Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In three months' time the club will be asking for season ticket renewals 09:32 - Jan 10 with 2337 viewsSomethingBlue

Those renewals and purchases will require a considerable leap of goodwill in any case given that next season will almost certainly begin with very low capacities. Evans has to wake up right now because I don't see or hear much of that goodwill from people I speak to, even those for whom cutting that bond would cause some serious emotional pain. I've said this until I'm blue in the face but, in the Football League, the clubs that come out of Covid-19 looking upwardly mobile are the ones that will be able to handle the next five years or so. Absolutely no guarantees for the others and we'd be stupid to think there are any.

Haven't seen yesterday's game but have seen the goals and have also read Woolfenden's interview. I am always cautious about reading two much into quotes but what about this: "You need to go in with a clear mindset of what you want to do." Our guys haven't for a long time now and it doesn't surprise me if the current regime are poor communicators.

Get Danny Cowley in, get everyone in tune with exactly what is required of them, and we should finish comfortably in the top six, perhaps better. But the games are coming very, very quickly now and the season will have passed us by before we know it. It has to happen straightaway.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 9:33]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

In three months' time the club will be asking for season ticket renewals on 09:47 - Jan 10 with 2042 viewsSomethingBlue

(Incidentally that communication thing is one of the many reasons I'd put Cowley above Paul Cook — he and his brother are both really excellent in that department, they know how to express ideas clearly, and it is so important)

In three months' time the club will be asking for season ticket renewals on 09:49 - Jan 10 with 2029 viewsbluefunk

You should see his interview, for the utter dejection and frustration LW conveys. Something is clearly not right in the camp, as he tries to stick with cliches but fails. His comment to the effect “you can’t always go by what being said on the sidelines” hints at a number of things, players afraid to take responsibility, too rigid a system, whatever, when there’s a mess you look to the man managing that mess and Lambert has demonstrated for far too long his inability to sort things out. As you say, time to get rid of this appalling manegement team.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 9:50]
In three months' time the club will be asking for season ticket renewals on 09:55 - Jan 10 with 1986 viewsSomethingBlue

In three months' time the club will be asking for season ticket renewals on 09:49 - Jan 10 by bluefunk

You should see his interview, for the utter dejection and frustration LW conveys. Something is clearly not right in the camp, as he tries to stick with cliches but fails. His comment to the effect “you can’t always go by what being said on the sidelines” hints at a number of things, players afraid to take responsibility, too rigid a system, whatever, when there’s a mess you look to the man managing that mess and Lambert has demonstrated for far too long his inability to sort things out. As you say, time to get rid of this appalling manegement team.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 9:50]

Have just watched that one — not good. At least he's clearly really, really gutted.

Has to change and has to change now. This season cannot drift by. It's the most important one in our history and we are, as usual, asleep on the job.

In three months' time the club will be asking for season ticket renewals on 09:58 - Jan 10 with 1967 viewsAce_High1

You say that but the same core of 6-8k will still sign up and sadly as we have seen with ME, this is the last frontier we can fight.

If we all boycotted the club rest of the season/ST renewals then Evans would act.

All these emails etc to LON have limited impact when people keep funding the club.
In three months' time the club will be asking for season ticket renewals on 09:59 - Jan 10 with 1959 viewsSomethingBlue

In three months' time the club will be asking for season ticket renewals on 09:58 - Jan 10 by Ace_High1

You say that but the same core of 6-8k will still sign up and sadly as we have seen with ME, this is the last frontier we can fight.

If we all boycotted the club rest of the season/ST renewals then Evans would act.

All these emails etc to LON have limited impact when people keep funding the club.

I'm genuinely not sure they will. This is serious.

In three months' time the club will be asking for season ticket renewals on 10:02 - Jan 10 with 1932 viewstractorboy1978

As usual, you are spot on. Lambert seems bullet proof though. I honestly don’t know what he’d have to do to get the boot. Evans is clearly still backing him financially this window.
In three months' time the club will be asking for season ticket renewals on 11:00 - Jan 10 with 1826 viewsHarry_Palmer

I fear you are correct, this is a critical time for Evans and he needs to act now. If he allows this shambles to carry on we will lose the opportunity to go up this season and that leaves us looking at a very bleak future.

Lambert out and Cowley in NEEDS to happen within the next 2 weeks or we are in big trouble as a club.
In three months' time the club will be asking for season ticket renewals on 11:04 - Jan 10 with 1803 viewsSomethingBlue

In three months' time the club will be asking for season ticket renewals on 11:00 - Jan 10 by Harry_Palmer

I fear you are correct, this is a critical time for Evans and he needs to act now. If he allows this shambles to carry on we will lose the opportunity to go up this season and that leaves us looking at a very bleak future.

Lambert out and Cowley in NEEDS to happen within the next 2 weeks or we are in big trouble as a club.

It has to, we will soon be playing a game every three days until May and we cannot afford to let a single week drift by. Know that's a lot to ask when we've been asleep for a dozen years but this is an absolutely critical moment and the club HAS to live up to it.

Login to get fewer ads

I got my first season ticket..... on 11:08 - Jan 10 with 1775 viewsBloots

...over 30 years ago.

I never thought I'd say this, but I won't be renewing unless Lambert is gone. It actually upsets me that I can even consider it, but I can't do it anymore.

Lambert out.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

In three months' time the club will be asking for season ticket renewals on 11:08 - Jan 10 with 1762 viewsHerbivore

In three months' time the club will be asking for season ticket renewals on 11:04 - Jan 10 by SomethingBlue

It has to, we will soon be playing a game every three days until May and we cannot afford to let a single week drift by. Know that's a lot to ask when we've been asleep for a dozen years but this is an absolutely critical moment and the club HAS to live up to it.

I just can't see it happening. There's been so many junctures over the past 18 months where we ought to have acted and sacked Lambert and he's been backed at every turn. I don't see Evans acting until promotion is more or less out of reach, by which time it's far too late and a massively important year will have been wasted.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I got my first season ticket..... on 11:10 - Jan 10 with 1750 viewsSomethingBlue

I got my first season ticket..... on 11:08 - Jan 10 by Bloots

...over 30 years ago.

I never thought I'd say this, but I won't be renewing unless Lambert is gone. It actually upsets me that I can even consider it, but I can't do it anymore.

Lambert out.

Next season will be my 29th with s/t — I'll renew as it is a link to family home and friends but I already know many who will not be so generous and I can't blame them. Club has to meet the moment. We're in such big trouble.

(Edit — I can't count, it'll be my 30th. Bloody hell)
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 11:17]

In three months' time the club will be asking for season ticket renewals on 11:19 - Jan 10 with 1695 viewsHarry_Palmer

In three months' time the club will be asking for season ticket renewals on 11:08 - Jan 10 by Herbivore

I just can't see it happening. There's been so many junctures over the past 18 months where we ought to have acted and sacked Lambert and he's been backed at every turn. I don't see Evans acting until promotion is more or less out of reach, by which time it's far too late and a massively important year will have been wasted.

You are right, he should have gone ages ago but surely even Evans must be close to realising the game is up for Lambert.

Can you imagine any other club of similar size and stature to us accepting the decline we have witnessed under Lambert? I can think of plenty of even smaller clubs that would have pulled the plug on Lambert a long time ago, it's just inexplicable that Evans can let this carry on when there are far superior managers currently out of work.

It might cost him to pay Lambert off now but it will be nothing in comparison to what it will cost him if this decline continues.
In three months' time the club will be asking for season ticket renewals on 11:22 - Jan 10 with 1669 viewsMrTown

Paul Cook for me.

Wouldn’t be unhappy with Cowley’s either though by any stretch.

Forget a ST if Bonnie and Clyde are still in charge next year.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

In three months' time the club will be asking for season ticket renewals on 11:22 - Jan 10 with 1669 viewsyesjohn99

In three months' time the club will be asking for season ticket renewals on 11:19 - Jan 10 by Harry_Palmer

You are right, he should have gone ages ago but surely even Evans must be close to realising the game is up for Lambert.

Can you imagine any other club of similar size and stature to us accepting the decline we have witnessed under Lambert? I can think of plenty of even smaller clubs that would have pulled the plug on Lambert a long time ago, it's just inexplicable that Evans can let this carry on when there are far superior managers currently out of work.

It might cost him to pay Lambert off now but it will be nothing in comparison to what it will cost him if this decline continues.

The lower we fall the less it costs him. Who knows what’s going on in his head. On one hand you’d think he would like a half decent football club, on the other it appears he wants to run it into the ground!
It's a difficult decision.... on 11:23 - Jan 10 with 1668 viewsBloots

I got my first season ticket..... on 11:10 - Jan 10 by SomethingBlue

Next season will be my 29th with s/t — I'll renew as it is a link to family home and friends but I already know many who will not be so generous and I can't blame them. Club has to meet the moment. We're in such big trouble.

...I love the club, it holds so many memories and used to hold so many hopes.

Under the current regime there is no hope, but I know how important the season ticket income is to the club's survival.

We could easily see numbers fall below 5K next season, and that could have a devastating effect on the club.

Do we not renew to make a stand, or do we financially support the club through blind loyalty?

I took the second option this season, I think it's the last time.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

I got my first season ticket..... on 11:23 - Jan 10 with 1663 viewsbluefunk

I got my first season ticket..... on 11:08 - Jan 10 by Bloots

...over 30 years ago.

Lambert out.

I feel the same, I’ve been a regular at PR since 1965, and a season ticket holder since 1993, I’ve just cancelled my direct debit.

For absolute clarity, in case anyone from the club hierarchy is reading this, I have always been an optimist about the club, I have never ever been involved in any fan protest, never booed a manager, or a player in a blue shirt. Even this week I was looking forward to seeing a refreshed team, with some of our injured players back, only to be smacked in the face with another inept and chaotic team performance.

Lambert out
It's a difficult decision.... on 11:31 - Jan 10 with 1627 viewswoodbridge_blue

It's a difficult decision.... on 11:23 - Jan 10 by Bloots

...I love the club, it holds so many memories and used to hold so many hopes.

Under the current regime there is no hope, but I know how important the season ticket income is to the club's survival.

We could easily see numbers fall below 5K next season, and that could have a devastating effect on the club.

Do we not renew to make a stand, or do we financially support the club through blind loyalty?

I took the second option this season, I think it's the last time.

That's pretty much my view Bloots.

Wednesday will be the 50th anniversary of my first game at Portman Road, an FA Cup replay against Newcastle United.

Never felt less connected to the club than I am now. I am torn between cancelling my direct debit now or waiting in the vain and almost certainly unlikely hope that Evans acts with some urgency.
In three months' time the club will be asking for season ticket renewals on 11:35 - Jan 10 with 1595 viewsHarry_Palmer

In three months' time the club will be asking for season ticket renewals on 11:22 - Jan 10 by yesjohn99

The lower we fall the less it costs him. Who knows what’s going on in his head. On one hand you’d think he would like a half decent football club, on the other it appears he wants to run it into the ground!

I'm not sure it does. I know what you are alluding to with regards to player wages etc. but there is another side to this.

Say for example we got Cowley in, results improved dramatically and we got promoted, the renewed optimism amongst fans would make a big difference to season ticket sales for next season.

If we stick with Lambert and blow this season we will be lucky to get 5k season tickets sold for next season.
I got my first season ticket..... on 11:43 - Jan 10 with 1568 viewshadleighboyblue

I got my first season ticket..... on 11:10 - Jan 10 by SomethingBlue

40 years plus for me and I've never felt so bad about what ITFC are doing .

The club really need to wake up to the fact that we are dropping like a stone and long term fans are going to be leaving in their droves .

We have a manager that is totally lost in terms of tactics , he is awful as the PR man that speaks to the media and by petulant decisions like the Phil Ham incident just shows how he has lost the plot and it's a fair bet that the players know that he is not up to the job too .

Sadly it's not just the manager that is poor , his backroom team are poor and his team captain doesn't inspire confidence or encourage others on the pitch .

We are being out thought and outplayed by teams with much less resources than we have , by better tactics , plans and commitment .

I agree the situation is that serious that unless changes are made now , this club is going to drop even further than we have already have

We look like a team that has no plan , no pattern to our play and very little team spirit .
In three months' time the club will be asking for season ticket renewals on 12:15 - Jan 10 with 1475 viewsJ2BLUE

Evans will swing the axe in the summer and people will sign up again with renewed expectation.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

In three months' time the club will be asking for season ticket renewals on 12:19 - Jan 10 with 1448 viewsbournemouthblue

with the way CoVid has been, there's no guarantee of any attendance

It's going to be a real challenge for clubs

The only winner at the moment in this modern world is iFollow?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

In three months' time the club will be asking for season ticket renewals on 12:57 - Jan 10 with 1382 viewsSomethingBlue

In three months' time the club will be asking for season ticket renewals on 12:19 - Jan 10 by bournemouthblue

with the way CoVid has been, there's no guarantee of any attendance

It's going to be a real challenge for clubs

The only winner at the moment in this modern world is iFollow?

There will be winners — they will be the clubs that are agile, forward thinking, can spot problems early and do something about them. Everything that Town are not, basically.

In three months' time the club will be asking for season ticket renewals on 13:44 - Jan 10 with 1305 viewsGuthrum

In three months' time the club will be asking for season ticket renewals on 11:35 - Jan 10 by Harry_Palmer

I'm not sure it does. I know what you are alluding to with regards to player wages etc. but there is another side to this.

Say for example we got Cowley in, results improved dramatically and we got promoted, the renewed optimism amongst fans would make a big difference to season ticket sales for next season.

If we stick with Lambert and blow this season we will be lucky to get 5k season tickets sold for next season.

Moreover, income from other sources goes down dramatically once below the Champ. TV/Prem "Solidarity" money, the chance of live televised matches, sponsorship, even away attendances.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 13:44]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

In three months' time the club will be asking for season ticket renewals on 14:02 - Jan 10 with 1234 viewsHarry_Palmer

In three months' time the club will be asking for season ticket renewals on 13:44 - Jan 10 by Guthrum

Moreover, income from other sources goes down dramatically once below the Champ. TV/Prem "Solidarity" money, the chance of live televised matches, sponsorship, even away attendances.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 13:44]

Exactly, we will just become another Swindon or Plymouth but with an academy and eventually even that will be barely worthwhile as Champ or Prem teams just hoover up any half decent players before they even become pro. Its already a problem but we become even more vulnerable the longer we remain in the lower leagues.

The whole thing is ridiculous and so avoidable as any half decent manager gets this squad into the top 6 at least.
In three months' time the club will be asking for season ticket renewals on 14:05 - Jan 10 with 1218 viewswkj

The thing is, there are enough people out there willing to pay it.

Evans will put out a staged interview and use a line from a chant and enough people will be up for it. My biggest criticism of Evans is how he hooks fans in when season ticket renewals are due. It is so patently obvious too.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024