Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watching Ipswich for over 57 years, I can honestly say this is the worst managed 19:41 - Jan 9 with 2106 viewscarlisleaway

team I have seen. Playing the Lambert way is making ordinary players look worse, look how teams have torn us apart with pace down the flanks and put dangerous balls into the box. We are going nowhere under Lambert and long term if Evans continues with PL we will end up in the 2nd Division.
The last few years has depressed me as an Ipswich fan and can see no hope until that man goes.
Watching Ipswich for over 57 years, I can honestly say this is the worst managed on 19:51 - Jan 9 with 1983 viewsIP12

I think that the Jackie Milburn sides would give them a good run for the money.....
Watching Ipswich for over 57 years, I can honestly say this is the worst managed on 19:53 - Jan 9 with 1963 viewsBassett_Blue

My mate who is a Swindon fan, and has watched us against Lincoln earlier in the season and today, summed it up by saying 'I'm not sure what your gameplan is, so slow moving the ball'.

We just look totally devoid of any ideas, it is as though we have dragged 11 strangers off the street and asked them to play as a team for the first time.
Watching Ipswich for over 57 years, I can honestly say this is the worst managed on 19:53 - Jan 9 with 1956 viewsScuzzer

53 years for me. This is as bad as I can remember...even the short period of the hyper negative tactics employed by Mick McGiven.
Everything about the club is poor...poor owner...poor manager...poor coaching...poor players. Can you really imagine us playing in League 2...cos frighteningly i am just coming to terms with the fact that it just might happen.

Established 1968

Watching Ipswich for over 57 years, I can honestly say this is the worst managed on 19:53 - Jan 9 with 1947 viewsbackwaywhen

My thoughts exactly, been going since 1968 and never been so despondent and angry about the way the club is in steep steep decline , one up front at home tonight was the writing on the wall from kick off ..... Lambert is waiting / wanting to be sacked !
Watching Ipswich for over 57 years, I can honestly say this is the worst managed on 19:55 - Jan 9 with 1897 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

It’s just shocking isn’t it? The players are so poorly coached it’s unbelievable. Players out of position, shoehorned into a system that doesn’t suit them. Slow and ponderous in possession, too much passing backwards and so little in the way of creativity. Lambert needs to go, and soon.
Watching Ipswich for over 57 years, I can honestly say this is the worst managed on 19:56 - Jan 9 with 1882 viewsMeadowlark

52 years for me. I agree.

We've seen some great football in our time though eh?
That's the only consolation I can take from this shower.

It's the youngsters who have never seen an Ipswich side do anything that I feel for.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 19:58]
Watching Ipswich for over 57 years, I can honestly say this is the worst managed on 19:59 - Jan 9 with 1831 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Watching Ipswich for over 57 years, I can honestly say this is the worst managed on 19:53 - Jan 9 by Scuzzer

53 years for me. This is as bad as I can remember...even the short period of the hyper negative tactics employed by Mick McGiven.
Everything about the club is poor...poor owner...poor manager...poor coaching...poor players. Can you really imagine us playing in League 2...cos frighteningly i am just coming to terms with the fact that it just might happen.

At least under McGivern we had a plan.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Watching Ipswich for over 57 years, I can honestly say this is the worst managed on 20:04 - Jan 9 with 1756 viewsChurchman

Watching Ipswich for over 57 years, I can honestly say this is the worst managed on 19:53 - Jan 9 by Scuzzer

Same for me. 1st game Cardiff 1968. Everything I loved about the club is gone. Even during the Duncan years, the club still had an identity. Same when Burley pitched up and we were getting trampled on and even when Magilton was doing his best. But not now. Nothing left but distant memories. If there was hope for the future, I’d be ok with it. But there isn’t. We are finished.
Login to get fewer ads

Watching Ipswich for over 57 years, I can honestly say this is the worst managed on 20:07 - Jan 9 with 1708 viewsbluejacko

That’s it for me😟 been watching ITFC since the late 60’s. Lucky enough to have seen the glory years but now I just don’t care anymore.🥺
Watching Ipswich for over 57 years, I can honestly say this is the worst managed on 20:09 - Jan 9 with 1689 viewscjwinthesun

Nov 61 my first game Ipswich 4 Man Utd 1 ..... supporter for life. There later that season to run on the pitch after 2-0 v Villa. There for the Cup Final, there for uefa cup, get to 10-20 games a year since then as I live 3 hour drive away. Follow every game on radio, tv, internet live.

I share you depression. You say second div? How low can we go? Without some changes ... very low.

That was dire!
Watching Ipswich for over 57 years, I can honestly say this is the worst managed on 20:10 - Jan 9 with 1649 viewscarlisleaway

Watching Ipswich for over 57 years, I can honestly say this is the worst managed on 19:51 - Jan 9 by IP12

I think that the Jackie Milburn sides would give them a good run for the money.....

Under Milburn we may have got relegated but at least we could attack and still score goals.
Watching Ipswich for over 57 years, I can honestly say this is the worst managed on 20:17 - Jan 9 with 1571 viewsbrushhand

Watching Ipswich for over 57 years, I can honestly say this is the worst managed on 20:07 - Jan 9 by bluejacko

That’s it for me😟 been watching ITFC since the late 60’s. Lucky enough to have seen the glory years but now I just don’t care anymore.🥺

been watching since 68, i don't think i'm entitled to anything, but i'm seriously struggling to justify paying for a season ticket.
especially when the players on the pitch don't appear to be putting in a proper shift.
it's the basics principles off playing they seem to lack, being drawn to the ball instead of staying with a player, underhit sloppy passing, wrong weight of pass, rather go back than forward.
1 up front at home, just depressed.
Watching Ipswich for over 57 years, I can honestly say this is the worst managed on 20:23 - Jan 9 with 1524 viewsbackwaywhen

Watching Ipswich for over 57 years, I can honestly say this is the worst managed on 20:17 - Jan 9 by brushhand

been watching since 68, i don't think i'm entitled to anything, but i'm seriously struggling to justify paying for a season ticket.
especially when the players on the pitch don't appear to be putting in a proper shift.
it's the basics principles off playing they seem to lack, being drawn to the ball instead of staying with a player, underhit sloppy passing, wrong weight of pass, rather go back than forward.

Lack of managerial nouse .... buck stops at the clowns in caching , Lambert out .
Watching Ipswich for over 57 years, I can honestly say this is the worst managed on 20:29 - Jan 9 with 1465 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I used to feel proud to be an Ipswich fan...these days it’s embarrassing, and I always dread the “how did your lot get on at the weekend?”
Watching Ipswich for over 57 years, I can honestly say this is the worst managed on 20:38 - Jan 9 with 1401 viewslowhouseblue

Watching Ipswich for over 57 years, I can honestly say this is the worst managed on 20:29 - Jan 9 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I used to feel proud to be an Ipswich fan...these days it’s embarrassing, and I always dread the “how did your lot get on at the weekend?”

it's worse than that, i think most people have forgotten about us.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Watching Ipswich for over 57 years, I can honestly say this is the worst managed on 20:38 - Jan 9 with 1403 viewsoldbluey

Watching Ipswich for over 57 years, I can honestly say this is the worst managed on 19:53 - Jan 9 by backwaywhen

My thoughts exactly, been going since 1968 and never been so despondent and angry about the way the club is in steep steep decline , one up front at home tonight was the writing on the wall from kick off ..... Lambert is waiting / wanting to be sacked !

I’ve been a regular supporter since the early 1960’s . There have been difficult times but nothing to match our current malaise. The Club is in terminal decline.

Poll: Chopra - do you want him to stay or want him to go?

Watching Ipswich for over 57 years, I can honestly say this is the worst managed on 20:56 - Jan 9 with 1289 viewsMeadowlark

Watching Ipswich for over 57 years, I can honestly say this is the worst managed on 20:17 - Jan 9 by brushhand

Even when they pass, the basic idea of pass & move is missing. Pass and stand still more like.

It's so frustrating watching an Ipswich side with less creativity than a park team.
Watching Ipswich for over 57 years, I can honestly say this is the worst managed on 21:46 - Jan 9 with 1140 viewsnoggin

Watching Ipswich for over 57 years, I can honestly say this is the worst managed on 19:53 - Jan 9 by Bassett_Blue

My mate who is a Swindon fan, and has watched us against Lincoln earlier in the season and today, summed it up by saying 'I'm not sure what your gameplan is, so slow moving the ball'.

We just look totally devoid of any ideas, it is as though we have dragged 11 strangers off the street and asked them to play as a team for the first time.

This is it. The game is pretty simple. Try and break down your opponents and put the ball in their goal. Lambert's plan seems to be, keep the ball and stop the opposition from getting it. Clearly we're not very good at that.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Watching Ipswich for over 57 years, I can honestly say this is the worst managed on 22:01 - Jan 9 with 1089 viewsPinewoodblue

This what annoys me the most is Lambert having the audacity to moan that the U23's and others are not playing the same style as the first team.

Today Butcher and Dyer played a behind door friendly against a Premier League reserve team, played different eleven each half, kept two clean sheets( each half) and a defender scored the only goal of the game after a move that involved 25 passes.

Ipswich women meanwhile haven't dropped a point, nor even conceded a goal in their League and if it wasn't for Covid would be heading toward Elite leagues.. Both they and the youth team are still in their cup competitions.

Lambert's shambles are the odd one out.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024