Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can someone please explain to me... 18:10 - Jan 9 with 705 viewsGodBlue

how this isn’t a coaching issue?!

Lambert and his cohorts have added no value to this team. Not a single positive thing.

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

Can someone please explain to me... on 18:13 - Jan 9 with 647 viewsTieDyedIn95

As bad as he is, I do think we massively overate the team. The standard just isn't there, we're in about the position we should expect for the standard we have played all season. We have many people on the books why shouldn't have been anywhere near this club, not in a million years and that's due to the incompetence of Evans at the top. Remember this is about a playing style and long term vision for the club, and if this is it then maybe going out of business isn't such a bad option.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Can someone please explain to me... on 18:20 - Jan 9 with 573 viewsunstableblue

This is definitely coaching, I get that Swindon are keeping some structure and defending with real energy and numbers, and also understand we are lacking so many flair players in Bishop, KVY and Edwards.... but we need to coach in transitions and movement to break teams down and go beyond passing along the back.

Our confidence is clearly shot, so you need to fall back on agreed plays and shape.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Can someone please explain to me... on 18:24 - Jan 9 with 525 viewsBlueBadger

Can someone please explain to me... on 18:20 - Jan 9 by unstableblue

This is definitely coaching, I get that Swindon are keeping some structure and defending with real energy and numbers, and also understand we are lacking so many flair players in Bishop, KVY and Edwards.... but we need to coach in transitions and movement to break teams down and go beyond passing along the back.

Our confidence is clearly shot, so you need to fall back on agreed plays and shape.

LOL

Lambert's been coaching us to play '12 passes then lump it' Technical Football all season.

We were doing exactly the same against Pompey back in October, when we had a fair few 'flair' players available.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 18:27]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Can someone please explain to me... on 18:25 - Jan 9 with 488 viewscooperd5

Can someone please explain to me... on 18:13 - Jan 9 by TieDyedIn95

As bad as he is, I do think we massively overate the team. The standard just isn't there, we're in about the position we should expect for the standard we have played all season. We have many people on the books why shouldn't have been anywhere near this club, not in a million years and that's due to the incompetence of Evans at the top. Remember this is about a playing style and long term vision for the club, and if this is it then maybe going out of business isn't such a bad option.

No we don’t, the squad is good enough for this bang-average league it’s just not coached, no game plan and certainly no urgency or desire. It’s crying out for a new coach who can take the team with him/her.
Someone else wrote it best, a good coach makes the team more than the sum of the parts, Lambert doesn’t.
Can someone please explain to me... on 18:33 - Jan 9 with 430 viewsjayessess

Can someone please explain to me... on 18:20 - Jan 9 by unstableblue

How is our confidence shot? We haven't had a game for weeks and won the last one we played?!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Can someone please explain to me... on 18:45 - Jan 9 with 386 viewsGodBlue

I disagree that the squad isn’t good enough. But it’s impossible to tell with this tragically pedestrian and laboured style of football!

The confidence point is interesting. I don’t think they look like they don’t have confidence in their own ability, so I assume it’s the system! They look about as enthusiastic about it as everyone else is!

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024