Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lockdown abuses mega thread 09:51 - Jan 5 with 4566 viewsbluelagos

Post your observations here. It's good to vent.

(And others can avoid the thread if they choose)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Lockdown abuses mega thread on 09:54 - Jan 5 with 2654 viewsitfcjoe

The people that annoy me most are those who spent the first lockdown all over social media criticising everyone for everything, but since the rules were relaxed just push everything way past the line - hate hypocrites.

I'm not perfect, but I've followed the rules 95% or so - but also lucky that there hasn't really been anything I've needed/wanted to break the rules for

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lockdown abuses mega thread on 09:56 - Jan 5 with 2631 viewsReuser_is_God

Not abuse but it really fcuks me off that shops like B&M, Home Bargains et al are still open under the 'essential' bracket.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Lockdown abuses mega thread on 09:57 - Jan 5 with 2606 viewsMoriarty

Lockdown abuses mega thread on 09:54 - Jan 5 by itfcjoe

The people that annoy me most are those who spent the first lockdown all over social media criticising everyone for everything, but since the rules were relaxed just push everything way past the line - hate hypocrites.

I'm not perfect, but I've followed the rules 95% or so - but also lucky that there hasn't really been anything I've needed/wanted to break the rules for

Joggers, especially the floating masses, sweating and exhaling heavily.

fka omuircheartaigh

Lockdown abuses mega thread on 09:58 - Jan 5 with 2608 viewsfooters

I'm not sure if it counts as an abuse of lockdown or not, but I saw people panic buying again yesterday. Don't people ever learn.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Lockdown abuses mega thread on 09:58 - Jan 5 with 2600 viewsKeno

Lockdown abuses mega thread on 09:57 - Jan 5 by Moriarty

Joggers, especially the floating masses, sweating and exhaling heavily.

If I didn't know you better that sounds like a 'come on'

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Lockdown abuses mega thread on 10:00 - Jan 5 with 2588 viewstractorboy1978

Yes, the types that tweet their disgust at the number of people on the beach or at the park whilst they are on the beach or at the park.
Lockdown abuses mega thread on 10:04 - Jan 5 with 2570 viewsBloomBlue

Lockdown abuses mega thread on 09:56 - Jan 5 by Reuser_is_God

Not abuse but it really fcuks me off that shops like B&M, Home Bargains et al are still open under the 'essential' bracket.

I'm the same with supermarkets selling cigarettes and alcohol neither are essential to live. Now I like a beer at the pub as much as the next person but it's alcohol that is often the fuel for people getting together it should have been banned from day1, including deliveries.
Lockdown abuses mega thread on 10:05 - Jan 5 with 2564 viewsSeablu

Not lockdown abuses exactly, but...

wan*ers that can’t even wear a mask properly.
Cover your nose & mouth. If it was your ear and arsehole I could understand the problem.

Also, tos*pots who stand x6 inches behind you in a queue muttering & grumbling about the wait.
Login to get fewer ads

Lockdown abuses mega thread on 10:09 - Jan 5 with 2530 viewsfactual_blue

Lockdown abuses mega thread on 09:58 - Jan 5 by footers

I'm not sure if it counts as an abuse of lockdown or not, but I saw people panic buying again yesterday. Don't people ever learn.

Spoiler alert - no, they don't.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Lockdown abuses mega thread on 10:09 - Jan 5 with 2537 viewsStokieBlue

Lockdown abuses mega thread on 10:04 - Jan 5 by BloomBlue

I'm the same with supermarkets selling cigarettes and alcohol neither are essential to live. Now I like a beer at the pub as much as the next person but it's alcohol that is often the fuel for people getting together it should have been banned from day1, including deliveries.

I can't get behind this I am afraid.

Given we are not allowed to do anything else at all a lovely bottle of wine with the evening meal is one of the pleasures we can still enjoy.

Ditto a film or documentary with a beer.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Lockdown abuses mega thread on 10:10 - Jan 5 with 2518 viewsStokieBlue

It's going to be crazy the next few days.

Just finishing off my online orders now so I can avoid the supermarkets if at all possible.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Lockdown abuses mega thread on 10:10 - Jan 5 with 2522 viewsBlueLikeJazz

'Covid deniers' hanging round hospitals, and social media gobs on sticks like Laurence Fox wittering on about how if camera crews were allowed in hospitals we'd know it was all fake. I have literally no words for how much I genuinely hate these people.
Lockdown abuses mega thread on 10:16 - Jan 5 with 2485 viewsazuremerlangus

After 10 months of this game people still cannot get/follow the COVID holy trinity drill:

Hands, Face, Space.

Bloody hell it is even in a rhyme to help people remember FFS.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Lockdown abuses mega thread on 10:17 - Jan 5 with 2474 viewsIpswichKnight

Lockdown abuses mega thread on 10:09 - Jan 5 by StokieBlue

I can't get behind this I am afraid.

Given we are not allowed to do anything else at all a lovely bottle of wine with the evening meal is one of the pleasures we can still enjoy.

Ditto a film or documentary with a beer.

SB

Exactly and I’ve been able help a few local breweries and vineyards as well.
Lockdown abuses mega thread on 10:21 - Jan 5 with 2444 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Not quite the same but I have a friend who was all over FB on the first lockdown moaning about people going out, posting memes talking about how grandfathers had to go to war and we’re just being asked to sit inside etc (you know the ones). Yet now it’s a constant moan about new restrictions and how ridiculous this is. Quite laughable

I do think I must live in a different world to the rest of TWTD though as really can’t say I’ve spotted much in the way of people ignoring the rules, or knowing anyone that has taken the p*ss. The odd small stretching of things yes and certainly seen small changes in behaviour with people not distancing as much in supermarkets and so on, but when I see threads on here about people having people round all the time or youngsters in shops without masks I just don’t recognise it. Perhaps I just live and shop in the right places

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Lockdown abuses mega thread on 10:23 - Jan 5 with 2443 viewsMoriarty

Lockdown abuses mega thread on 09:58 - Jan 5 by Keno

If I didn't know you better that sounds like a 'come on'

I could do with a right good jog. But I’m facing a hip replacement at a relatively tender age. So It’s more wet n’ wild water sports for me I’m afraid, or a good ride on a bike.

fka omuircheartaigh

Lockdown abuses mega thread on 10:26 - Jan 5 with 2409 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Surely last time though a lot of things did become hard to buy - impossible in fact for some items in some areas. Obviously that was caused by panic buying in the first place but on a selfish level if others are going to be at it people need to look out for number 1

Hopefully supermarkets will be much better prepared and quicker to put limits on things this time if necessary

Regards, Healy - current owner of about 7 toilet rolls (bought a 16 pack at Xmas), 0 chicken breasts and half a pack of pasta

Lockdown abuses mega thread on 10:30 - Jan 5 with 2405 viewsEastTownBlue

Lockdown abuses mega thread on 10:10 - Jan 5 by BlueLikeJazz

'Covid deniers' hanging round hospitals, and social media gobs on sticks like Laurence Fox wittering on about how if camera crews were allowed in hospitals we'd know it was all fake. I have literally no words for how much I genuinely hate these people.

And when they see the footage they so desperately crave it will claimed to be fake with actors or filmed back in the Spring. There needs to be a conspiracy.
Lockdown abuses mega thread on 10:31 - Jan 5 with 2388 viewsgiant_stow

Lockdown abuses mega thread on 10:26 - Jan 5 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Surely last time though a lot of things did become hard to buy - impossible in fact for some items in some areas. Obviously that was caused by panic buying in the first place but on a selfish level if others are going to be at it people need to look out for number 1

Hopefully supermarkets will be much better prepared and quicker to put limits on things this time if necessary

Regards, Healy - current owner of about 7 toilet rolls (bought a 16 pack at Xmas), 0 chicken breasts and half a pack of pasta

You have a worryingly low toilet roll usage per day. Personally, I like my anus to sparkle.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Lockdown abuses mega thread on 10:35 - Jan 5 with 2355 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Lockdown abuses mega thread on 10:31 - Jan 5 by giant_stow

You have a worryingly low toilet roll usage per day. Personally, I like my anus to sparkle.

We had a few in the cupboard at the time too

Plus the first one of the day is pre-shower so not worth worrying about too much, couple of pieces and done 🤣

Lockdown abuses mega thread on 10:35 - Jan 5 with 2359 viewsKeno

Lockdown abuses mega thread on 10:31 - Jan 5 by giant_stow

you can try applying glitter

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Lockdown abuses mega thread on 10:37 - Jan 5 with 2364 viewsElderGrizzly

It's amazing how many people suddenly become 'entrepreneurs' so their overseas trips magically become 'essential business'. With their families in tow...

And then ask for FCO support when it all goes wrong overseas.

Morons.
Lockdown abuses mega thread on 10:37 - Jan 5 with 2350 viewsfooters

Lockdown abuses mega thread on 10:23 - Jan 5 by Moriarty

I could do with a right good jog. But I’m facing a hip replacement at a relatively tender age. So It’s more wet n’ wild water sports for me I’m afraid, or a good ride on a bike.

Don't forget the tarpaulin.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Lockdown abuses mega thread on 10:38 - Jan 5 with 2344 viewsgiant_stow

Lockdown abuses mega thread on 10:35 - Jan 5 by Keno

you can try applying glitter

Gets itchy - polishing it up is the only way

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Lockdown abuses mega thread on 10:40 - Jan 5 with 2326 viewsElderGrizzly

Lockdown abuses mega thread on 10:30 - Jan 5 by EastTownBlue

And when they see the footage they so desperately crave it will claimed to be fake with actors or filmed back in the Spring. There needs to be a conspiracy.

Twitter is full of it from people/professions who you would think know better, including medical professionals.

"Taking away my rights" appears to be the go-to gripe. It's called selfishness anywhere else I believe
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024