Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holy would have saved that Twines shot 21:05 - Jan 9 with 808 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Holy would have saved that Twines shot on 21:25 - Jan 9 with 746 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I found it strange to drop Holy as I don't think he was doing much wrong. Cornell then had a couple of decent games and I thought fair enough.

To blame any keeper for that goal is plain wrong. It was a great shot. The player should not have been allowed the amount of time to line it up but there we go. I initially thought he should have stopped the third but on reflection I am not so sure.

At any rate, now we have changed keeper, to swap back off the back of that performance would be counter productive.

At the end of the day, they created proper chances to score and took 3 of them. We hardly created a chance for most of the match. It is the whole patient approach even while we are losing or level with a team we should be beating that annoys me. That is not much down to the keeper except when they do have the chance to get us going on the break but don't.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Holy would have saved that Twines shot on 21:31 - Jan 9 with 719 viewsChrisd

Not a chance. In fact, I doubt any goalkeeper in world football today would have reached it. Watch the height it goes over Cornell and then dip into the net, you can’t really argue that his starting position is wrong either. Doesn’t matter that Holy is 6’9” he might not have that natural spring to get himself off the ground to make that save with his top hand. Just accept it was a terrific strike and an incredible goal, there’s no shame in that.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Holy would have saved that Twines shot on 21:43 - Jan 9 with 685 viewsHerbivore

Holy would have saved that Twines shot on 21:31 - Jan 9 by Chrisd

Not a chance. In fact, I doubt any goalkeeper in world football today would have reached it. Watch the height it goes over Cornell and then dip into the net, you can’t really argue that his starting position is wrong either. Doesn’t matter that Holy is 6’9” he might not have that natural spring to get himself off the ground to make that save with his top hand. Just accept it was a terrific strike and an incredible goal, there’s no shame in that.

We could have had the Jolly Green Giant in goal and he'd have struggled to get a hand on it. The dip he got on it and the pace as well was incredible, just a fantastic strike (not withstanding the total lack of closing him down).

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Holy would have saved that Twines shot on 21:55 - Jan 9 with 651 viewsSeablu

Holy would have saved that Twines shot on 21:43 - Jan 9 by Herbivore

We could have had the Jolly Green Giant in goal and he'd have struggled to get a hand on it. The dip he got on it and the pace as well was incredible, just a fantastic strike (not withstanding the total lack of closing him down).

I had no idea the lad ‘had that in his locker’ until the Sky commentator said he’d popped a couple of similar crackers in whilst at Newport earlier this season.

I’m sure Lambert and his assistant muppets were equally unaware.

Difference is, I’m not paid huge sums of money to know that. I’m sure Lambert or his gob on a stick mate will dismiss it as a ‘flukey one in a million strike that completely changed the game’

The problem was the space he was given to size it up.

As you say, no keeper’s going to save that.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 21:56]
Holy would have saved that Twines shot on 21:58 - Jan 9 with 636 viewsGeorge25

Tbh we did see holy get lobbed from the halfway line vs Colchester last year. While standing in a similar starting position.
Holy would have saved that Twines shot on 22:04 - Jan 9 with 615 viewsWicklowBlue

Holy would have saved that Twines shot on 21:55 - Jan 9 by Seablu

I had no idea the lad ‘had that in his locker’ until the Sky commentator said he’d popped a couple of similar crackers in whilst at Newport earlier this season.

I’m sure Lambert and his assistant muppets were equally unaware.

Difference is, I’m not paid huge sums of money to know that. I’m sure Lambert or his gob on a stick mate will dismiss it as a ‘flukey one in a million strike that completely changed the game’

The problem was the space he was given to size it up.

As you say, no keeper’s going to save that.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 21:56]

At any level if you give players time to set themselves up and have a pop shot then you risk a worldly! There was no Blues around him whatsoever....

On the flip side did we have any space like that in front of the defence? Judge did will with a pop shot, but our press and midfield is all over the place. Caddis was taking to the cleaners by Dobra once and got a yellow for it. We then kept playing down the right to Jackson....

What I am saying is we show no football nouse at all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024