Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And it takes a step closer... 12:11 - Jan 9 with 466 viewsPendejo

Got a message last night that a volunteer we worked with on NYE tested positive on Thursday 7th, so our coordinator has closed the hub and insisted on negative tests before allowing volunteers to return.

This particular individual was always being reminded to wear a mask and closing the windows of the hub building (cos it's cold) and, I believe, travelled away from London for Christmas. She was also one of the volunteers putting in the most hours, plenty of cross contamination opportunity.

My wife had worked at relatively close quarters with her NYE and had shared a bus ride, and when she woke up coughing this morning...

Given that London is riddled with covid, areas like Barking and Dagenham with 1 in 15 infected the danger is there whenever we venture out; volunteering, delivering food, helping my elderly uncle, shopping or exercising (though I try to stay away from others)

Anyone else think if it wasn't for the goblin who worked for Boris performing an eye test at Bernard Castle the virus could have been arrested earlier? Once that news came out lockdowns appear to have been less observed by Joe Public.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

And it takes a step closer... on 12:17 - Jan 9 with 409 viewsstantheman

I reckon 98% of people not following advice re covid do not know who the hell he is or what he did.
And it takes a step closer... on 12:27 - Jan 9 with 380 viewsKropotkin123

I feel there was a massive swing in those taking it seriously when Dominic Cummings not only broke government rules, but also escaped police fines, didn't resign and was excused by BJ.

The enforcement of Covid restrictions by companies is pretty non-existant too. People not wearing masks supermarkets, etc. And no one saying anything.

I had to use the tube once, and there was a guy opposite me with his mask around his chin. Everyone else had it on, so I told him to wear it properly. An eye roll came back, but he put it on properly.

But how many people have I challenged? They were probably the only person, as it was so close. I haven't challenged people in supermarkets and haven't seen anyone else challenge people. By not challenging people, we give the signal that it is okay. So it is on us too, even though I feel like isn't.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 12:28]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024