Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I hate lockdown mega thread 10:56 - Jan 5 with 2659 viewsbluelagos

Post your observations here. It's good to vent.

(And others can avoid the thread if they choose)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

I hate lockdown mega thread on 10:59 - Jan 5 with 2647 viewsbluelagos

Alton water have stopped people fishing. Fishing. Yeah cos sitting on your arse trying to catch a fish is a real danger to other people.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

I hate lockdown mega thread on 11:00 - Jan 5 with 2636 viewsHerbivore

Two mega threads in one day? Is that allowed?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I hate lockdown mega thread on 11:02 - Jan 5 with 2631 viewsStokieBlue

I hate lockdown mega thread on 10:59 - Jan 5 by bluelagos

Alton water have stopped people fishing. Fishing. Yeah cos sitting on your arse trying to catch a fish is a real danger to other people.

Isn't it probably more to do with lots of people using the car park and communal facilities such as toilets?

They posted this:

"Following the prime minister's announcement this evening regarding the new Coronavirus restrictions, we will be closed for all fishing and watersports activity with immediate effect until further government guidelines are released.

The parks remain open at this time."

Agree that fishing itself isn't a risk and in reality the communal facilities could easily be managed to convey only the smallest of risks.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I hate lockdown mega thread on 11:09 - Jan 5 with 2606 viewsHerbivore

Not sure we should be encouraging a passtime that involves impaling fish on hooks and dragging them out of their natural habitat. Not really the kind of thing a civilised country should promote.

I hate lockdown mega thread on 11:12 - Jan 5 with 2577 viewspointofblue

This thread is going swimmingly...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I hate lockdown mega thread on 11:14 - Jan 5 with 2567 viewsVic

Are you fishing for a response!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I hate lockdown mega thread on 11:15 - Jan 5 with 2567 viewsDanTheMan

I have seen my family twice in a year and I very much miss my sister given she's basically my only close blood relative left.

I've barely seen any of my friends.

The person I've seen most except my partner is a delivery driver who I am now on a first name basis.

I am very tired of it all now.

I think this is the first time I've ranted about it all. Still, not too much longer I hope, it could be far worse.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 11:32]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I hate lockdown mega thread on 11:26 - Jan 5 with 2514 viewsPendejo

Need to travel around the country touring pubs, have a beer (or few) and talk bollix, participate in communal singing, whilst watching another insipid performance by the boys in blue, then more beer as we ask ourselves "why do we bother?"

Even rubbish football is better than lock down, but only when accompanied by beer and good company.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Login to get fewer ads

I hate lockdown mega thread on 11:58 - Jan 5 with 2470 viewsJ2BLUE

Things that are pissing me off - 05/01 edition

1) People now discovering the vaccine calculator which gives you a rough idea when you'll get the vaccine and not being able to read basic instructions. It was developed when the Pfizer vaccine was the only one available and the creators said you'll need to manually adjust the target to get a more accurate picture. People aren't bothering and then going around saying they won't be vaccinated until June or November etc. It can't be doing compliance any good that people are getting these kind of dates. The media are happily pushing the calculator without telling people to adjust it.

2) Just had enough. I don't want to play this game anymore. I'm tired of it, i'm bored and sometimes it doesn't feel like that carrot on the stick is getting any closer.

With that said, I keep reminding myself this country has been through two world wars and those people both fighting and at home suffered for years so being 'covid weary' after less than a year while understandable is getting away quite lightly if this is to be the major crisis of my lifetime.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I hate lockdown mega thread on 12:12 - Jan 5 with 2455 viewsGeoffSentence

Lockdown 3 probably means that we will have those crap choirs all over our TV screens for the next three months.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I hate lockdown mega thread on 12:19 - Jan 5 with 2437 viewsSteve_M

Not seeing friends and family, that's the big one and - despite the inevitability of last night's belated announcement - it's still pretty grim to think of not seeing people for another three months having just spent Christmas and New Year on my own.

I'm also missing live sport and live music, that was quite a big part of my social life and a year without watching any live sport or going to gigs is frankly one that's a bit crapper than it should be. TV helps, the cricket last Summer turned out to be better than anyone could have expected but football isn't close to being the same without watching at least some games live.

Also, watching the government make a complete mess of this (yet again) is pretty fecking annoying.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I hate lockdown mega thread on 12:24 - Jan 5 with 2414 viewsJakeITFC

Other than the obvious smashing to pieces of all of my interests, hobbies and social life, the big loss for me in the March/April/November/now lockdowns is the loss of golf.

Really was my opportunity to spend a good few hours out of the house, usually 12-15km of walking and a chance to spend some perfectly safe time with a friend in a social setting that doesn't exist elsewhere. It is undeniable that my mental health will suffer for its loss.
I hate lockdown mega thread on 12:28 - Jan 5 with 2409 viewsSpruceMoose

Missing live music. It was a relief to start a new calender this year and not have to cross out events that I wouldn't be attending.

Missing sitting at the bar in my local with a pint and a book on a Sunday afternoon while chatting to a few regulars.

Annoyed to miss the annual ITFC football meet up with ChrisSwailes.

Missing coming home.

A growing state of disgust and annoyance that yet again millions of people will vote for the people who have completely mishandled the covid response and who have declared war on the poorest in our society. Basically, my faith in many others to act empathetically and compassionately is utterly destroyed.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 12:32]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I hate lockdown mega thread on 12:33 - Jan 5 with 2383 viewsjudespiveyg

Losing a year of my teens is annoying. Not being able to finish high school, my first year of university being limited.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

I hate lockdown mega thread on 13:33 - Jan 5 with 2318 viewsHerbivore

I hate lockdown mega thread on 12:12 - Jan 5 by GeoffSentence

Lockdown 3 probably means that we will have those crap choirs all over our TV screens for the next three months.

Zoom choirs are the worst thing to come out of this pandemic, worse even than Covid-19 itself.

Aaaaaahhh, live music..... on 14:31 - Jan 5 with 2264 viewsBloots

I hate lockdown mega thread on 12:28 - Jan 5 by SpruceMoose

Missing live music. It was a relief to start a new calender this year and not have to cross out events that I wouldn't be attending.

Missing sitting at the bar in my local with a pint and a book on a Sunday afternoon while chatting to a few regulars.

Annoyed to miss the annual ITFC football meet up with ChrisSwailes.

Missing coming home.

A growing state of disgust and annoyance that yet again millions of people will vote for the people who have completely mishandled the covid response and who have declared war on the poorest in our society. Basically, my faith in many others to act empathetically and compassionately is utterly destroyed.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 12:32]

....my biggest miss by a mile.

When this first all started my first cancellation was The Who.

We joked that they might not make it to the rearranged date.

Nearly a year down the line now and we aren't joking about it anymore.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

I hate lockdown mega thread on 14:37 - Jan 5 with 2255 viewsjeera

Maybe it could be passed onto the fish and get into the food chain.

You didn't think of that did you.

No, no you didn't.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Aaaaaahhh, live music..... on 14:38 - Jan 5 with 2251 viewsSpruceMoose

Aaaaaahhh, live music..... on 14:31 - Jan 5 by Bloots

....my biggest miss by a mile.

When this first all started my first cancellation was The Who.

We joked that they might not make it to the rearranged date.

Nearly a year down the line now and we aren't joking about it anymore.

The wife's father bought her two tickets for Elton John at Madison Square Garden for her birthday so I was going to tag along to that. That's now rearranged for March 2021. I'm just saying... That's a long way away.

A lot of the tickets I'd bought for this year were at really small venues. No idea if they'll survive long enough to ever reschedule anything. To be honest there's were a couple that I didn't bother getting the refund back for because both venue and artist probably needed the money more than I did. I'm sure in time new places will open to fill the void of any that go under but, Christ, how depressing for those trying to operate now.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I hate lockdown mega thread on 14:46 - Jan 5 with 2218 viewsGeoffSentence

I hate lockdown mega thread on 14:37 - Jan 5 by jeera

Maybe it could be passed onto the fish and get into the food chain.

You didn't think of that did you.

No, no you didn't.

It's fine so long as you apply fin sanitizer before putting them bck

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I hate lockdown mega thread on 14:52 - Jan 5 with 2207 viewsjeera

I hate lockdown mega thread on 14:46 - Jan 5 by GeoffSentence

It's fine so long as you apply fin sanitizer before putting them bck

Well yes ok, that makes more sense now.

I admit I hadn't considered that.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising