Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Online grocery shopping 14:54 - Jan 8 with 3492 viewsLeaky

Due to self isolation we did our first online grocery shop today. I think in normal circumstances I could done my shopping in store, put it all away, gone to the pub for lunch , had 3 pints & still have been done quicker. However grateful for the service & do realise with practice we would be quicker.
Online grocery shopping on 14:56 - Jan 8 with 2907 viewsJ2BLUE

What do you mean? What was slow about it? Waiting for them to arrive in your time slot?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Online grocery shopping on 14:58 - Jan 8 with 2891 viewsSuffolkPOSH

Congrats on getting a slot, I remember during the first lockdown watching my neighbour have 4 deliveries before I got my first.
Online grocery shopping on 14:59 - Jan 8 with 2876 viewsclive_baker

Online grocery shopping on 14:56 - Jan 8 by J2BLUE

What do you mean? What was slow about it? Waiting for them to arrive in your time slot?

Given he's expecting to get quicker with practice I presume he means actually navigating the website and ordering.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if you can save a shopping list on Sainsburys? 60% of what I buy is the same each week, and I always fanny around adding the same items.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Online grocery shopping on 15:00 - Jan 8 with 2864 viewsRyorry

Online grocery shopping on 14:58 - Jan 8 by SuffolkPOSH

Congrats on getting a slot, I remember during the first lockdown watching my neighbour have 4 deliveries before I got my first.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Online grocery shopping on 15:01 - Jan 8 with 2850 viewsJ2BLUE

Online grocery shopping on 14:59 - Jan 8 by clive_baker

Given he's expecting to get quicker with practice I presume he means actually navigating the website and ordering.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if you can save a shopping list on Sainsburys? 60% of what I buy is the same each week, and I always fanny around adding the same items.

Ahh ok.

Yea i'm sure he will get quicker.

Online orders have been my saviour during this pandemic.

Truly impaired.

Online grocery shopping on 15:03 - Jan 8 with 2838 viewsbluelagos

The good thing is that the website will remember what you bought last time so you will get prompts next time - "Did you want to buy some Adnams beer" or whatever.

You can also reorder the same things - then add what you need. So it defo gets a lot quicker doing the ordering :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Online grocery shopping on 15:08 - Jan 8 with 2819 viewsLankHenners

I'm not sure you can save a list but pretty sure they save what you buy under the 'favourites' tab next to 'groceries' then you just add stuff to the basket from there without searching it up every time.

Been a while since I used it so could be wrong.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Online grocery shopping on 15:14 - Jan 8 with 2788 viewsLeaky

Online grocery shopping on 14:56 - Jan 8 by J2BLUE

Getting a time slot
Login to get fewer ads

Online grocery shopping on 15:18 - Jan 8 with 2756 viewsLeaky

Yes navigating the website, keep looking at this weird blue thing going round & around. Oh for the days of Arkwright & Granville.
Online grocery shopping on 15:20 - Jan 8 with 2742 viewsRyorry

I know what you mean - takes ages to choose right stuff online, list your subs if you want, add notes for shopper (Waitrose), constantly re-write & save delivery directions for driver (which are never saved - Sainsburys); deal with error notices when trying to pay - clear cookies/cache/(Sainsburys) just for payment to go through; hang about waiting for delivery, bag deliveries, quarantine stuff, sort out missing items & claim for refund for damaged items etc - some of Sains veg have been downright bad recently.

Online grocery shopping on 15:22 - Jan 8 with 2732 viewsRyorry

Not sure if it's Sains, but with at least one of the supermarkets you can view previous orders, then click the box for 'shop from this order' - then all those same items will be added to your current trolley.

Online grocery shopping on 15:32 - Jan 8 with 2696 viewsLeaky

Online grocery shopping on 15:03 - Jan 8 by bluelagos

The good thing is that the website will remember what you bought last time so you will get prompts next time - "Did you want to buy some Adnams beer" or whatever.

You can also reorder the same things - then add what you need. So it defo gets a lot quicker doing the ordering :-)

The fact that the website will remember my previous order gives me some hope if I have to use it again, Hopefully I can re-join the human race next week.
Online grocery shopping on 15:50 - Jan 8 with 2663 viewsbluelagos

Online grocery shopping on 15:32 - Jan 8 by Leaky

The fact that the website will remember my previous order gives me some hope if I have to use it again, Hopefully I can re-join the human race next week.

Another tip is to make your order 2 weeks ahead (Far easier to get a slot) and just order like, 10 tins of beans.

Then the night before, you can go and amend your order for want you actually need. Make sure you do the amends or you end up with 10 tins of beans though. (Put a reminder in your diary)

Online grocery shopping on 16:05 - Jan 8 with 2629 viewsLeaky

Online grocery shopping on 15:50 - Jan 8 by bluelagos

Another tip is to make your order 2 weeks ahead (Far easier to get a slot) and just order like, 10 tins of beans.

Then the night before, you can go and amend your order for want you actually need. Make sure you do the amends or you end up with 10 tins of beans though. (Put a reminder in your diary)

I managed to book a priority slot. ok its 21-00 to 22-00 on Saturday , I take your point about booking a slot putting 10 cans of beans in your basket to reserve your slot. However is this just adding to the problem. Hopefully baring showing symptoms of covid I can get back to normal, what ever that is.
Online grocery shopping on 16:19 - Jan 8 with 2583 viewsclive_baker

Online grocery shopping on 15:18 - Jan 8 by Leaky

Yes navigating the website, keep looking at this weird blue thing going round & around. Oh for the days of Arkwright & Granville.

To be fair, the sites aren't usually as slow as they are at the moment. There's just so much demand and traffic to the site. Bit like this place when Phil gets the ban hammer out.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Online grocery shopping on 16:26 - Jan 8 with 2554 viewsJ2BLUE

Online grocery shopping on 16:05 - Jan 8 by Leaky

I managed to book a priority slot. ok its 21-00 to 22-00 on Saturday , I take your point about booking a slot putting 10 cans of beans in your basket to reserve your slot. However is this just adding to the problem. Hopefully baring showing symptoms of covid I can get back to normal, what ever that is.

It might be adding to the problem but it's standard practice for many people. My family* books one a week with two bottles of whiskey then edits it the night before. It's what you have to do.

*Three households before it's sorted and safely left in the porches of other two houses.

Truly impaired.

Online grocery shopping on 16:50 - Jan 8 with 2449 viewsjeera

Online grocery shopping on 16:26 - Jan 8 by J2BLUE

It might be adding to the problem but it's standard practice for many people. My family* books one a week with two bottles of whiskey then edits it the night before. It's what you have to do.

*Three households before it's sorted and safely left in the porches of other two houses.

"two bottles of whiskey then edits it the night before."

Upped to 3 bottles?

I do the same as it goes, like you say just to get the slot, though am happy to do a Click & Collect to at least give the car a short run.

Last year it sat in its parking spot for weeks and developed all sorts of problems from lack of use.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Online grocery shopping on 17:00 - Jan 8 with 2419 viewsbluelagos

Online grocery shopping on 16:50 - Jan 8 by jeera

"two bottles of whiskey then edits it the night before."

Upped to 3 bottles?

I do the same as it goes, like you say just to get the slot, though am happy to do a Click & Collect to at least give the car a short run.

Last year it sat in its parking spot for weeks and developed all sorts of problems from lack of use.

One of the old ladies in the village, helped her shop a couple of times in LD1 and suggested she could register for online deliveries, as she was clearly vulnerable.

First time she tried to register she calls me and tells me it rejected her as she had to have severe asthma rather than just asthma to be prioritised. (She was in her 80s)

Bless her, when I told her just to click to say she had severe asthma she was worried she could get in trouble. Told her <redacted> won't have access to her medical records but she was genuinely scared poor dear.

What a fcking year...

Online grocery shopping on 17:07 - Jan 8 with 2408 viewsronnyd

Online grocery shopping on 15:20 - Jan 8 by Ryorry

I know what you mean - takes ages to choose right stuff online, list your subs if you want, add notes for shopper (Waitrose), constantly re-write & save delivery directions for driver (which are never saved - Sainsburys); deal with error notices when trying to pay - clear cookies/cache/(Sainsburys) just for payment to go through; hang about waiting for delivery, bag deliveries, quarantine stuff, sort out missing items & claim for refund for damaged items etc - some of Sains veg have been downright bad recently.

As the person who does the family shop,( in person), i can heartily agree with your last sentance
Online grocery shopping on 17:50 - Jan 8 with 2332 viewsCoastalblue

Living in a central London 5th floor flat with no parking for miles I had an online order delivered weekly for several years, had it totally off pat, even to comparing basket prices between sites etc.

Not had one since March, just can't get one unless I order weeks ahead, I hate this pandemic.

Not their greatest fan but have to say that the Tesco click and collect service at Beckton is amazing, they have totally nailed it and no way will I go back to Sainsburys second rate option again. Tesco have a better booze choice too.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Online grocery shopping on 18:00 - Jan 8 with 2310 viewsjeera

Online grocery shopping on 17:00 - Jan 8 by bluelagos

One of the old ladies in the village, helped her shop a couple of times in LD1 and suggested she could register for online deliveries, as she was clearly vulnerable.

First time she tried to register she calls me and tells me it rejected her as she had to have severe asthma rather than just asthma to be prioritised. (She was in her 80s)

Bless her, when I told her just to click to say she had severe asthma she was worried she could get in trouble. Told her <redacted> won't have access to her medical records but she was genuinely scared poor dear.

What a fcking year...

Her age alone should have done.

I've stayed up all night several times to get my mum a delivery but cannot get anything for her at the moment at all. She's ok for now and has a decent neighbour fortunately who gets her bits and bobs when she goes out.

On each of her orders throughout the year I added just an extra item here and there to store in case this happened again and she thought i was mad.

Now she sees the reasoning. She can't go out herself and we can't get a delivery and I am 3 hours away!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Online grocery shopping on 18:18 - Jan 8 with 2253 viewsfactual_blue

One doesn't have that sort of problem with Fortnums.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Online grocery shopping on 18:23 - Jan 8 with 2239 viewsCoastalblue

Online grocery shopping on 18:18 - Jan 8 by factual_blue

One doesn't have that sort of problem with Fortnums.

I know that's tongue in cheek, but actually they had a disaster over Christmas with lots of hampers not arriving on the specified date, and many not even before Christmas.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Online grocery shopping on 21:32 - Jan 8 with 2147 viewswitchdoctor

Online grocery shopping on 18:00 - Jan 8 by jeera

Her age alone should have done.

I've stayed up all night several times to get my mum a delivery but cannot get anything for her at the moment at all. She's ok for now and has a decent neighbour fortunately who gets her bits and bobs when she goes out.

On each of her orders throughout the year I added just an extra item here and there to store in case this happened again and she thought i was mad.

Now she sees the reasoning. She can't go out herself and we can't get a delivery and I am 3 hours away!

Asda will be offering more slots from Feb...starting from 7am until 11pm..
Online grocery shopping on 23:23 - Jan 8 with 2048 viewshoppy

Online grocery shopping on 15:03 - Jan 8 by bluelagos

Do you still get them asking if you want to buy some more caviar etc?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024