Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking forward thread 10:57 - Jan 10 with 1479 viewsbluelagos

At some point (fiik when) we'll all be good to go...

So what's top of your list of destinations to go or things you are going to do or people you're going to see...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Looking forward thread on 11:01 - Jan 10 with 1269 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Simple pleasures first. Someting on the spur of the moment like take Mrs Pinewood to a pub for lunch and a few beers.
The trips abroad can wait a while.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Looking forward thread on 11:05 - Jan 10 with 1250 viewsDubtractor

I'll be going to as many gigs as possible with my friends.

To say that there is a live music shaped hole in my life is a bloody massive understatement.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Looking forward thread on 11:07 - Jan 10 with 1244 viewsjudespiveyg

Portman Road- its just not the same watching an illegal stream as opposed to actually being there.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Looking forward thread on 11:11 - Jan 10 with 1228 viewsStokieBlue

First thing I will try and do is get to the US and see my Grandma who is well into her 90's. We were supposed to go in April but obviously that was impossible. Other holidays that were cancelled aren't really important.

Obviously can't do anything until everything is much better.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Looking forward thread on 11:14 - Jan 10 with 1215 viewsAce_High1

Can you imagine how good that will be? Really hoping this summer is when we can all start to enjoy ourselves a little.

I have loads of plans:

Restaurants - missed these massively over the last 12 months.

Gigs - So many missed, really want some live music.

Travel - The Ashes next year in Australia (we can dream!!!),Caribbean, South Africa, New York, Portugal etc

2021, lets hope things quickly improve!
Looking forward thread on 11:17 - Jan 10 with 1205 viewsbluelagos

Looking forward thread on 11:14 - Jan 10 by Ace_High1

Can you imagine how good that will be? Really hoping this summer is when we can all start to enjoy ourselves a little.

I have loads of plans:

Restaurants - missed these massively over the last 12 months.

Gigs - So many missed, really want some live music.

Travel - The Ashes next year in Australia (we can dream!!!),Caribbean, South Africa, New York, Portugal etc

2021, lets hope things quickly improve!

Yeah, the uncertainty is hard as none of us can make rock solids plans atm. But that reads like a set of plans :-)
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 11:22]

Looking forward thread on 11:20 - Jan 10 with 1195 viewseastangliaisblue

First thing I'm going to do is hold a massive bbq/party with family and friends and get everyone totally drunk.

Next on the list is a holiday with the wife and kids. A while back I said on here I want to go Albania, so hopefully that's where we'll go.
Looking forward thread on 11:24 - Jan 10 with 1184 viewsgainsboroughblue

Trying not to get ahead of myself.

2021 I'm just hoping to do the things I had planned for 2020. Namely attending the gigs that had to be postponed and hoping none of them clash for when they finally happen.

I have got Groupons and other such bookings that have been extended, and will probably need extending again as most of them expire around April/May.

Travel etc can wait till next year. I'm just pleased to be alive and in a job at the moment.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Login to get fewer ads

Looking forward thread on 11:25 - Jan 10 with 1178 viewsfactual_blue

Another trip to Oz, poss combined with NZ and the S Pacific
Madagascar
Peru
Rhyl

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Looking forward thread on 11:27 - Jan 10 with 1173 viewsPippin1970

All you can eat buffet till i explode with friends and family . Just giving people hugs again i know it sounds daft.
Looking forward thread on 11:29 - Jan 10 with 1158 viewsPinewoodblue

Grand children Easter egg hunt in the garden, Pub lunches, sixties music weekenders.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Looking forward thread on 11:32 - Jan 10 with 1141 viewsStuartBrett8

Going to ASDA without a chuffing mask

Stop the world, I want to get off
Poll: What should we do with Frank Nouble?

Looking forward thread on 11:35 - Jan 10 with 1135 viewsgainsboroughblue

Looking forward thread on 11:32 - Jan 10 by StuartBrett8

Going to ASDA without a chuffing mask

You know something. I got a Joy Division mask for Christmas from a friend. I was asked if I had worn it yet when I next saw her and my reply was that I was saving it for best (i.e when the pubs re-open). This is what life has become. A mask for going out-out.

Looking forward thread on 11:36 - Jan 10 with 1131 viewsgiant_stow

This is handy reminder that I nerd to pull my finger out, leave the after-Christmas malaise and get workng/saving to enjoy the covid release fully. Ta.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Looking forward thread on 11:38 - Jan 10 with 1128 viewsKeno

There is one thread I am looking forward to

Lambert Leaves Town

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Looking forward thread on 11:39 - Jan 10 with 1125 viewsgainsboroughblue

Looking forward thread on 11:36 - Jan 10 by giant_stow

This is handy reminder that I nerd to pull my finger out, leave the after-Christmas malaise and get workng/saving to enjoy the covid release fully. Ta.

I think you've got time yet. But it's nice to actually see some positivity, not just in news, but people's outlooks. I'm absolutely sick of the negative spin I'm seeing on much of my social media and even more so, the people who actually seem to revel in it and enjoy increasing others already heightened anxieties.

Looking forward thread on 11:45 - Jan 10 with 1105 viewsDebsyAngel

To see my parents and to hug them both.
To go for a day out looking in the charity shops for records
To go to football
To go to the pub
To go to gigs

But I have mountains to climb with getting over my ever worsening anxiety and health problems. Not going to be easy for me (and I am sure many others).
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 11:48]
Looking forward thread on 11:47 - Jan 10 with 1098 viewsCrayonKing

Presume restrictions will be lifted gradually so inline with that we'll be easing back in to things.

First up: If I can convince the wife, it will be a camping trip somewhere quiet. Probably in Scotland if its possible early enough in the year before the midges get too bad! Stayed at an awesome site on the edge of a loch in the west highlands a few years back and would love to go back.

Second: Festivals. Not expecting the big ones to go ahead this year, but hoping things might have eased enough for Folk East in August. Not a huge fan of folk music itself, but the chilled out vibe, kids activities, and real ale in the sun is just what the doctor ordered

Third: God knows when this will be practical again, but we're long overdue a trip to see the wife's family in upstate NY. Favourite holiday ever was pre-kids, flying in to Boston and doing a week-long road trip through New England to get there, including camping in the White Mountains, horse riding, white water rafting etc. Would love to do something similar again, but with the kids this time.
Looking forward thread on 13:06 - Jan 10 with 1029 viewsfactual_blue

Looking forward thread on 11:38 - Jan 10 by Keno

There is one thread I am looking forward to

Lambert Leaves Town

If he left, and had a financial settlement to invest, what would you do if he approached you for advice?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Looking forward thread on 14:03 - Jan 10 with 1000 viewsPendejo

Still need to pay our respects at the grave of my father-in-law in Bogota, Colombia

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Looking forward thread on 14:42 - Jan 10 with 972 viewsNewcyBlue

I just can’t wait to get home in March and see my Mrs and hold my kids.

I have to hope that travel isn’t restricted. I will be coming home from Asia.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Looking forward thread on 14:47 - Jan 10 with 961 viewsbluelagos

Looking forward thread on 14:42 - Jan 10 by NewcyBlue

I just can’t wait to get home in March and see my Mrs and hold my kids.

I have to hope that travel isn’t restricted. I will be coming home from Asia.

Fingers crossed you'll be sweet mate.

Looking forward thread on 14:56 - Jan 10 with 943 viewsreusersfreekicks

Postponed last summer's holuday in Crete to this summer. Soooo hope i can get to the sun and the med
Looking forward thread on 15:01 - Jan 10 with 936 viewsIpswichKnight

Seeing my parents in Suffolk and staying overnight and going to a restaurant for a sit down meal

Either Scotland or Nordic country for a holiday

Going to football games both home and away
Looking forward thread on 15:47 - Jan 10 with 903 viewseireblue

Cycling in Mallorca, sunshine, smooth roads, patient drivers, stopping for coffee and cake, long fast downhill runs back to the beach, sitting outside in the evenings carb loading with bread, pasta, paella and red wine.

Then getting home, and wondering how I managed to put on weight after a cycling holiday, again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024