Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest 13:07 - Jan 8 with 1510 viewsElderGrizzly

Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 13:22 - Jan 8 with 922 viewsIpswichKnight

He leaves office on the 20th middle of next week is the 13th are they going to impeach a president with literally seconds left in office. Don’t give him the oxygen of a martyr or his acolytes in the senate the platform to filibuster the impeachment. It will be far more embarrassing for him to see presidents of old sitting behind Joe Biden and congratulating him on becoming president. Let Trump disappear into the dust bin of history.
Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 13:23 - Jan 8 with 909 viewsJ2BLUE

Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 13:22 - Jan 8 by IpswichKnight

He leaves office on the 20th middle of next week is the 13th are they going to impeach a president with literally seconds left in office. Don’t give him the oxygen of a martyr or his acolytes in the senate the platform to filibuster the impeachment. It will be far more embarrassing for him to see presidents of old sitting behind Joe Biden and congratulating him on becoming president. Let Trump disappear into the dust bin of history.

Precisely this. Does more harm than good. Especially if he's now being forced to play ball.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 13:26 - Jan 8 with 896 viewsgiant_stow

Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 13:23 - Jan 8 by J2BLUE

Precisely this. Does more harm than good. Especially if he's now being forced to play ball.

As long as hes been quietly detached from all actual power levers(including the nukes), then I agree.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2021 13:26]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 13:40 - Jan 8 with 839 viewsfactual_blue

Stop being so negative.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 13:43 - Jan 8 with 832 viewsGuthrum

Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 13:22 - Jan 8 by IpswichKnight

It does have specific implications, tho. Impeachments cannot be pardoned. It would disbar him from another Presidential run in 2024. Also could limit what insane/vengeful things Trump may be able to do between now and the 20th.

It would effectively be shoving him in the bin and closing the lid.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 13:54 - Jan 8 with 807 viewsElderGrizzly

Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 13:23 - Jan 8 by J2BLUE

If he is Impeached (and the Senate follow through too) he can not run for any public office again. So 2024 disappears

I agree it isn’t ideal, but he is only playing ball because he needs those pardons
Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 13:58 - Jan 8 with 801 viewsBlueBadger

Impeachment will do this - they can use it to stop him being able run for office again.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 14:00 - Jan 8 with 794 viewsfooters

So do we get President Pence for a day if this happens?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 14:03 - Jan 8 with 770 viewsghostofescobar

Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 14:00 - Jan 8 by footers

Tuppence - if it's for two days?

GhostOfEscobar

Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 14:03 - Jan 8 with 769 viewsElderGrizzly

Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 14:00 - Jan 8 by footers

All those people making 46th President Biden merchandise will be pissed!
Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 14:04 - Jan 8 with 762 viewsElderGrizzly

Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 13:43 - Jan 8 by Guthrum

It does have specific implications, tho. Impeachments cannot be pardoned. It would disbar him from another Presidential run in 2024. Also could limit what insane/vengeful things Trump may be able to do between now and the 20th.

It would effectively be shoving him in the bin and closing the lid.

Plus there is a very real chance that enough Republicans in the Senate will back it this time.

Edit: here is some more reason why. The impeachment before needed 2/3 to back it. This doesn't

"The power of Congress to disqualify an impeached president from holding office has received less attention through history than the power of Congress to remove a president from office. The Constitution is clear that after a House majority vote to impeach and a two-thirds Senate vote to convict, the president is removed from office.

Yet Article I Section VII clarifies that removal is not the only punishment impeachment can bring. It reads: “Judgment in Cases of impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States.” This clause shows definitively that the Senate can inflict a penalty that would prevent Trump from holding office again. Under established Senate practice, that vote to disqualify would require only a simple majority vote in the Senate, less than the two-thirds vote required for conviction"
[Post edited 8 Jan 2021 14:12]
Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 14:07 - Jan 8 with 755 viewsNthQldITFC

Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 14:03 - Jan 8 by ghostofescobar

Tuppence - if it's for two days?

Tuppence to replace the 'thrupenny bit' would make nice coinage.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 14:08 - Jan 8 with 752 viewsMookamoo

Will he lose the privilege of being call 'President' Trump for the rest of his days if he was removed?

Always struck me a bit needy to have this mock titling system where they get called by their previous job if they have held office.
Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 14:09 - Jan 8 with 744 viewsNthQldITFC

Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 14:03 - Jan 8 by ElderGrizzly

All those people making 46th President Biden merchandise will be pissed!

'Pissed off'

Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 14:12 - Jan 8 with 733 viewsfooters

Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 14:09 - Jan 8 by NthQldITFC

'Pissed off'

I'd be both if I'd put all my money into merch!

Still, it would be an odd way to end an odd presidency. The icing on the cake of four years of weird.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 14:17 - Jan 8 with 713 viewsWD19

Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 13:58 - Jan 8 by BlueBadger

Impeachment will do this - they can use it to stop him being able run for office again.

I'm not sure this makes much difference in reality.

His daughter running in 2024 with 'Chairman Trump' in the background would suit the family just fine I am sure.
Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 14:17 - Jan 8 with 713 viewsElderGrizzly

Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 14:08 - Jan 8 by Mookamoo

Will he lose the privilege of being call 'President' Trump for the rest of his days if he was removed?

Always struck me a bit needy to have this mock titling system where they get called by their previous job if they have held office.

I'm not sure. I can't find any evidence it does remove the title.

There also isn't a huge rush (apart from the Pardon issue), as lawyers in the US appear to believe you can impeach a former President too. So it doesn't have to be done before Jan 20th to ensure he is disbarred from future public office
Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 14:19 - Jan 8 with 705 viewsElderGrizzly

Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 14:17 - Jan 8 by WD19

I'm not sure this makes much difference in reality.

His daughter running in 2024 with 'Chairman Trump' in the background would suit the family just fine I am sure.

I'm not sure if any of them will be accepted again by enough people to win the nomination.

Before Wednesday maybe, but they are in this together.
Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 14:21 - Jan 8 with 690 viewsJ2BLUE

Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 14:17 - Jan 8 by ElderGrizzly

I'm not sure. I can't find any evidence it does remove the title.

There also isn't a huge rush (apart from the Pardon issue), as lawyers in the US appear to believe you can impeach a former President too. So it doesn't have to be done before Jan 20th to ensure he is disbarred from future public office

President Clinton suggests it doesn't?

Truly impaired.

Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 14:23 - Jan 8 with 684 viewsElderGrizzly

Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 14:21 - Jan 8 by J2BLUE

He wasn't removed from office.

Just to expand on that. Impeachment is a two step process. Clinton had the same that happened to Trump. HoR impeached, Senate didn't remove.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2021 14:27]
Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 14:23 - Jan 8 with 681 viewsWD19

Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 14:19 - Jan 8 by ElderGrizzly

I'm not sure if any of them will be accepted again by enough people to win the nomination.

Before Wednesday maybe, but they are in this together.

I've been assuming they will go for straight blackmail. Either Ivanka gets the nomination or they set up a new party and splinter the Republican party.

In effect the only way the Republican party can win the next election is by having a candidate Trump inc. approve of........etc etc.....

Its going to be messy either way.
Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 14:24 - Jan 8 with 676 viewsMookamoo

Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 14:21 - Jan 8 by J2BLUE

Wasn't Clinton eventually acquitted? I'm wondering what happens if he was convicted and removed.

Perhaps rather than 'President', they get labeled with the crime, ie Sex Pest Bill Clinton and Raving Loony Nazi Donald J Trump
Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 14:25 - Jan 8 with 675 viewsElderGrizzly

Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 14:23 - Jan 8 by WD19

I've been assuming they will go for straight blackmail. Either Ivanka gets the nomination or they set up a new party and splinter the Republican party.

In effect the only way the Republican party can win the next election is by having a candidate Trump inc. approve of........etc etc.....

Its going to be messy either way.

Tom Cotton is the answer. Trump in policy, but more Pence in traditional republican way.

And yes, they could go for the usual Trump route of intimidation. Apparently Ivanka was being lined up to take on Marco Rubio for the Senate seat in Florida
Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 14:29 - Jan 8 with 652 viewsJ2BLUE

Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 14:23 - Jan 8 by ElderGrizzly

He wasn't removed from office.

Just to expand on that. Impeachment is a two step process. Clinton had the same that happened to Trump. HoR impeached, Senate didn't remove.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2021 14:27]

Ahh, cheers.

Truly impaired.

Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 14:34 - Jan 8 with 637 viewsNthQldITFC

Impeachment vote by middle of next week at the latest on 14:25 - Jan 8 by ElderGrizzly

Tom Cotton is the answer. Trump in policy, but more Pence in traditional republican way.

And yes, they could go for the usual Trump route of intimidation. Apparently Ivanka was being lined up to take on Marco Rubio for the Senate seat in Florida

I'd love to see the Republicans picking Cotton.

(Sorry, that MUST have been done before.)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024