Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The most frustrating thing about it all... 12:53 - Jan 10 with 914 viewsclive_baker

Is none of it's new news is it? All of yesterdays issues are the same things that have been blindingly obvious for weeks and many months now. Woolfenden was spot on in what he alluded to post match, I just wish he had let the handbrake off and spoken his mind, but appreciate why he can't.

We've got a system that doesn't play to the strengths of the players we've got available to us. We don't have a lone striker, and Drinan bless him looks miles short of being that. If we're in a position where he has to start due to injuries, then at least get support around him in Jackson in a front 2. Norwood's movement is in a different league altogether, as he showed again yesterday with his impact by way of a goal and assist in the second 45. We very quickly need him to get up to speed and starting games.

We've shoe horned our only fit & proven out and out forward in Jackson into what is effectively a wide right midfield role. No doubt he would rather start there than not at all, but it's not his position which is quite evident and utterly ludicrous that he's starting out there while Drinan leads the line.

We continue to persevere with trying to overplay defensively among players who, while good L1 defenders IMO, simply aren't cut out for that. So much of the game is played in our half / third that inevitably we bring so much defensive pressure onto ourselves. We need a front 2 that we can hit much more directly rather than predictably playing through Dozzell every time. Swindon did a good job on him (who was uncharacteristically sloppy), but once AD is suffocated we have absolutely nothing.

Dobra is an interesting wildcard, but I still think much more effective off the bench at this stage, he miles off having the defensive discipline and decision making for that wide role he was in yesterday. Ward was poor, but in no way supported as he should've been to prevent Swindon doubling up on him.

Emyr Huws is quite clearly finished, he was absolutely dire in that 1st half yesterday. How or why he continues to start I really cannot understand.

Judge I thought was again one of our better players yesterday, particularly out of possession. I dread to think what that would've looked like without his industry and work rate in there. Certainly there are question marks about his use of the ball on occasion, but again he was making all the turnovers and forcing errors, doing Huws' running for him. Glad to see him get the goal his performance warranted and one of few who actually looked like they wanted it which was so disappointing elsewhere across the side.

It's so frustrating to see us blindly and stubbornly stick to this flawed approach and selecting the same passengers who consistently bring nothing. It's criminal really. The way I see it either Lambert is making a point to the owner who has perhaps guided him down this route, or he's utterly delusional. One thing is for sure, this is a dressing room that has well and truly been lost and I see no coming back from it.

I'm at the point now where I almost don't want this to turn around, because this regime doesn't deserve any success ahead of others in this division.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The most frustrating thing about it all... on 13:02 - Jan 10 with 879 viewsIllinoisblue

It is sad to see the decline of Huws. So far off the pace. Pre injury he surely would have been bossing L1 games.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The most frustrating thing about it all... on 13:09 - Jan 10 with 849 viewsHerbivore

Stuart Watson said that a result like this has been on the cards and he's quite right. Even in games against poor sides where we've managed to scrape results we've looked terrible. Utterly ponderous and lacking creativity. No real solidity at the back. Full backs with a combined age of 70 that we're expecting to get up and down to provide width. Isolated striker because Lambert doesn't really understand what wide forwards are. These have been issues all season, longer in some cases. Utterly hopeless but also entirely predictable. I don't know how Evans can think that things will turn around without him making a change.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The most frustrating thing about it all... on 13:12 - Jan 10 with 828 viewsSE1blue

The most frustrating thing about it all... on 13:09 - Jan 10 by Herbivore

Stuart Watson said that a result like this has been on the cards and he's quite right. Even in games against poor sides where we've managed to scrape results we've looked terrible. Utterly ponderous and lacking creativity. No real solidity at the back. Full backs with a combined age of 70 that we're expecting to get up and down to provide width. Isolated striker because Lambert doesn't really understand what wide forwards are. These have been issues all season, longer in some cases. Utterly hopeless but also entirely predictable. I don't know how Evans can think that things will turn around without him making a change.

Twine had the time and space to do a countdown from ten before launching that rocket.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

The most frustrating thing about it all... on 13:13 - Jan 10 with 821 viewsPinewoodblue

Taylor’s comments ahead of yesterday’s game

"I think it was a bit of a blessing that the Fleetwood game was called off as it has given us more time to prepare for this weekend"

I’m sure he believed what he said and I’m equally sure that he did his best to prepare for the game but clearly his best just isn’t good enough.

Our next game is against the bottom club anything less than an unlikely resounding victory has to be unacceptable.

Evans will have no option but to sack Lambert should we not win.

Should add that I don’t want us to lose but do want to see the back of Lambert and all he stands for.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The most frustrating thing about it all... on 13:15 - Jan 10 with 813 viewsLankHenners

The rare positive from yesterday is that it showed why we need Norwood back playing even if his finishing can be wasteful and he acts like a knob off the pitch with increasingly regularity.

Jackson and Dobra aren't wide players in the way we're trying to use them, which naturally puts more pressure on the 35-year-old full backs who simply just can't do what we're asking of them. Dominic Thompson gave us a lesson all evening in what we need. His lack of attacking output (and being injured) saw him dropped but you Sears' running and tracking back helped Ward out a lot early in the season and we looked a lot more solid down that side.

Dozzell had a good first half but as you say once they started to get at him a bit he was less influential and when he did have space he was wasteful. It's sad to see Huws like that, hopefully Downes can be ready to play the full 90 again soon.

If Judge is going to play he has to play there and he had a decent game, absolute sitter missed aside. If he plays out wide or further back his total lack of positional discipline means we're playing with 10 men out of possession.

It's a stupid situation as Evans is just hoping it somehow turns around but Lambert is clearly going through the motions with a team that isn't playing for him. If they weren't both a pair of berks you'd almost feel sorry for them.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The most frustrating thing about it all... on 13:20 - Jan 10 with 782 viewstractorboy1978

And most of our issues could be resolved with a competent manager.
The most frustrating thing about it all... on 13:37 - Jan 10 with 719 viewsitfcjoe

It's just the basics of setting a team up for me, sometimes you see clubs going through this sort of thing and it end sup clicking - but I just can't see it here for a second. It's not like we are doing the right things and being unlucky.

It's a setup totally not suited to the players we have available - this squad is fine, and even with the injuries could be set up to win more than it loses at this level.

I thought Jackson did ok as a wide forward v Burton, he got involved nicely and got into dangerous areas - last night he was pinned to the touchline and must have been instructed to do so.

I mentioned on another thread for their first goal Chambers goes with his man on a simple out to in run when he is carrying the ball and the next thing you know we are completely wide open and the ball is in the net.

We are talking about learning curves etc but this management team are incapable of setting a team up or a game plan - we are so easy to play against. Get back in shape whilst we fart about with it and you are set.

Our only chances come through long balls or turnovers in the final third, but we don't press to force these errors.

Swindon made 7 changes yesterday, 2 new signings, 2 players returning from loan and we were the ones that look like strangers. The players aren't playing for him, there is professional pride there but it's not enough

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The most frustrating thing about it all... on 13:50 - Jan 10 with 673 views44_not_out

The most frustrating thing about it all... on 13:20 - Jan 10 by tractorboy1978

And most of our issues could be resolved with a competent manager.

I heard Paul Tisdale on Five Live yesterday explaining what he’d done at Bristol Rovers to turn things around. Firstly he sounded a very eloquent talker but simply said ‘I injected some confidence into the lads but simply said to them, look to be positive when we’re going forward and when we lose it, get back behind the ball’.

For all you amateur tacticians obsessed with formations etc, football is genuinely not that complicated.

Had enough. Please go Lambert and take LON with you!
Login to get fewer ads

The most frustrating thing about it all... on 13:54 - Jan 10 with 650 viewsKeaneish

We knew at Adam’s Park this time last year his time was up and here we are a year on and one year into a 5 year contract. The results in the last year have us as a middle table League One side - that’s as good as PL is which isn’t good enough for this club. The evidence is damning yet on they continue in the hope their ludicrous contract offer will be vindicated.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

The most frustrating thing about it all... on 14:34 - Jan 10 with 551 viewsreusersfreekicks

The most frustrating thing about it all... on 13:37 - Jan 10 by itfcjoe

It's just the basics of setting a team up for me, sometimes you see clubs going through this sort of thing and it end sup clicking - but I just can't see it here for a second. It's not like we are doing the right things and being unlucky.

It's a setup totally not suited to the players we have available - this squad is fine, and even with the injuries could be set up to win more than it loses at this level.

I thought Jackson did ok as a wide forward v Burton, he got involved nicely and got into dangerous areas - last night he was pinned to the touchline and must have been instructed to do so.

I mentioned on another thread for their first goal Chambers goes with his man on a simple out to in run when he is carrying the ball and the next thing you know we are completely wide open and the ball is in the net.

We are talking about learning curves etc but this management team are incapable of setting a team up or a game plan - we are so easy to play against. Get back in shape whilst we fart about with it and you are set.

Our only chances come through long balls or turnovers in the final third, but we don't press to force these errors.

Swindon made 7 changes yesterday, 2 new signings, 2 players returning from loan and we were the ones that look like strangers. The players aren't playing for him, there is professional pride there but it's not enough

Spot on Joe
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024