Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derbyshire police playing up again 12:20 - Jan 8 with 2534 viewsgiant_stow

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-55560814

Crazy.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Derbyshire police playing up again on 12:24 - Jan 8 with 1426 viewsbluelagos

They are not doing themselves any favours are they.

Fortunately almost every other police force seems to be a lot more sensible in how they are policing the lockdown.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Derbyshire police playing up again on 12:27 - Jan 8 with 1407 viewsgiant_stow

Derbyshire police playing up again on 12:24 - Jan 8 by bluelagos

Fortunately almost every other police force seems to be a lot more sensible in how they are policing the lockdown.

Its almost like the head honchos there have decided to make a name for themselves. All this sort of enforcement will do is cost good will and respect - totally counter-productive.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Derbyshire police playing up again on 12:31 - Jan 8 with 1397 viewsStokieBlue

Derbyshire police playing up again on 12:24 - Jan 8 by bluelagos

Once again though the government could have specified a distance which is deemed "local" and all this would have been avoided.

Just as with the key workers definition, they leave things too loose and open to interpretation.

This specific incident is clearly silly though, point-to-point driving of 5 miles is local in my opinion. The stuff about it being a picnic is absurd.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Derbyshire police playing up again on 12:34 - Jan 8 with 1383 viewsbluelagos

Derbyshire police playing up again on 12:27 - Jan 8 by giant_stow

Its almost like the head honchos there have decided to make a name for themselves. All this sort of enforcement will do is cost good will and respect - totally counter-productive.

Considering their previous - flying drones to spot dog walkers - you do wander who is behind it.

If it were enforced here, the many people who drive to access safe outdoor spaces would instead be forced to all use the same urban spaces to exercise. And so they would be much more likely to see a nieghbour, stop for a chat etc.

What the police are doing here is likely to increase the risk of transmission which seems utterly bizarre to me. Like I say, most forces are behaving in a far more sensible way.

Derbyshire police playing up again on 12:37 - Jan 8 with 1378 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I wish the police had been in Crystal Palace park yesterday - there was a group of about 8 mums with prams walking and chatting together like a nursery parent's day out, none of them wearing masks or distancing.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Derbyshire police playing up again on 12:39 - Jan 8 with 1369 viewsbluelagos

Derbyshire police playing up again on 12:31 - Jan 8 by StokieBlue

Once again though the government could have specified a distance which is deemed "local" and all this would have been avoided.

Just as with the key workers definition, they leave things too loose and open to interpretation.

This specific incident is clearly silly though, point-to-point driving of 5 miles is local in my opinion. The stuff about it being a picnic is absurd.

SB

I regularly pack a flash for a long walk...

Derbyshire police playing up again on 12:43 - Jan 8 with 1360 viewsPendejo

Derbyshire police playing up again on 12:39 - Jan 8 by bluelagos

I regularly pack a flash for a long walk...

Autocorrect?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Derbyshire police playing up again on 12:46 - Jan 8 with 1344 viewsbluelagos

Derbyshire police playing up again on 12:43 - Jan 8 by Pendejo

Autocorrect?

I'll leave it uncorrected rather than ruin your post :-)

Just hope the Derbyshire plod aren't reading or they'll be sending out an anti flasher unit no doubt.

Login to get fewer ads

Derbyshire police playing up again on 12:53 - Jan 8 with 1332 viewsVaughan8

SB

Personally I wouldn't say 5 miles is "local". I could get to numerous other towns from where I am within 5 miles. Local surely means your local town you live in etc?

However, as its not defined, its difficult to say. Different areas I think it would be a different distance.

Where I live, a town about 5 miles away was in tier 2 when we were in tier 4.
Derbyshire police playing up again on 12:59 - Jan 8 with 1299 viewsmonytowbray

Bloody love Derby don't we!?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Derbyshire police playing up again on 13:41 - Jan 8 with 1230 viewsfactual_blue

Derbyshire police playing up again on 12:43 - Jan 8 by Pendejo

Autocorrect?

This more likely

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Derbyshire police playing up again on 13:50 - Jan 8 with 1207 viewsGuthrum

Tho I would question why they needed to drive 5 miles to take a walk. Are there no streets/parks closer by?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Derbyshire police playing up again on 13:55 - Jan 8 with 1189 viewsRadlett_blue

SB

Your post makes sense to me apart from the first sentence. Once you get into specifics, you start having a list of regulations which is 10 pages long & no-one will read it. Most citizens will act reasonably & within the spirit of the regulations. The police should be concentrating on people committing serious breaches.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Derbyshire police playing up again on 13:55 - Jan 8 with 1190 viewsbluelagos

Derbyshire police playing up again on 13:50 - Jan 8 by Guthrum

Tho I would question why they needed to drive 5 miles to take a walk. Are there no streets/parks closer by?

Could be

1. There are no accessible country walks nearby. (where I am many of the countryside walks around the stour are flooded and inaccessible atm)
2. They wanted to walk where there are fewer people / crowds and so reduce the risks.
3. Walking on soft surfaces is a lot easier than walking on concrete.
4. Walking on the countryside is safer than walking in towns with traffic.

Derbyshire police playing up again on 13:58 - Jan 8 with 1177 viewsbluelagos

Derbyshire police playing up again on 13:55 - Jan 8 by Radlett_blue

Your post makes sense to me apart from the first sentence. Once you get into specifics, you start having a list of regulations which is 10 pages long & no-one will read it. Most citizens will act reasonably & within the spirit of the regulations. The police should be concentrating on people committing serious breaches.

...serious breaches that are actually likely to cause an increase in virus transmission.

Derbyshire police playing up again on 13:58 - Jan 8 with 1173 viewsjeera

I can see the problem right here:

"In overall terms police officers across England and Wales will be using their discretion and professional judgement."

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Derbyshire police playing up again on 13:59 - Jan 8 with 1172 viewsgiant_stow

Derbyshire police playing up again on 13:50 - Jan 8 by Guthrum

Isn’t that besides the point?

There’s no stipulation that you *have* to exercise as close to your house as possible.

There’s seems to be a Calvinist* streak to how some are interrupting all this — the various rules are to prevent transmission of a virus, not to ban fun or pleasant experiences. In this case, there appears to be no danger at all in these women’s actions and as Lagos points out above, they might actually have passed more people in the local streets.

*I might have my hard core joyless protestants mixed up there!

Derbyshire police playing up again on 14:00 - Jan 8 with 1168 viewsbluelagos

Derbyshire police playing up again on 13:58 - Jan 8 by jeera

I can see the problem right here:

"In overall terms police officers across England and Wales will be using their discretion and professional judgement."

99% of them get it right tbf.

Derbyshire police playing up again on 14:01 - Jan 8 with 1164 viewsgiant_stow

Derbyshire police playing up again on 13:58 - Jan 8 by bluelagos

...serious breaches that are actually likely to cause an increase in virus transmission.

If there were as many police there as the women report, surely the only danger of transmission was from them?!

Derbyshire police playing up again on 14:04 - Jan 8 with 1156 viewsbluelagos

Derbyshire police playing up again on 13:59 - Jan 8 by giant_stow

There’s no stipulation that you *have* to exercise as close to your house as possible.

There’s seems to be a Calvinist* streak to how some are interrupting all this — the various rules are to prevent transmission of a virus, not to ban fun or pleasant experiences. In this case, there appears to be no danger at all in these women’s actions and as Lagos points out above, they might actually have passed more people in the local streets.

I actually saw some villagers where I am stopping and chatting this morning. It is part of who we are, we are social animals and it is always going to happen when you see someone you know.

And it is far less likely to happen (bumping into a nieghbour) if you have driven a few miles to access an open space, clearly.

Derbyshire police playing up again on 14:04 - Jan 8 with 1154 viewsjeera

Derbyshire police playing up again on 13:59 - Jan 8 by giant_stow

I tend to frown upon people taking the piss but I can't see a problem with someone wandering around a reservoir this time of year.

Not exactly going to be a covid hot spot right now is it.

Plus they're not bad looking women either which should at least count for something.

The peppermint tea on the other hand, what's that all about?

Derbyshire police playing up again on 14:05 - Jan 8 with 1149 viewsjeera

Derbyshire police playing up again on 14:00 - Jan 8 by bluelagos

99% of them get it right tbf.

Generous.

Derbyshire police playing up again on 14:08 - Jan 8 with 1133 viewsElderGrizzly

Derbyshire police playing up again on 12:37 - Jan 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

I wish the police had been in Crystal Palace park yesterday - there was a group of about 8 mums with prams walking and chatting together like a nursery parent's day out, none of them wearing masks or distancing.

You're allowed to do that, as long as you have a child under 5 with you.

Informal 'meet-ups' like that are permitted.
Derbyshire police playing up again on 14:08 - Jan 8 with 1135 viewsm14_blue

I’m confused by this, the police up here (Cumbria) have been quite clear that there are no enforceable laws around travelling to exercise.

Effectively, there is no action that could be taken against someone coming from London to the Lakes for a walk.

It’s a source of much frustration to the police here who have petitioned Government to specify what is meant by the guidelines and make them legally enforceable.
Derbyshire police playing up again on 14:10 - Jan 8 with 1130 viewsbluelagos

Derbyshire police playing up again on 14:05 - Jan 8 by jeera

Generous.

As always :-)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024