Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and 21:02 - Jan 5 with 3058 viewsgiant_stow

EU procurement failures. It's the telegraph so obviously they'll talk this up, but ambrose reckons the German public is seriously pissed off.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2021/01/05/changed-utterly-changed-vaccine-

"This is indeed a Katastrophe. One should not pay too much attention to Twitter but I have never before seen such a vehement outpouring of anger and Verzweiflung with EU institutions on German social media."

Can any German twtd-ers comment?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 21:06 - Jan 5 with 3033 viewsFtnfwest

Dunno but the French ‘effort’ in the first week was beyond belief. I thought it had to surely be 500,000, but it was 500! They must have one hospital doing it in the whole country or something (I know huge numbers don’t want the vaccination as well but even so...)
Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 21:06 - Jan 5 with 3013 viewshomer_123

Is it connected with the German lockdown extension?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 21:12 - Jan 5 with 2991 viewsgiant_stow

Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 21:06 - Jan 5 by Ftnfwest

Dunno but the French ‘effort’ in the first week was beyond belief. I thought it had to surely be 500,000, but it was 500! They must have one hospital doing it in the whole country or something (I know huge numbers don’t want the vaccination as well but even so...)

Yeah the article discusses the French too and makes it sound like they're almost willingly going slow.

"We are facing a state-scandal,” said Jean Rottner, president of the Grand Est region and himself a critical care doctor. “It is harder to get vaccinated than it is to buy a car.”

Indeed. The elderly must have a medical consultation five days before the jab. There must be a cooling off period after consent in case patients change their minds. "

Ambrose has written before about the EU buying loads of a dodgy French vaccine for political reasons too. I don't know enough about it all to know how much spin he's putting on this or how whether it's true. Interesting stuff though I reckon.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 21:14 - Jan 5 with 2978 viewsgiant_stow

Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 21:06 - Jan 5 by homer_123

Is it connected with the German lockdown extension?

The slow rollout? It sounds more like a case of not ordering enough of the good vaccine early enough...

Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 21:38 - Jan 5 with 2907 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Germany: https://en.trend.az/world/europe/3359521.html 265K vaccinated but also a total deaths figure below half of ours. "The first 1.3 million vaccine doses were delivered to Germany at the end of 2020. The government plans to distribute 670,000 vaccine doses every week from January 2021 onwards."

France vaccination rate much less promising: https://www.ft.com/content/b8fae463-91dd-44e3-a6fe-fce5cf8f04c2 although that should be balanced against a 300 per day death rate.

The suggestion is we may well be ahead of the game on the vaccine and perhaps the Government should gain credit for that. Just a shame we are so far behind in everything else that the virus is much more prolific here.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 00:36 - Jan 6 with 2767 viewsclive_baker

Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 21:06 - Jan 5 by Ftnfwest

500 more than the Netherlands who as of this morning hadn’t vaccinated a single person. France also isn’t helped by 60% of their citizens planning to reject the vaccine.

On the whole the EU procurement initiatives haven’t managed to secure anywhere near enough vaccines, and its now way don’t the list for them, having only ordered the Pfizer one in mid November (US ordered in July). It’s a mess.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 08:11 - Jan 6 with 2627 viewsellerblue

Good morning from a cold Erkrath yes quite true people here are unhappy apparently the vaccine was held up initially by the EU not certifiying it, then once certified everyone piled in Germany were well down the list and had not ordered enough by far. The vaccine roll out has started but who receives in what order is down to individual states in my state ( NRW ) I am 69 yrs old and I am due in Oct , already they are thinking of delaying the second injection, overall we are far behind the UK , we have just increased lockdown till 31 Jan but because central government can only advise, several states are applying different rules, just as a by note German efficiency in the far North they started to roll out the vaccine a number were given 5 times the recommended dose because they read the dosage instructions wrongly. Personally I feel very sorry for Frau Merkel initially state premiers listened to her but despite her pleadings for a national lockdown states have gone off and done there own thing.

Heinsberg Blue

Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 09:50 - Jan 6 with 2537 viewsclive_baker

Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 08:11 - Jan 6 by ellerblue

Good morning from a cold Erkrath yes quite true people here are unhappy apparently the vaccine was held up initially by the EU not certifiying it, then once certified everyone piled in Germany were well down the list and had not ordered enough by far. The vaccine roll out has started but who receives in what order is down to individual states in my state ( NRW ) I am 69 yrs old and I am due in Oct , already they are thinking of delaying the second injection, overall we are far behind the UK , we have just increased lockdown till 31 Jan but because central government can only advise, several states are applying different rules, just as a by note German efficiency in the far North they started to roll out the vaccine a number were given 5 times the recommended dose because they read the dosage instructions wrongly. Personally I feel very sorry for Frau Merkel initially state premiers listened to her but despite her pleadings for a national lockdown states have gone off and done there own thing.

Spent a lot of time in Dusseldorf over the years for work, really enjoyed it there and very welcoming locals. Has the Fortuna & Ipswich link brought you to TWTD? Either way, welcome.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had precuring the vaccine, you deserve better than having to wait until October.

Login to get fewer ads

Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 10:55 - Jan 6 with 2467 viewsellerblue

Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 09:50 - Jan 6 by clive_baker

Spent a lot of time in Dusseldorf over the years for work, really enjoyed it there and very welcoming locals. Has the Fortuna & Ipswich link brought you to TWTD? Either way, welcome.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had precuring the vaccine, you deserve better than having to wait until October.

I was born and bred in Wickham Market saw first town game 1957, came out for Fortuna friendly 2015, met fortuna fan ( female ) corresponded 2 months later moved to Dusseldorf and set up home , then 2 years to the date we met got married in Las Vegas me wearing my Town shirt and she wore her Fortuna shirt exactly as when we met.so that is how I am living here about 15 minutes from Dusseldorf Aldstat.

Heinsberg Blue

Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 11:01 - Jan 6 with 2451 viewsEwan_Oozami

Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 10:55 - Jan 6 by ellerblue

I was born and bred in Wickham Market saw first town game 1957, came out for Fortuna friendly 2015, met fortuna fan ( female ) corresponded 2 months later moved to Dusseldorf and set up home , then 2 years to the date we met got married in Las Vegas me wearing my Town shirt and she wore her Fortuna shirt exactly as when we met.so that is how I am living here about 15 minutes from Dusseldorf Aldstat.

Great stuff! You're making a few people on here jealous I reckon EB!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 11:09 - Jan 6 with 2437 viewsGlasgowBlue

Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 10:55 - Jan 6 by ellerblue

I'm staying not too far from you at my Uncle's in Siegburg this August. Then we are heading to a wine festival in the Mosel Valley. Fingers crossed we'll be out of this health crisis before then.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 11:12 - Jan 6 with 2422 viewshype313

My HQ is in Bocholt, was in Dusseldorf last year a few times pre covid, nice place.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 11:13 - Jan 6 with 2419 viewsStokieBlue

Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 21:38 - Jan 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

Germany: https://en.trend.az/world/europe/3359521.html 265K vaccinated but also a total deaths figure below half of ours. "The first 1.3 million vaccine doses were delivered to Germany at the end of 2020. The government plans to distribute 670,000 vaccine doses every week from January 2021 onwards."

France vaccination rate much less promising: https://www.ft.com/content/b8fae463-91dd-44e3-a6fe-fce5cf8f04c2 although that should be balanced against a 300 per day death rate.

The suggestion is we may well be ahead of the game on the vaccine and perhaps the Government should gain credit for that. Just a shame we are so far behind in everything else that the virus is much more prolific here.

A number of European governments haven't handled C19 well at all. Of course we have our government which has been utterly shambolic but the Italians, French and Belgians have all been pretty poor as well.

Italy actually overtook us for deaths last week and they don't even have the new variant circulating widely driving up hospitalisations.

There is going to have to be a lot of analysis of the responses across the West.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 11:33 - Jan 6 with 2384 viewsgiant_stow

Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 08:11 - Jan 6 by ellerblue

Thanks for the reply and sad to hear that your projected wait is so long. I take it state governers are kicking back against the lockdown? Bad timing if so, I'd imagine.

Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 12:03 - Jan 6 with 2357 viewsclive_baker

Love that. Good on you.

Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 14:02 - Jan 6 with 2286 viewsellerblue

Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 11:33 - Jan 6 by giant_stow

Thanks for the reply and sad to hear that your projected wait is so long. I take it state governers are kicking back against the lockdown? Bad timing if so, I'd imagine.

There is a problem with some less populated states with less cases who feel that they should decide on their own lockdown, but as Frau Merkel has stated if all states have the same lockdown people will not travel for benefits of a lesser lockdown also two of the state premiers are vying for Frau Merkel job when she steps down, the premier of Bavaria is full on hard lockdown where as the premier of NRW the most industrial and populous state is being pressurized by industry for a more relaxed lockdown and unfortunately what was a unified reaction to the initial reaction to covoid has now become very fractured resulting in our terrible daily figures.

Heinsberg Blue

Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 14:04 - Jan 6 with 2276 viewsgiant_stow

Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 14:02 - Jan 6 by ellerblue

There is a problem with some less populated states with less cases who feel that they should decide on their own lockdown, but as Frau Merkel has stated if all states have the same lockdown people will not travel for benefits of a lesser lockdown also two of the state premiers are vying for Frau Merkel job when she steps down, the premier of Bavaria is full on hard lockdown where as the premier of NRW the most industrial and populous state is being pressurized by industry for a more relaxed lockdown and unfortunately what was a unified reaction to the initial reaction to covoid has now become very fractured resulting in our terrible daily figures.

Thanks again for the insight.

Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 14:08 - Jan 6 with 2266 viewsbluelagos

Spent a year working close to Dusseldorf (Used to stay in Monchengladbach) and got to know a decent curry houses a bit too well.

One bloke at work had gone over for the '73 UEFA Cup final but only had the money for a one way fare. He stayed to earn the cash for the trip home, met a girl...you know the rest.

See also a load of Celtic fans who settled in Lisbon after '68 European Cup final.

Love stories like that.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 14:10 - Jan 6 with 2263 viewslongtimefan

Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 14:02 - Jan 6 by ellerblue

“resulting in our terrible daily figures”

Indeed. Sadly, 1198 deaths announced yesterday.
Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 14:21 - Jan 6 with 2243 viewsTJS

Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 14:08 - Jan 6 by bluelagos

Spent a year working close to Dusseldorf (Used to stay in Monchengladbach) and got to know a decent curry houses a bit too well.

One bloke at work had gone over for the '73 UEFA Cup final but only had the money for a one way fare. He stayed to earn the cash for the trip home, met a girl...you know the rest.

See also a load of Celtic fans who settled in Lisbon after '68 European Cup final.

Love stories like that.

Wasn't there also a group of Scotland fans who settled somewhere in the foothills of the Andes after going out to watch the 1978 World Cup in Argentina.
Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 15:29 - Jan 6 with 2200 viewsChurchman

I read somewhere that the Italians are hacked off with the Germans because they think that they got a higher percentage of the initial vaccine doses than they should.
Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 15:31 - Jan 6 with 2184 viewsEdwardStone

Article about slow vaccine delivery in the Germany and on 14:08 - Jan 6 by bluelagos

Love stories like that.

I was thinking about this lass I met whilst working in Italy

She was Norwegian, she met and married an Italian and they settled in Italy. He always wondered what Norway was like, so they relocated to there

He loved it, she remembered how much she had hated it and fondly thought of Italy

So they divorced, he stayed near the frozen North Pole and she was sunning her buns on the Adriatic

'Tis funny how life turns out
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024