Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WTF 17:50 - Jan 9 with 1418 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Is chambo doing in the CB position enabling the cross?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

WTF on 17:51 - Jan 9 with 1399 viewsbluefunk

He tracked his man inside, Jackson failed to track his man, whose cross was headed in by Chambers man, altogether a clusterf*ck
WTF on 17:51 - Jan 9 with 1385 viewsDanTheMan

WTF on 17:51 - Jan 9 by bluefunk

He tracked his man inside, Jackson failed to track his man, whose cross was headed in by Chambers man, altogether a clusterf*ck

Yup, that's how I saw it. You even see Ward immediately turn to have a go at Jackson after it goes in.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

WTF on 17:53 - Jan 9 with 1334 viewsChrisd

Spot on. Any excuse to have a go at Chambers. He did what he was meant to do in that situation, Jackson didn’t and was caught ball watching.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

WTF on 17:54 - Jan 9 with 1319 viewsLankHenners

WTF on 17:51 - Jan 9 by DanTheMan

Yup, that's how I saw it. You even see Ward immediately turn to have a go at Jackson after it goes in.

Yep, issue with having a striker playing out wide and not having the discipline to track back. Needs to do it but if not the right side CM comes across and covers. Pretty basic coaching instruction.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

WTF on 17:57 - Jan 9 with 1273 viewsChrisd

WTF on 17:54 - Jan 9 by LankHenners

Yep, issue with having a striker playing out wide and not having the discipline to track back. Needs to do it but if not the right side CM comes across and covers. Pretty basic coaching instruction.

That’s not coaching, that’s the player being a little more accountable. Lambert can’t do the job for him on the park. Jackson knows his role and what’s expected.

WTF on 17:59 - Jan 9 with 1254 viewsScuzzer

I thought Chambers was supposedly our right back....got caught way out of position decided to try and cover in the middle but is so slow nowadays he got there far too late....
But people on here will still try to defend him.

Established 1968

WTF on 18:02 - Jan 9 with 1224 viewsDanTheMan

WTF on 17:59 - Jan 9 by Scuzzer

I thought Chambers was supposedly our right back....got caught way out of position decided to try and cover in the middle but is so slow nowadays he got there far too late....

Probably because people go straight to blaming him for things where he's not really at fault.

If he's not there, there's a free man in the centre.

WTF on 18:02 - Jan 9 with 1222 viewsChrisd

WTF on 17:59 - Jan 9 by Scuzzer

When players get moved out of position it’s up to others to cover, Chambers was tracking his man. The Swindon player who crossed the ball was their full back.

Login to get fewer ads

WTF on 18:05 - Jan 9 with 1198 viewsLankHenners

WTF on 17:57 - Jan 9 by Chrisd

That’s not coaching, that’s the player being a little more accountable. Lambert can’t do the job for him on the park. Jackson knows his role and what’s expected.

That’s what I meant - either he’s failed his task or they’ve not been coached properly.

WTF on 18:07 - Jan 9 with 1176 viewsChrisd

WTF on 18:05 - Jan 9 by LankHenners

That’s what I meant - either he’s failed his task or they’ve not been coached properly.

To be honest, if you’re coaching kids football that’s something that goes with the territory. That’s on Jackson.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 18:17]

WTF on 18:16 - Jan 9 with 1134 viewsLankHenners

WTF on 18:07 - Jan 9 by Chrisd

To be honest, if you’re coaching kids football that’s something that goes with the territory. That’s on Jackson.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 18:17]

Obviously Jackson should track him but we’ve conceded enough goals from similar positions this season that you’d think it would have been identified and drummed into the players how to stop it.

WTF on 18:25 - Jan 9 with 1052 viewsCheltenham_Blue

You mean the same man that scored? And people are still defending him? Good grief.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

WTF on 18:28 - Jan 9 with 1023 viewsBryanPlug

WTF on 18:25 - Jan 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

You mean the same man that scored? And people are still defending him? Good grief.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

WTF on 18:29 - Jan 9 with 1000 viewsdaisyisabaddog

Chambers followed his man into the centre of the pitch on the half way line and allowed the left back a clear run. Then Chambers got to the penalty area when he let his man get away from him for a free header.

Take him out and shoot him
WTF on 18:29 - Jan 9 with 990 viewsjayessess

WTF on 18:02 - Jan 9 by DanTheMan

Probably because people go straight to blaming him for things where he's not really at fault.

If he's not there, there's a free man in the centre.

The free man was in the centre, scoring the header, because our right back not only got sucked across following him but then stopped following him when he ran into the penalty area.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

WTF on 18:30 - Jan 9 with 983 viewsbilllm

Jackson needs his ass kicked knob
WTF on 18:30 - Jan 9 with 982 viewsDanTheMan

WTF on 18:28 - Jan 9 by BryanPlug

And yet there were multiple threads criticising him.

The idea he is beyond criticism is equally laughable given how popular it seems to be.

But you could always try crying about it a little more when people don't agree with you I guess.

WTF on 18:30 - Jan 9 with 976 viewsbluefunk

WTF on 18:25 - Jan 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

A clusterf*ck as I said, however, Jackson was primarily responsible, because he basically gave his man time and space to pick out a great ball. Chambo shouldn’t have let him get a free header in though
WTF on 18:35 - Jan 9 with 925 viewsDanTheMan

WTF on 18:29 - Jan 9 by jayessess

The free man was in the centre, scoring the header, because our right back not only got sucked across following him but then stopped following him when he ran into the penalty area.

I never said he was faultless, there is some blame for him for the goal but he they put in a cross in so much bloody room because Jackson completely lost his man.

They're both at fault but most people's immediate reaction is to put all the blame at Chambers door for, bizarrely, not both tracking the man in the centre properly and also being in the centre.

WTF on 18:36 - Jan 9 with 921 viewsMach_foreignBlue

WTF on 18:28 - Jan 9 by BryanPlug

He is oUr lEaDeR aNd mOtIvAtOr......some will need to remind you that
WTF on 18:38 - Jan 9 with 892 viewsBryanPlug

WTF on 18:36 - Jan 9 by Mach_foreignBlue

He is oUr lEaDeR aNd mOtIvAtOr......some will need to remind you that

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

WTF on 18:39 - Jan 9 with 885 viewsjayessess

WTF on 18:30 - Jan 9 by bluefunk

A clusterf*ck as I said, however, Jackson was primarily responsible, because he basically gave his man time and space to pick out a great ball. Chambo shouldn’t have let him get a free header in though

Jackson is right winger, he has attacking responsibilities and it's not his job to sit on their right back for 90 minutes. Sometimes he's going to get caught up field when we lose the ball.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

WTF on 18:41 - Jan 9 with 870 viewsChrisd

WTF on 18:39 - Jan 9 by jayessess

Jackson is right winger, he has attacking responsibilities and it's not his job to sit on their right back for 90 minutes. Sometimes he's going to get caught up field when we lose the ball.

Blimey, that really is short sighted. He also has defensive responsibilities in the role he is being asked to play.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024