friend" told me of the troubles he had when testing his kids...… apparently my "friends" 8/6 year old girls develop super human strength when having a cotton bud stuck in snout....

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Covid testing...... on 12:35 - Jan 5 with 1593 viewshype313

Tried to book a test for my Son, but website says no available slots left, try again tomorrow

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024