Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing 07:08 - Jan 8 with 2652 viewsstiff_talking

One team is looking to get promoted

The other is looking for the league to close down

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 07:28 - Jan 8 with 2561 viewsBluefish

The salary cap is probably a bug part of that. We shouldn't need to sign more players we just need a competent manager

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 07:57 - Jan 8 with 2488 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I think this is what's known as a 'hot take.'

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 09:29 - Jan 8 with 2271 viewsMrTown

I'm not sure there will be much room to bring anyone in unless someone goes due to salary cap.

A lot of overpaid deadwood here unfortunately.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 09:32 - Jan 8 with 2262 viewsbournemouthblue

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 07:28 - Jan 8 by Bluefish

The salary cap is probably a bug part of that. We shouldn't need to sign more players we just need a competent manager

I still think we are one or two short of having the required quality to kick on and that's not because we don't have the squad to get promoted, it's just we could do with a bit more quality

There's a reason we fail to deal with the best sides, if we did go back up, we would come straight back down with the squad we have

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 09:35 - Jan 8 with 2241 viewsMonkeyAlan

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 09:32 - Jan 8 by bournemouthblue

I still think we are one or two short of having the required quality to kick on and that's not because we don't have the squad to get promoted, it's just we could do with a bit more quality

There's a reason we fail to deal with the best sides, if we did go back up, we would come straight back down with the squad we have

We don't need one or two. We need a lot more. Because most of what we have is either dead wood or over hyped and not up to the task.
Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 09:47 - Jan 8 with 2195 viewsjayessess

Lincoln brought in practically a new first XI during the Summer whilst we've been merrily handing contract extensions to the same players who keep failing us. It is what it is.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 09:59 - Jan 8 with 2162 viewsBluefish

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 09:32 - Jan 8 by bournemouthblue

We are maxing out on salary even with artificially low costs in for our players, in reality we are miles over it. It is farcical that we think we need more to compete with Lincoln. Lambert and his free hits are destroying this club beyond repair
[Post edited 8 Jan 2021 13:54]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 10:01 - Jan 8 with 2164 viewsArnieM

I take it Lincoln haven’t yet been affected by CoVid in a significant scale !

Idiot original post ....

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 10:11 - Jan 8 with 2124 viewsBlueBadger

Exactly what kind of half-arsed point are you trying to make here?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 10:32 - Jan 8 with 2094 viewsBlueBadger

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 07:57 - Jan 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

I think this is what's known as a 'hot take.'

I'm just impressed you understood what he was drivelling on about.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 10:34 - Jan 8 with 2081 viewstractorboy1978

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 09:59 - Jan 8 by Bluefish

We are maxing out on salary even with artificially low costs in for our players, in reality we are miles over it. It is farcical that we think we need more to compete with Lincoln. Lambert and his free hits are destroying this club beyond repair
[Post edited 8 Jan 2021 13:54]

This. It continually baffles me how people make excuses by downplaying the quality of our squad at this level. If we don't go up this year, people will get a rude awakening when they see how our squad compares next year.
Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 10:37 - Jan 8 with 2073 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 10:32 - Jan 8 by BlueBadger

I'm just impressed you understood what he was drivelling on about.

I think he meant you can't complain about poor Covid testing AND sign players at the same time... and also you get extra league points for being the first to sign a player in Jan.

ITFC have taken their eye off the ball AGAIN!

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 10:51 - Jan 8 with 2045 viewsBlueBadger

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 09:47 - Jan 8 by jayessess

Lincoln brought in practically a new first XI during the Summer whilst we've been merrily handing contract extensions to the same players who keep failing us. It is what it is.

A major part of our failure last season was Lambert using too many players. I don't think he needs more.

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 10:54 - Jan 8 with 2025 viewsSouperJim

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 10:51 - Jan 8 by BlueBadger

A major part of our failure last season was Lambert using too many players. I don't think he needs more.

I think the OP makes a perfectly good point about the differing approach. It's not about signing more players, it's about one team getting on with it and doing whatever they need to do to get promoted, while the other is busy getting their excuses in and whining about the situation.

It's a matter of having the correct, winning mentality. We lack it, and have done for years.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 11:01 - Jan 8 with 2005 viewsjayessess

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 10:51 - Jan 8 by BlueBadger

Less, and better, I'd argue.

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 11:25 - Jan 8 with 1965 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 10:54 - Jan 8 by SouperJim

I think the OP makes a perfectly good point about the differing approach. It's not about signing more players, it's about one team getting on with it and doing whatever they need to do to get promoted, while the other is busy getting their excuses in and whining about the situation.

It's a matter of having the correct, winning mentality. We lack it, and have done for years.

Complaining about poor Covid testing doesn't preclude you from working on player signing negotiations.

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 12:06 - Jan 8 with 1909 viewsSouperJim

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 11:25 - Jan 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

Complaining about poor Covid testing doesn't preclude you from working on player signing negotiations.

I agree, what's your point?

As someone else posted, we keep keeping on with largely the same group of players who put us here, while whining in to the press that the fixture schedule is absurd. The cup competitions are worthless and an inconvenience. The salary cap is too restrictive. Our injury crisis is holding us back.

It's always "if only this was right". Excuse after excuse.

I don't doubt these are challenging times, but the fact remains that we clearly lack the will to succeed. We get our excuses in early and often.

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 12:27 - Jan 8 with 1883 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 12:06 - Jan 8 by SouperJim

I agree, what's your point?

As someone else posted, we keep keeping on with largely the same group of players who put us here, while whining in to the press that the fixture schedule is absurd. The cup competitions are worthless and an inconvenience. The salary cap is too restrictive. Our injury crisis is holding us back.

It's always "if only this was right". Excuse after excuse.

I don't doubt these are challenging times, but the fact remains that we clearly lack the will to succeed. We get our excuses in early and often.

My point is you agreed with the OP and posted "t's about one team getting on with it and doing whatever they need to do to get promoted, WHILE the other is busy getting their excuses in."

Firstly, the two aren't mutually exclusive. You can complain about Covid testing AND sign players. Secondly, just because one team has signed a player and we haven't yet means NOTHING. We are in negotiations, according to the EADT. Maybe our negotiations take longer because we're talking to better players than the one Lincoln have signed.

And finally, the Covid testing WAS poor and it's quite right people are complaining about it.

This reads like a typical January window post: "Wahhh, why haven't we signed anyone yet?! It's a week into Jan!!! X FC have signed someone. SIGN SOMEONE, ANYONE!!! And don't talk about anything else in the press until you have done!"

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 12:40 - Jan 8 with 1861 viewsBlueBadger

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 11:01 - Jan 8 by jayessess

Less, and better, I'd argue.

FEWER and better, surely?

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 12:48 - Jan 8 with 1843 viewsjayessess

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 12:40 - Jan 8 by BlueBadger

FEWER and better, surely?

I was measuring by total squad weight

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 13:22 - Jan 8 with 1800 viewsJ2BLUE

Wow you've really had to stretch for that one. Laughable.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 13:37 - Jan 8 with 1768 viewsSouperJim

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 12:27 - Jan 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

My point is you agreed with the OP and posted "t's about one team getting on with it and doing whatever they need to do to get promoted, WHILE the other is busy getting their excuses in."

Firstly, the two aren't mutually exclusive. You can complain about Covid testing AND sign players. Secondly, just because one team has signed a player and we haven't yet means NOTHING. We are in negotiations, according to the EADT. Maybe our negotiations take longer because we're talking to better players than the one Lincoln have signed.

And finally, the Covid testing WAS poor and it's quite right people are complaining about it.

This reads like a typical January window post: "Wahhh, why haven't we signed anyone yet?! It's a week into Jan!!! X FC have signed someone. SIGN SOMEONE, ANYONE!!! And don't talk about anything else in the press until you have done!"

I see where you're coming from and I certainly agree that the two aren't mutually exclusive. I think I'm making a slightly different point to the OP, but he hasn't been back to expand upon what he wrote.

I would like to see less excuses/complaining and more progress on the pitch. While those two are not mutually exclusive, the teams that do more of the former generally seem to do less of the latter.

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 13:49 - Jan 8 with 1739 viewsitfcjoe

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 13:37 - Jan 8 by SouperJim

I see where you're coming from and I certainly agree that the two aren't mutually exclusive. I think I'm making a slightly different point to the OP, but he hasn't been back to expand upon what he wrote.

I would like to see less excuses/complaining and more progress on the pitch. While those two are not mutually exclusive, the teams that do more of the former generally seem to do less of the latter.

I do think a lot is just an element of following Town closely and no-one else.

Lincoln manager could be the biggest moaning gobsh1te ever but we aren't going to notice as don't spend time traipsing through every word they say

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lincoln quietly signs player, Ipswich loudly complain about Covid testing on 14:08 - Jan 8 with 1701 viewsghostofescobar

Perhaps your fave team may change their outlook now: https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lincoln-city-pet

GhostOfEscobar

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024