Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, 21:39 - Jan 9 with 2101 viewsnoggin

with 2 games in hand. Just let that sink in for a minute....

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, on 21:51 - Jan 9 with 2054 viewsJDAndCoke

Cannot stand this righteous attitude by some of our fans and have posted similarly before. Just because Accrington don't have as many supporters as us, the biggest budget, pay the same wages or a big stadium doesn't mean they can't play good football and be right up there challenging. There's more to football than the above, look at Wycombe last season as a perfect example...
Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, on 21:54 - Jan 9 with 2038 viewsFtnfwest

Watched them on Friday v Charlton. Class above us comfortably
Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, on 21:54 - Jan 9 with 2031 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, on 21:57 - Jan 9 with 2003 viewsnoggin

Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, on 21:51 - Jan 9 by JDAndCoke

Cannot stand this righteous attitude by some of our fans and have posted similarly before. Just because Accrington don't have as many supporters as us, the biggest budget, pay the same wages or a big stadium doesn't mean they can't play good football and be right up there challenging. There's more to football than the above, look at Wycombe last season as a perfect example...

So we accept that little AS are better than us and clap politely when Judge plays another ball out of play?

Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, on 22:02 - Jan 9 with 1979 viewsJDAndCoke

Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, on 21:57 - Jan 9 by noggin

So we accept that little AS are better than us and clap politely when Judge plays another ball out of play?

I didn't even mention us in my post. Just merely stating a fact that just because of the size of their football club doesn't mean they shouldn't be up there. Plenty more to football than 'size of club'. Where we are has nothing to do with my point and neither does Alan Judge
Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, on 22:03 - Jan 9 with 1969 viewsnoggin

Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, on 22:02 - Jan 9 by JDAndCoke

I didn't even mention us in my post. Just merely stating a fact that just because of the size of their football club doesn't mean they shouldn't be up there. Plenty more to football than 'size of club'. Where we are has nothing to do with my point and neither does Alan Judge

Yeah ok.

Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, on 22:03 - Jan 9 with 1964 viewsstiff_talking

Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, on 22:02 - Jan 9 by JDAndCoke

We will be fine when we get our best players back !
Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, on 22:04 - Jan 9 with 1959 viewsnoggin

Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, on 22:03 - Jan 9 by stiff_talking

We will be fine when we get our best players back !

What do you mean by 'fine'?

Login to get fewer ads

Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, on 22:11 - Jan 9 with 1926 viewsJDAndCoke

Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, on 22:03 - Jan 9 by noggin

Yeah ok.

If football worked in the way you initially described then Bournemouth wouldn't have been in the Prem for a number of years, Burnley and Sheff Utd wouldn't be there now and Wycombe wouldn't be in the Champ. Similarly us, Sunderland and Pompey wouldn't be in L1 and Bolton/Bradford wouldn't be in L2. Budget and stadium size helps but doesn't define the leagues
Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, on 22:13 - Jan 9 with 1907 viewsnoggin

Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, on 22:11 - Jan 9 by JDAndCoke

If football worked in the way you initially described then Bournemouth wouldn't have been in the Prem for a number of years, Burnley and Sheff Utd wouldn't be there now and Wycombe wouldn't be in the Champ. Similarly us, Sunderland and Pompey wouldn't be in L1 and Bolton/Bradford wouldn't be in L2. Budget and stadium size helps but doesn't define the leagues

You're stating the obvious. If, God forbid, ITFC dropped below Lowestoft Town, you don't think we should mention that?
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 22:16]

Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, on 22:19 - Jan 9 with 1864 viewsstiff_talking

Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, on 22:13 - Jan 9 by noggin

You're stating the obvious. If, God forbid, ITFC dropped below Lowestoft Town, you don't think we should mention that?

Do Accrington play one up front ?
Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, on 22:20 - Jan 9 with 1861 viewsJDAndCoke

Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, on 22:13 - Jan 9 by noggin

Given that Accrington are a professional football club bordering on promotion to the second tier of English football and Lowestoft are a non-league, semi-pro club I'm not sure this even requires further discussion
Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, on 22:21 - Jan 9 with 1858 viewsnoggin

Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, on 22:19 - Jan 9 by stiff_talking

Do Accrington play one up front ?

Surely they would if they were at home to Lowestoft.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 22:21]

Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, on 22:21 - Jan 9 with 1855 viewsSuperblue95

Bournemouth bought and cheated their way to the prem.

Don’t ever give them the ‘plucky little Bournemouth’ tag the media gave them. They’re c*nts

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, on 22:30 - Jan 9 with 1814 viewsAlanG296

Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, on 22:21 - Jan 9 by noggin

Surely they would if they were at home to Lowestoft.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 22:21]

It's not anything to do with size of club however measured, but most people would see that Accrington are currently getting more value for their budget than us and many others. The salary cap will make high standards of player development, selection, recruitment and coaching critical. With Evans, O'Neill, Lambert and Co., we've got no chance.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 22:35]
Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, on 22:30 - Jan 9 with 1811 viewsWD19

Good management does.

Therein sits the problem.
Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, on 22:35 - Jan 9 with 1778 viewsbluefunk

Can we not just stop this constant picking at the scab of our current predicament? We all know where we are, no one needs reminding, it doesn’t need further emphasis.
Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, on 22:39 - Jan 9 with 1765 viewsBlueBadger

Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, on 21:51 - Jan 9 by JDAndCoke

I don't think it's overly entitled to think 'we should be doing better than Accrington Stanley' is an achievable ambition to have as ITFC fans.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, on 22:48 - Jan 9 with 1734 viewspistonbroke

How can Accrington be above us , I’m constantly reading on here that we can’t beat teams above us
Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, on 22:49 - Jan 9 with 1731 viewsJDAndCoke

Accrington Stanley are a point ahead of us, on 22:39 - Jan 9 by BlueBadger

I don't think it's overly entitled to think 'we should be doing better than Accrington Stanley' is an achievable ambition to have as ITFC fans.

I'm not sure I agree. I think as ITFC fans we should expect better than our current position but that's a separate issue to comparing us to another club just because they are supposedly smaller than us. We need to focus on ourselves and if other clubs are doing well, good for them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024