Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC still desperately bigging up the FA Cup 13:01 - Jan 9 with 1728 viewsRadlett_blue

Yes, they have 8 live games, but I do find it pathetic when they try to whip up excitement over a near full strength Liverpool breezing past Villa's youth team & they will get even more excited if Chorley defeat what will still be "Wayne Rooney's Derby" even though neither he nor any of their first team squad will be there.
Wonder if anyone will notice the near empty stadia, which have become a norm for the FA Cup early rounds.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

BBC still desperately bigging up the FA Cup on 13:03 - Jan 9 with 1699 viewsLeaky

I agree, but we have best league in the world
BBC still desperately bigging up the FA Cup on 13:06 - Jan 9 with 1673 viewsHerbivore

What else did you expect?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

BBC still desperately bigging up the FA Cup on 13:18 - Jan 9 with 1641 viewsRyorry

Well I for one am looking forward to the Mighty Marine v Spurs, as I imagine are all the residents with gardens & windows overlooking Marine's ground, so yah boo sucks!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

BBC still desperately bigging up the FA Cup on 13:27 - Jan 9 with 1611 viewsLeaky

BBC still desperately bigging up the FA Cup on 13:18 - Jan 9 by Ryorry

Well I for one am looking forward to the Mighty Marine v Spurs, as I imagine are all the residents with gardens & windows overlooking Marine's ground, so yah boo sucks!

If its as foggy there as it is in rural Cambridgeshire you won't see a lot
BBC still desperately bigging up the FA Cup on 13:29 - Jan 9 with 1601 viewsSitfcB

BBC still desperately bigging up the FA Cup on 13:27 - Jan 9 by Leaky

Clear blue skies and sunny in Ipswich.

...and the game at Marine isn’t for another 27 and a half hours anyway.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

BBC still desperately bigging up the FA Cup on 13:29 - Jan 9 with 1596 viewsRyorry

BBC still desperately bigging up the FA Cup on 13:27 - Jan 9 by Leaky

Game is tomorrow 4.30pm live on BBC1 (assuming they get their pitch cleared).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

BBC still desperately bigging up the FA Cup on 13:39 - Jan 9 with 1578 viewsPendejo

BBC still desperately bigging up the FA Cup on 13:29 - Jan 9 by SitfcB

Clear blue skies and sunny in Ipswich.

...and the game at Marine isn’t for another 27 and a half hours anyway.

Not to mention about 250 miles and another completely different micro climate.

Used to travel Anglesey a lot on business and it never ceased to amaze me the difference in weather either side of the Conwy Tunnel.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

BBC still desperately bigging up the FA Cup on 14:06 - Jan 9 with 1519 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I sometimes wonder how much this is down to the lack of appeal and loss of magic of the cup and how much it is us because there is none for us because we are so poor we never get a cup run.

I think this will have been a great experience for Chorley somewhat tempered for their fans that they cannot go.

I recall the chance to go and experience Dagenham and Redbridge being an excitement for us. These things no longer are because we experience it every other week now. To play a big club would be less exciting than it once was because they do not take it seriously and we would have to win 2 rounds in order to be able to anyway and that doesn't look like happening. Our semi-final in the league cup was a bit of fun going to watch us at the Emirates.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

BBC still desperately bigging up the FA Cup on 14:24 - Jan 9 with 1458 viewsTrequartista

The fact Aston Villa were quite happy to vitually concede the tie rather than request postponement says everything you need to know about the death of the F.A. Cup

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

BBC still desperately bigging up the FA Cup on 15:54 - Jan 9 with 1339 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

BBC still desperately bigging up the FA Cup on 16:23 - Jan 9 with 1264 viewsRadlett_blue

BBC still desperately bigging up the FA Cup on 14:06 - Jan 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

I sometimes wonder how much this is down to the lack of appeal and loss of magic of the cup and how much it is us because there is none for us because we are so poor we never get a cup run.

I think this will have been a great experience for Chorley somewhat tempered for their fans that they cannot go.

I recall the chance to go and experience Dagenham and Redbridge being an excitement for us. These things no longer are because we experience it every other week now. To play a big club would be less exciting than it once was because they do not take it seriously and we would have to win 2 rounds in order to be able to anyway and that doesn't look like happening. Our semi-final in the league cup was a bit of fun going to watch us at the Emirates.

And in the desperation to secure any amount of TV money (which doesn't make clubs take the competition more seriously) there is now the grand total of TWO out of 32 3rd round ties kicking off at 3pm today. I accept the plum fixtures (plus Man U's game, however uninteresting) will be moved for live TV, but this is ridiculous.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 16:24]

BBC still desperately bigging up the FA Cup on 16:32 - Jan 9 with 1234 viewstractordownsouth

I'll never understand why mid-table Prem sides play their reserves in the cup. I remember 2 years ago Bournemouth were playing Brighton at home in Round 3 and lost 3-1 because they played an under-strength team. I can understand European contenders and relegation-threatened clubs choosing to neglect the cup, but that season Bournemouth were comfortably above the bottom 3 and miles below the top 7, so what did they have to lose by playing their best XI?

Wolves and Palace put out near-full strength sides last night though which was good to see, and so have Burnley and Sheff United today.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

BBC still desperately bigging up the FA Cup on 16:57 - Jan 9 with 1163 viewsAlanG296

BBC still desperately bigging up the FA Cup on 16:23 - Jan 9 by Radlett_blue

And in the desperation to secure any amount of TV money (which doesn't make clubs take the competition more seriously) there is now the grand total of TWO out of 32 3rd round ties kicking off at 3pm today. I accept the plum fixtures (plus Man U's game, however uninteresting) will be moved for live TV, but this is ridiculous.

Looked like 10not 2 to me
BBC still desperately bigging up the FA Cup on 17:00 - Jan 9 with 1156 viewsNthsuffolkblue

BBC still desperately bigging up the FA Cup on 16:23 - Jan 9 by Radlett_blue

It's not really because this is the only way that fans can watch the games.

If it is the situation once we are clear of all the restrictions then I agree but right now covering as many games as possible is right and if that takes moving times that is a reasonable price to pay in a situation where most people are very flexible with their time.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

BBC still desperately bigging up the FA Cup on 17:05 - Jan 9 with 1141 viewssnudge27

BBC still desperately bigging up the FA Cup on 14:24 - Jan 9 by Trequartista

The fact Aston Villa were quite happy to vitually concede the tie rather than request postponement says everything you need to know about the death of the F.A. Cup

I'm not sure Villa could have requested a postponement, given that they were able to put together a 14-man squad drawn from U18 upwards.

The same goes for Derby.

My understanding of the rules this season is that you can only postpone if you cannot put together a 14-man squad comprising players from U18 and upwards.

Poll: Who is the best Lord?

BBC still desperately bigging up the FA Cup on 17:10 - Jan 9 with 1128 viewsRadlett_blue

BBC still desperately bigging up the FA Cup on 16:57 - Jan 9 by AlanG296

Looked like 10not 2 to me

Oops misread that from the BBC web site. more fake news, better storm Television Centre, only to find it's moved from Wood Lane to Salford.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024