Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump’s pardon list 23:51 - Jan 7 with 946 viewsElderGrizzly

All can be stopped of course by Pence invoking the 25th or ‘Impeachment 2’

Trump’s pardon list on 23:55 - Jan 7 with 925 viewsmonytowbray

What’s the rules on him pardoning himself, guilt and charges? What’s he pardoning himself for?

They’ll get away with it, they always do. As a collective humans are completely subservient.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Trump’s pardon list on 23:57 - Jan 7 with 912 viewsSuffolkPOSH

Trump can not pardon himself.
Trump’s pardon list on 23:59 - Jan 7 with 910 viewsJ2BLUE

Trump’s pardon list on 23:57 - Jan 7 by SuffolkPOSH

Whether he can or not, those thinking he is going to jail are deluding themselves. Biden would probably have a civil war on his hands if he goes after Trump. As wrong as it is, he will be allowed to walk away.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Trump’s pardon list on 00:01 - Jan 8 with 895 viewsElderGrizzly

Trump’s pardon list on 23:59 - Jan 7 by J2BLUE

Whether he can or not, those thinking he is going to jail are deluding themselves. Biden would probably have a civil war on his hands if he goes after Trump. As wrong as it is, he will be allowed to walk away.

No-one thinks Biden will go after him.

New York State is another matter and his pardon, even if he can do it, means nothing there as it is State charges
Trump’s pardon list on 00:02 - Jan 8 with 892 viewsJ2BLUE

According to one of Trump's former administration guys (the one who wrote the book, can't remember his name) the 25th isn't really an option.

Truly impaired.

Trump’s pardon list on 00:04 - Jan 8 with 888 viewsElderGrizzly

Trump’s pardon list on 23:57 - Jan 7 by SuffolkPOSH

There are legal experts out there who think he can.

All pardoning the others does anyway is prove guilt at a federal level for something. What that is we might never know.

Trump and his family have more to fear from State charges than federal
Trump’s pardon list on 00:05 - Jan 8 with 877 viewsElderGrizzly

Trump’s pardon list on 00:02 - Jan 8 by J2BLUE

According to one of Trump's former administration guys (the one who wrote the book, can't remember his name) the 25th isn't really an option.

It certainly isn’t if all those needed to invoke it keep resigning to avoid making that decision.
Trump’s pardon list on 00:05 - Jan 8 with 875 viewsJ2BLUE

Trump’s pardon list on 00:01 - Jan 8 by ElderGrizzly

No-one thinks Biden will go after him.

New York State is another matter and his pardon, even if he can do it, means nothing there as it is State charges

I'm sure they'll be heavily leant on to drop it by the Biden administration.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2021 0:27]

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Trump’s pardon list on 00:08 - Jan 8 with 862 viewsElderGrizzly

Trump’s pardon list on 00:05 - Jan 8 by J2BLUE

I'm sure they'll be heavily leant on to drop it by the Biden administration.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2021 0:27]

Not so sure. These charges were ready way before Biden won.

He can legitimately say it is nothing to do with him and States don’t take kindly to Presidential interference.

It would still be a surprise to see him in jail. I can see him losing a few trials, but he’ll avoid jail time
Trump’s pardon list on 00:10 - Jan 8 with 847 viewsSuffolkPOSH

John Bolton
Trump’s pardon list on 00:27 - Jan 8 with 806 viewsSuffolkPOSH

Trump’s pardon list on 00:04 - Jan 8 by ElderGrizzly

There are legal experts out there who think he can.

All pardoning the others does anyway is prove guilt at a federal level for something. What that is we might never know.

Trump and his family have more to fear from State charges than federal

Experts I have watched have suggested that Trumps best option was to resign after he lost the election & then have Pence pardon him.

It is my understanding that a sitting president can NOT pardon themselves but if you have evidence to suggest otherwise I'm willing to look into the legality of that.

Personally I find the whole system of the pardons a farce & clearly been a concept that has been abused by numerous Presidents.
Trump’s pardon list on 00:44 - Jan 8 with 782 viewsSuffolkPOSH

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/trump-has-told-aides-he-wants-to-pardon-him

"The president has also reportedly considered issuing pardons to his family members, including Ivanka Trump, Eric Trump and Donald Trump Jr, as well as aides like Jared Kushner and his personal attorney, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani."

What an abuse of a system, it invites crooked behaviour.
Trump’s pardon list on 01:29 - Jan 8 with 739 viewsmonytowbray

Trump’s pardon list on 00:44 - Jan 8 by SuffolkPOSH

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/trump-has-told-aides-he-wants-to-pardon-him

"The president has also reportedly considered issuing pardons to his family members, including Ivanka Trump, Eric Trump and Donald Trump Jr, as well as aides like Jared Kushner and his personal attorney, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani."

It already has.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Trump’s pardon list on 10:22 - Jan 8 with 563 viewsElderGrizzly

Trump’s pardon list on 00:27 - Jan 8 by SuffolkPOSH

Experts I have watched have suggested that Trumps best option was to resign after he lost the election & then have Pence pardon him.

It is my understanding that a sitting president can NOT pardon themselves but if you have evidence to suggest otherwise I'm willing to look into the legality of that.

Personally I find the whole system of the pardons a farce & clearly been a concept that has been abused by numerous Presidents.

NY Times were covering it. It is a grey area though

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/07/us/politics/trump-self-pardon.html
Trump’s pardon list on 10:24 - Jan 8 with 559 viewsHerbivore

What kind of messed up democracy allows people to be above the law so long as they are close to a president that is willing to pardon them? Absolute madness.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Trump’s pardon list on 10:25 - Jan 8 with 554 viewsDinDjarin

No way they would be able to make that happen before the 20th.

Trouble is with the access to intelligence he has had over the last 4 years I am sure he knows a lot of dirty secrets. This may prevent him from being pinned down for anything.
Trump’s pardon list on 10:26 - Jan 8 with 551 viewsElderGrizzly

Trump’s pardon list on 00:44 - Jan 8 by SuffolkPOSH

I like the fact the rapper LiL Wayne is on there
Trump’s pardon list on 10:30 - Jan 8 with 546 viewsElderGrizzly

Trump’s pardon list on 10:25 - Jan 8 by DinDjarin

No way they would be able to make that happen before the 20th.

Trouble is with the access to intelligence he has had over the last 4 years I am sure he knows a lot of dirty secrets. This may prevent him from being pinned down for anything.

It *can* be done within 6 days, but with Trump’s cabinet jumping ship mainly to avoid being dragged into it, it won’t happen I agree.

Impeachment is the route if anything happens
Trump’s pardon list on 10:39 - Jan 8 with 535 viewsTractorWood

Is the Lil Wayne pardon for his crimes against music for his 2008 song Lollipop.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Trump’s pardon list on 10:52 - Jan 8 with 530 viewsGuthrum

Trump’s pardon list on 10:24 - Jan 8 by Herbivore

What kind of messed up democracy allows people to be above the law so long as they are close to a president that is willing to pardon them? Absolute madness.

Once again, it's a case of Trump breaking the system. Previously the Presidential pardon system had mostly been about expunging historical convictions for minor offences (e.g. drug possession) or certain causes celebres (e.g. Chelsea Manning).

There weren't restrictions because they didn't really need them. Then you got someone come along who had no respect for the normal way of doing things.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Trump’s pardon list on 11:32 - Jan 8 with 505 viewsPinewoodblue

Trump’s pardon list on 10:52 - Jan 8 by Guthrum

Once again, it's a case of Trump breaking the system. Previously the Presidential pardon system had mostly been about expunging historical convictions for minor offences (e.g. drug possession) or certain causes celebres (e.g. Chelsea Manning).

There weren't restrictions because they didn't really need them. Then you got someone come along who had no respect for the normal way of doing things.

The assumption has always been that no one elected President would consider abusing the system.

Former Presidents receive a good pension and many benefits, irrespective of the length of Presidency. Seems to me it would be in best interests of the VP to go ahead with Article 25.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024