Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Var ruining the game again 21:10 - Jan 5 with 822 viewsWicklowBlue

So kneecap differences mean a goal is offside. Can someone tell me what parts of the body determine the offside line? Hands, feet, knees, head, testicles etc etc
Var ruining the game again on 21:14 - Jan 5 with 791 viewsWicklowBlue

And there is the kick in the teeth for Brentford!
Var ruining the game again on 21:14 - Jan 5 with 797 viewsFixed_It

I bet Dion Dublin is glad VAR wasn't around when he was playing...

*am I allowed to say that?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Var ruining the game again on 21:15 - Jan 5 with 785 viewsSeablu

Pubes, tongues, spit and breath condensation next.
Quincy MD will be determining cause of goal soon.
Var ruining the game again on 21:22 - Jan 5 with 755 viewsStenvict

Any part of the body that you can legally score with. His knee was offside. It was the correct call.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Var ruining the game again on 21:25 - Jan 5 with 739 viewsWicklowBlue

Var ruining the game again on 21:22 - Jan 5 by Stenvict

Any part of the body that you can legally score with. His knee was offside. It was the correct call.

So literally any part of your body that is legally scoreable from? Ok so but the line was drawn across the feet of both players and from that angle you couldn't see the Spurs players foot. In the egg shaped ball game they review multiple angles to see what happened. Just saying...
Var ruining the game again on 21:25 - Jan 5 with 737 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Any part of the body that you can legitimately score a goal with. Which means only the hands of what you listed would not count.

The issue I have is that the technology is not infallible. I have always been uncomfortable with the offside rule that requires the official to be looking in two different directions at the same time.

I think, if the rule cannot be made better (and I can't think how it could aside from scrapping it altogether which would change the game significantly - probably the biggest change since the back pass rule change), it should be down to the officials to flag if there is clear daylight (as it once was) and only overruled by VAR if there is a clear and obvious error. In other words, if the replay cannot show the official got it wrong after the 2 best camera angles are shown once, the official's decision is deemed correct. That way VAR gets to correct bad errors but the game is not stopped for ages while officials draw imaginary lines and keep moving them.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Var ruining the game again on 21:26 - Jan 5 with 734 viewsSeablu

Var ruining the game again on 21:14 - Jan 5 by Fixed_It

I bet Dion Dublin is glad VAR wasn't around when he was playing...

*am I allowed to say that?

Nope.
Racial stereotyping.
The biggest cock that spends most of its time offside is Norwood.
Var ruining the game again on 21:31 - Jan 5 with 726 viewsOldsmoker

When VAR deem that a players spit is an extension of a players body and although the player wasn't offside, his spit was, then we may as well just shoot at goal from our own half.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Login to get fewer ads

Var ruining the game again on 21:32 - Jan 5 with 718 viewsTrequartista

I think it would be better if level means onside and VAR judged offside if it can see daylight between attacker and defender. I know that is just shifting the marginal decision, but it would just feel better. If a celebration is curtailed by offside then at least it was clearly offside.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Var ruining the game again on 21:37 - Jan 5 with 697 viewsWicklowBlue

Var ruining the game again on 21:25 - Jan 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

Any part of the body that you can legitimately score a goal with. Which means only the hands of what you listed would not count.

The issue I have is that the technology is not infallible. I have always been uncomfortable with the offside rule that requires the official to be looking in two different directions at the same time.

I think, if the rule cannot be made better (and I can't think how it could aside from scrapping it altogether which would change the game significantly - probably the biggest change since the back pass rule change), it should be down to the officials to flag if there is clear daylight (as it once was) and only overruled by VAR if there is a clear and obvious error. In other words, if the replay cannot show the official got it wrong after the 2 best camera angles are shown once, the official's decision is deemed correct. That way VAR gets to correct bad errors but the game is not stopped for ages while officials draw imaginary lines and keep moving them.

Interesting...why not have more than 2 camera angles. What happens if (crazy I know) we were playing Spurs at home with no VAR? I do agree that VAR should only be involved if there is a clear and obvious error. Much like Rugby, tell the Ref if something is clear and obvious going against the on field decision.
Var ruining the game again on 21:40 - Jan 5 with 690 viewsJ2BLUE

It seems you can now be offside due to an arm which is interesting. I've seen goals ruled out for arms and goals given when an arm has been offide. VAR is so inconsistent. I thought it was for clear and obvious errors? If you need 47 replays from 15 different angles and then 2-3 different lines it's really not clear and obvious.

Simple solution - 3 replays and 1 minute maximum to reach a decision. If you need more replays or more time it's not clear and obvious.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Var ruining the game again on 21:40 - Jan 5 with 687 viewsGlasgowBlue

That is the fault of the offside law, not VAR.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Var ruining the game again on 21:42 - Jan 5 with 664 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Var ruining the game again on 21:37 - Jan 5 by WicklowBlue

Interesting...why not have more than 2 camera angles. What happens if (crazy I know) we were playing Spurs at home with no VAR? I do agree that VAR should only be involved if there is a clear and obvious error. Much like Rugby, tell the Ref if something is clear and obvious going against the on field decision.

Clearly if there is no VAR then the official's view is final as at present.

The 2 best camera angles because they should suffice for the major error and if they cannot, then it is too close to change the official's decision.

It is a bit like cricket when the review system first came in. There is an obsession with getting every detail exactly right. Instead, it should be there (like cricket's is now) to overrule the clearly wrong decision and not the close calls. This change would also have the added advantage that it stops it slowing down the game as much as it currently does.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Var ruining the game again on 22:05 - Jan 5 with 624 viewsWicklowBlue

Var ruining the game again on 21:42 - Jan 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

Clearly if there is no VAR then the official's view is final as at present.

The 2 best camera angles because they should suffice for the major error and if they cannot, then it is too close to change the official's decision.

It is a bit like cricket when the review system first came in. There is an obsession with getting every detail exactly right. Instead, it should be there (like cricket's is now) to overrule the clearly wrong decision and not the close calls. This change would also have the added advantage that it stops it slowing down the game as much as it currently does.

Agreed VAR is just too intrusive in its current form.
Var ruining the game again on 08:35 - Jan 6 with 468 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Var ruining the game again on 21:22 - Jan 5 by Stenvict

If your kneecap is offside, then you are level in my opinion.

I understand the need to use VAR to rule out offsides when the Ref and the Line-o have missed it, but I don't recall any point in history when I heard a manager complaining that their side had been dumped out of the cup by an off side kneecap.

"He was 2 yards offside". Yes
"We've been robbed by an kneecap, and the ref should have seen it". No.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Var ruining the game again on 08:40 - Jan 6 with 458 viewsSamWhiteUK

Var ruining the game again on 21:25 - Jan 5 by WicklowBlue

So literally any part of your body that is legally scoreable from? Ok so but the line was drawn across the feet of both players and from that angle you couldn't see the Spurs players foot. In the egg shaped ball game they review multiple angles to see what happened. Just saying...

They did look at another angle, to ensure that what they thought was the Spurs payer's foot was indeed his foot, and after that, it was clear he was offside
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024